Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maybe one of the best ways to explain why we drive a Fjord FIESTA?! You know, when they give that weird look...

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
....and you have to say it is an ST. And then explain what the ST is to the Fiesta. ... just say "here, watch this":
View: https://youtu.be/kM1nkR8pkX4
Destroy the Ford Fiesta ST! | Slides, Bumps, and Jumps at 100-Acre Wood Rally

I'm sure some of you have already seen the video. I just discovered it today. I'm not sure of the accuracy, but maybe somebody here knows about Rally America requirements.

Or this one (the I watched before I bought mine, along with dozens of others):
View: https://youtu.be/S-4OIxm3XaE
Ecoboost Mustang vs. WRX vs. FRS vs. Fiesta ST – Greatest Hits? – Everyday Driver

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
One of the reasons I bought the FiST was because everything I read and saw was nothing but car guys loving the car.
Sure, it's not perfect in every way. Interior's typical for an econobox. Stereo's OK, not great, and the ride is bouncier than more typical cars.
This guy is pretty big in the UK, where everybody has FiSTs. They're common as the common cold there. They're rare here. I've only seen a few.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nS5S2rfY6M

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Great thread! Thanks!

I saw all of these vids except the first one. Fantastic. I can watch them over and over.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Great thread! Thanks!

I saw all of these vids except the first one. Fantastic. I can watch them over and over.
I DO watch them again. And I've had mine less than 2 months. I'm 58yo and have had MANY cars, boats and cycles over the decades... most fun, ever. Of all those vehicles, my '89 Calais w/the quad 4 cam close. Not a ton of HP, but the lowered FE3 suspension and the quad 4...fun.

I remember hauling ass and having to brake so hard entering a main toad cloverleaf the right rear raised up...i eased off the brake amd reapplied...spirited driving? That's for amateurs...lol. (North Hampton blvd to Independence blvd north)

Needless to say at 19 ky license was suspended...4 speeding, 1 red light.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
One of the reasons I bought the FiST was because everything I read and saw was nothing but car guys loving the car.
Saw that one amd tons of others. I sit at work and wait for things to break. Youtube is my middle name. One day I saw the end of the internet...

I'll be a broken record and say again that i chose the FiST BEFORE i ever drove it. I test drove the 2019 Mazda 3, Elantra GT N line and two ST's on the same day. Never drove or sat in a FoST. If price wasn't an issue, i like wagons and the N line is more of a wagon than hatch...so glad money was an issue!!!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I love savage. I watch all his vids. I was thrilled when he mentioned that he was doing a FiST vid (I asked him via a live youtube Q & A). He did not disappoint.
His deadpan delivery is hilarious. It's like having my highschool bio teacher do car reviews and for some reason I find it endlessly hilarious.

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
His deadpan delivery is hilarious. It's like having my highschool bio teacher do car reviews and for some reason I find it endlessly hilarious.
Yes, but for pure humor? REGULAR CAR REVIEWS...

NSFW audio....use earbuds at work!

View: https://youtu.be/gw-3zLZheII

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There are a few people here rallying their FiST’s . @MSportfan is pretty big on it.
HA!
I take it down the stage roads when volunteering/working on ARA rallies, but that is a FAR CRY from actually competing in rallies, although these cars, as well as any other iteration/class of modded/rally prepped Fiesta do VERY well on stage rallies. [wink] [driving] [raceflag]
(But it is almost impossible to win against all of the unlimited Scoobyroo bucks which is poured into the Subaru Rally Team USA's effort nowadays, as Vermont Sportscar is basically Prodrive west. [:(])

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Saw that one amd tons of others. I sit at work and wait for things to break. Youtube is my middle name. One day I saw the end of the internet...

I'll be a broken record and say again that i chose the FiST BEFORE i ever drove it. I test drove the 2019 Mazda 3, Elantra GT N line and two ST's on the same day. Never drove or sat in a FoST. If price wasn't an issue, i like wagons and the N line is more of a wagon than hatch...so glad money was an issue!!!

Same here!

There was basically NO OTHER CHOICE for me.
The dealer wanted me to test drive a FoST, but I did not even bother.
This is the perfect fixed income/enthusiast retiree ride (except for mod $$$$ of course LOL), and at 64 in two months time, it helps keep me young! [:)]
This is also one of the best looking small hatches, ever IMHO.[wink]

OP
flbchbm

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Same here!

There was basically NO OTHER CHOICE for me.
The dealer wanted me to test drive a FoST, but I did not even bother.
This is the perfect fixed income/enthusiast retiree ride (except for mod $$$$ of course LOL), and at 64 in two months time, it helps keep me young! [:)]
This is also one of the best looking small hatches, ever IMHO.[wink]
You got me by a few years. Did you see where said it is my middle to late life crisis car? It is a poor man's Corvette so to speak.

I forgot Savage Geese's review. Hats off to me then!

View: https://youtu.be/ir4TQwG41zY

I like what he said and he called out the shortcomings of the stock car. This car needs to be modified. Then and only then will it’s soul be revealed. It’s a bitch but it’s true.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I like what he said and he called out the shortcomings of the stock car. This car needs to be modified. Then and only then will it’s soul be revealed. It’s a bitch but it’s true.
Disagree. Car is supurb in stock form. It's all about setting expectations. If you expect it to be more than it is, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's a cheap, reliable, light car that handles like its on rails and has a fair amount of punch when needed.

A local friend has a 2017 with an intercooler, stratified tune, and some other little odds and ends. While I thought it was fun to experience the car in a different way, I still preferred it stock. To me, stock is more predictable, you can really wind out the car more without fear of death and destruction.

Of course I know I'm the minority opinion when it comes to this on here, and that's fine. To each his own.

"whatever floats your boat"

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Speaking of stock the ST Octane Academy cas are pretty much stock except for a Wilwood Caliper Hydraulic rear J brake . They run them on PS AS3’s as well.
And a rollcage. Slower than stock, due to the weight alone.

Disagree. Car is supurb in stock form. It's all about setting expectations. If you expect it to be more than it is, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's a cheap, reliable, light car that handles like its on rails and has a fair amount of punch when needed.

A local friend has a 2017 with an intercooler, stratified tune, and some other little odds and ends. While I thought it was fun to experience the car in a different way, I still preferred it stock. To me, stock is more predictable, you can really wind out the car more without fear of death and destruction.

Of course I know I'm the minority opinion when it comes to this on here, and that's fine. To each his own.

If I let you drive my car you would change your mind. I had the car stock, tuned, intake, ic etc. It handled great but the fun factor slowly disappeared and the stock suspension was harsh. Now it’s fast af and rides and handles better. YOLO

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

I have done some modifications to the car and I will continue to do so eventually it'll be full bolt on 93 octane tune. Stock turbo though I'm not going to upgrade the turbo. I may change the suspension when it's worn out from age maybe.
Agree the car is fantastic in stock forum it's reliable, predictable, and will probably be completely headache free mostly.
Full bolt on for me is about a five-year window so give me about three more years. I don't want to lower it.
I also keep all my stock parts in boxes.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts