Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Matt's Oxford White 2014 FiST Build Thread

OP
M
Thread Starter #41
Just thought I'd post a quick update. Loving the way the car drives now, but still working out a few kinks in the tune with Adam. Once that's all figured out, on to the E30 tune...

Since I last posted, I added some Denso ITV22 plugs gapped to ~.027, and just changed the oil to Mobil 1 0w20 Extended Performance and a Motorcraft filter. Up to 16,917 miles now. I also threw in some Motul Multi DCTF and it made a noticeable improvement in shift quality.

OP
M
Thread Starter #44
I got the car for $16k. Every FiST I've seen down here with recaros was in the 18-19k+ range so it was definitely worth the $185 round trip.

Still working out the tune with Adam...anxious for E30! Considering I came from an almost 700hp Z06 and an 11 second coyote mustang, any bets on how long I can hold out before ordering a DHM quick spool kit? [8]

I got the car for $16k. Every FiST I've seen down here with recaros was in the 18-19k+ range so it was definitely worth the $185 round trip.

Still working out the tune with Adam...anxious for E30! Considering I came from an almost 700hp Z06 and an 11 second coyote mustang, any bets on how long I can hold out before ordering a DHM quick spool kit? [8]
Any issues with the tune Or his just still working on it? I plan on going with Adam myself.

OP
M
Thread Starter #46
Had some issues with boost surging early on, but Adam tuned it out. Just added some more timing to the tune and the car feels better than ever, so hopefully E30 is coming soon.

OP
M
Thread Starter #47
Showed the car a little love today, thought I'd snap some pics and share with you guys.

CP-E cat-back

Couple interior shots

Side note, it's already hot as balls here in south FL. Not looking forward to the next...8 months of heat before our next "cold" front.

Attachments

OP
M
Thread Starter #48
E30 tune is finished and I can definitely say this car feels SO much better than it did stock. I'm really happy with all my mods. The way the car drives, sounds, etc - it's exactly the way I wanted it. But that's not going to stop me from modding further as I'm going to upgrade the turbo soon. But everything else is great!

Installed a Mountune RMM today. Took advantage of their grand opening sale and got it for $122 shipped. Took about 10 minutes to install and there's no noticeable difference under normal driving conditions, which is good because there is ZERO increase in vibrations. Under WOT, a lot of the "slop" is cleaned up. Highly recommend this unit if you're looking for a RMM but don't want vibrations.

I got to drive Matt's FiST this past weekend and it's a total blast. Excellent choice on mods. With the windows down it's a never ending mix of turbo spooling followed by lots of crackles and burbles. I had a huge grin the whole time. Nice car Matt! I'll have to check out the upgraded turbo some time!

By the way, this might be the cleanest car outside of a car show I've ever seen. I mean, I literally have a bookcase solely dedicated to detailing supplies and even right after a weekend detail my car is nowhere near the perfection Matt manages to achieve.

OP
M
Thread Starter #52
Thanks for the compliments Martin! I'll have to let you take it for a spin once this X37 turbo is installed and tuned [cheers]

OP
M
Thread Starter #54
Nope. Pumaspeed said it should be shipping this week...but they've been saying that for the past two weeks. Will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Ok, bummer. Perhaps they didn't have one on the shelf and had to get it machined to order? Hopefully they quicken the pace and get it shipped to you soon.

OP
M
Thread Starter #56
Yeah, they've been waiting on units to arrive apparently. I hope they get it out within the next couple days so I can get it installed this weekend.

OP
M
Thread Starter #57
After almost one month and a nearly non existent level of communication from Pumaspeed, I finally have a tracking number today, and it's scheduled to arrive this Wednesday.

Hopefully the product is worth it. For potential buyers, I recommend going through Adam at Tune+ who will now be stocking them. If I would have known this before ordering mine, I definitely would have bought it from him instead. Pumaspeed's customer service sucks.

After almost one month and a nearly non existent level of communication from Pumaspeed, I finally have a tracking number today, and it's scheduled to arrive this Wednesday.

Hopefully the product is worth it. For potential buyers, I recommend going through Adam at Tune+ who will now be stocking them. If I would have known this before ordering mine, I definitely would have bought it from him instead. Pumaspeed's customer service sucks.
Did you do your etune with Adam? I plan on getting a tune from him soon than will be getting a turbo upgrade next year.

OP
M
Thread Starter #59
Yes. I highly recommend him. I'm currently full bolt ons w stock turbo and have a 93 octane and E30 tune from Adam. The car is a completely different animal than it was stock. You can't beat his lifetime tune package for the money given his consistent results and awesome customer service.

Yes. I highly recommend him. I'm currently full bolt ons w stock turbo and have a 93 octane and E30 tune from Adam. The car is a completely different animal than it was stock. You can't beat his lifetime tune package for the money given his consistent results and awesome customer service.
That's awesome I'm definitely going to do that. Have you been on the dyno before or after curious what numbers your putting down.