Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MN Group?

Blue fist with dizzy tune :) you would hear me πŸ˜‚ mainly in the Woodbury middle school area. By Brian and Joe's hope to see ya around!
Ha! I'm very close to that on the other side of 494 just down the street from Chick-fil-A for work. I live up near Century College. I'll keep an eye out for ya!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone else in this group run e50 during the winter like myself? If so where do you Fill up and do you know their content level of e85? i go to Minnoco and they have 93 oct and E85. Im just looking for another easy option that is good quality. [driving]

Anyone else in this group run e50 during the winter like myself? If so where do you Fill up and do you know their content level of e85? i go to Minnoco and they have 93 oct and E85. Im just looking for another easy option that is good quality. [driving]
Not sure where to fill up, as I run normal 87/91 and the BP near me closed that had 93 and E85.

You may know this already, so sorry if you do... Just a heads up, E85 doesn't stay at 85% all winter. My dad used to haul gas for Holiday until 2019 and had explained it to me that as the temp drops the ethanol has a much harder time burning than gasoline, so they change the blend ratio as the winter goes on (similar to the #1 vs #2 diesel blend ratios in the winter) to allow it to still function in vehicles. I believe the mix ratio gets as low as E50 when its cold in end of Jan/Feb which slowly tails off back to high 70% into the spring. It may be something that the station can read on their instruments in the back office if you call/go in and ask. but you may have better luck with a stand alone sensor to check/validate their readings if your car doesn't have a flex fuel sensor installed.

This may help find stations that have E85 as well
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=E85

Another more clunky alternative...
https://www.mnbiofuels.org/e85-providers

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure where to fill up, as I run normal 87/91 and the BP near me closed that had 93 and E85.

You may know this already, so sorry if you do... Just a heads up, E85 doesn't stay at 85% all winter. My dad used to haul gas for Holiday until 2019 and had explained it to me that as the temp drops the ethanol has a much harder time burning than gasoline, so they change the blend ratio as the winter goes on (similar to the #1 vs #2 diesel blend ratios in the winter) to allow it to still function in vehicles. I believe the mix ratio gets as low as E50 when its cold in end of Jan/Feb which slowly tails off back to high 70% into the spring. It may be something that the station can read on their instruments in the back office if you call/go in and ask. but you may have better luck with a stand alone sensor to check/validate their readings if your car doesn't have a flex fuel sensor installed.

This may help find stations that have E85 as well
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=E85

Another more clunky alternative...
https://www.mnbiofuels.org/e85-providers
I've got a Fuel it sensor in my Car and the App for my Phone. Works pretty well. i was just looking for alternate fuel source from those who use the corn in the winter.

Ha! I'm very close to that on the other side of 494 just down the street from Chick-fil-A for work. I live up near Century College. I'll keep an eye out for ya!
Might have to meet up once I get my summers on! πŸ«£πŸ˜‚ I gotta do my breaks and get new tires thanks to 94 😩 just recently moved back from Wisconsin, so I’m always lookin for more car buddy’s