Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFT Hacking/modding

I would love to be able to pop up some useful gauges or something of that sort if it ever happens :)
+1

I wish Cobb could get the AP to display its gauges and info via the MFT screen. That'd be a lot more useful than trying to find a place to stick the mounting post for the AP. :-/

There's got to be someone doing something with the mytouch.
Hell, I was doing this on 2001 on the SS camaro;

JPGC

2000 Post Club
There's got to be someone doing something with the mytouch.
Hell, I was doing this on 2001 on the SS camaro;

WTF, THAT IS A BIG MONITOR FOR A CAR. Lol, looks like that would be easy to read while monitoring your data.

I was doing everything with that computer. Internet, tethered through a old Verizon flip phone music video mp3, obviously obd2 autotap, even had a TV card to watch television,DVD wireless keyboard oh and do not forget Navigation. I had it all integrated through the monsoon stereo system. Yellow Optima battery hidden in the trunk.

Pretty sure the small group of MFT/Sync engineers & developers are full time working on phone support and bug fixes at the moment. Ford has yet to issue app validation keys for developers. Years ago a hand full of folks developed apps, made them work, and Ford did nothing with the effort.

So... I've been keeping an eye on the thread posted above, and apparently you can add factory nav to the MFT by getting an APIM from a nav equipped vehicle. There's a part number listed, but it's for the 8" MFT, which I'm sure won't fit our 6.5" units. Would anyone happen to know the part number for our cars? I couldn't find a definite one after about an hour of searching.

So... I've been keeping an eye on the thread posted above, and apparently you can add factory nav to the MFT by getting an APIM from a nav equipped vehicle. There's a part number listed, but it's for the 8" MFT, which I'm sure won't fit our 6.5" units. Would anyone happen to know the part number for our cars? I couldn't find a definite one after about an hour of searching.
Our screen size is different, but the resolution is the same. Can you define APIM?

FYI-

The pin outs on the "Accessory Protocol Interface Module " are the same, but the screen is interpreted differently.....so please do not waste you time on trying another NAV MFT APIM with the Fiesta Screen.

I have done this among many other things. Results are the touch screen is inverted and flipped.

Yes, the APIM has 2GB of flash storage capability. The OS is Microsoft Automotive, similar to CE.

If there is enough interest, and value, I could reimage the non-nav APIM with a Nav image.

So I did some more research today. So even if we had appLink you would still need a Bluetooth odb2 dongle and an app like torque. Then, the developer of torque could add in features that allow it to report to sync. Considering that would be largely useless, this is a senseless venture unless ford decides to give telemetry data to us and display it on MFT as NortherProducer suggests. Lame!!!!
Not true...The MFT is already connected to the canbus. Code would just need to be written to interpret what you want displayed. it is already monitoring vehicle system data....which is how the vehicle diagnostic report is sent to ford through your tethered phone's data connection.