Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanical boost gauge wiring

A-A-Ron_st

So I just ordered a new turbosmart mechanical boost gauge and the install seems fairly simple. My question is how do I wire the the backlight? There are plenty of videos on euro spec wiring but it seems the US spec headlight switch wiring is different. What wires do I need to tee into toe make my backlight work with the rest of my dash lights?

the duke

I did a piggyback fuse and ran an extended wire under the dash to the passenger fuse box. TS mechanical gauge mounted into an ATI pod. I found the wiring easy, the worst part was running the boost line through the cabin to the engine bay.

Here's a reference for the fuse box.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...th-tempurature-and-compass-installation.2717/

Please note this method will not allow for dimming of the gauge. You'll need a different circuit for that. I believe it always has power when the car is on so the gauge will be illuminated in the day, but you won't notice.

Last edited:
I did a piggyback fuse and ran an extended wire under the dash to the passenger fuse box. TS mechanical gauge mounted into an ATI pod. I found the wiring easy, the worst part was running the boost line through the cabin to the engine bay.

Here's a reference for the fuse box.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...th-tempurature-and-compass-installation.2717/

Please note this method will not allow for dimming of the gauge. You'll need a different circuit for that. I believe it always has power when the car is on so the gauge will be illuminated in the day, but you won't notice.
To piggy back on this, check out your fuse diagram and make sure you tap into a fuse that is not continually fed power. I have a autometer boost gauge and like the duke said, running the vacuum hose is the least enjoyable part.

the duke

To piggy back on this, check out your fuse diagram and make sure you tap into a fuse that is not continually fed power. I have a autometer boost gauge and like the duke said, running the vacuum hose is the least enjoyable part.
Agree. I went with a black silicon hose instead of the supplied TS clear hose. I think it was larger in OD slightly but it was more flexible. The TS hose was very stiff. I believe I ran the hose down and left from the vent and through a rubber grommet between the door frame. I then ran up and along the fender and through into the engine bay. After that it was easy. I think I ran a newer hose that was longer so I could cut to length later.

Agree. I went with a black silicon hose instead of the supplied TS clear hose. I think it was larger in OD slightly but it was more flexible. The TS hose was very stiff. I believe I ran the hose down and left from the vent and through a rubber grommet between the door frame. I then ran up and along the fender and through into the engine bay. After that it was easy. I think I ran a newer hose that was longer so I could cut to length later.
Yep. Same. I had the hard plastic tubing but it wasn’t measuring vacuum accurately. Switched to a 4mm hose and the gauge rings true. It’s difficult to fish the hose down the pillar and through that rubber grommet. Think... creatively, ha.

the duke

I think I might have taped it to a flexible metal wire that I could bent into a shape to help snake it through. I think I did this with the wiring under the dash as well. There are various brackets you can loop it over and it'll act as a bracket. Completely out of the way from your feet and won't get snagged.

Yeah, I took some 12 gauge wiring I had lying around and wiggled / winded til I found my way through. Taped to the tip of the hose and it was easy day.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Sub’d for my boost gauge install possibly this weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk