Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune anyone?

You didn't factor in the cost of getting an intake as the MP215 kit comes with intake and tune.
But the overwhelming majority of the increase to performance comes from the tune alone. The intake apparently adds very little. I'd be willing to pay a bit more to maintain the warranty, but an $800 (we're guessing) premium is way too much. It will be interesting to see exactly what the Mountune kit with installation actually costs.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I don't disagree with you on their pricing and think its expensive. On the contrary we are all assuming the intake costs $800 which is not true, it should be the other way around as Mountune already has their intake prices listed on their site for $399. It's really their tune that is expensive haha.

I'll summarize whats been posted so far based on the estimated pricing.

airjor13 mentioned the MP215 kit costs $1300

$1300 MP215
-$399 intake
-$150 for the labor of installing the intake and tune
------------------
$750 cost of their tune

Now if you deduct their tune price from the Cobb tune
$750
-$500 Cobb Tune
------------------
$250

So the question to most people is if the extra $250 is worth it for warranty coverage.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
When you break it down like that, I wouldn't mind paying that for the warranty.

Do we have power numbers though? BHP? WHP?

I don't disagree with you on their pricing and think its expensive. On the contrary we are all assuming the intake costs $800 which is not true, it should be the other way around as Mountune already has their intake prices listed on their site for $399. It's really their tune that is expensive haha.

$1300 MP215
-$399 intake
------------------
$750 cost of their tune

$750
-$500 Cobb Tune
------------------
$250

So the question to most people is if the extra $250 is worth it for warranty coverage.
Nice breakdown...and the only way I will break down and pay $1300 USD for that package if it gives foot massages and washes dishes and absolutely blows the Cobb AP out of the water

Perry

$1300 MP215
-$399 intake
------------------
$750 cost of their tune

$750
-$500 Cobb Tune
------------------
$250

For me, the answer is yes. Particularly if I'm going to be driving it hard, etc., I'm gonna want the warranty to remain valid. One can look at it as "insurance", I suppose. And if I amortize it over the time frame of the warranty, it's not unreasonable, I think. That said, it's also not unreasonable to go the other way. To each his own, I say!

Perry

When you break it down like that, I wouldn't mind paying that for the warranty.

Do we have power numbers though? BHP? WHP?
The UK package is claimed to deliver an increase from 185 hp to 215 hp and increase max torque from 212 to 236 ft-lb. As I understand it, the US package will offer similar increases.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
The UK package is claimed to deliver an increase from 185 hp to 215 hp and increase max torque from 212 to 236 ft-lb. As I understand it, the US package will offer similar increases.
I am assuming that quote is output at the crank?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
And you're at 190WHP with that set up... if the 215WHP number is legit, it is certainly worth it.
Yes, I am currently at 190WHP and 263WTQ. I am scheduling another round of dyno once DP is in place too, think I am going with cp-e as they are local to me