Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune anyone?

Perry

Could well be--perhaps probably is?--that in order to keep the Ford warranty alive with the mountune package that they must limit the tunes to only those mountune provides, with a Ford nod of approval in the background, no doubt. If they let others muck around with the ECU, etc., using their rig, I'd understand if Ford said "Unh-unh" re: the warranty.

Late February 2014 is the most specific release date I have seen thus far. I have contacted Mountune UK and Ken Anderson of Mountune USA previously via FB and email and have been told "first quarter 2014", "very soon" and when I mentioned that my Fiesta St would be arriving in late March/early April that the timing should work to get the MP215 kit. Fingers crossed that this is true and that Ford USA will honor the warranty like Ford UK.

/Rich

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I heard Mountune is going to be charging a Premium for their tunes, for the money I might just stick with Cobb.

Anything through the dealer is gonna be at a premium. I'm waiting to see the finalized pricing and then decided on whether to go with mountune or FSWerks.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's going to be the price? Damn. Definitely not worth that. Looks like I'll be getting my Team Dynamics wheels sooner that expected.

$1300 for the MP215 could be right. I believe in the UK the kit goes for about 799 pounds not including about an hour of labor (or should I say labour). That works out to about $1300 dollars with current exchange rates. The MP215 kit in the UK does include more than a tune (cold air intake, filter, hose).

$1300 for the MP215 could be right. I believe in the UK the kit goes for about 799 pounds not including about an hour of labor (or should I say labour). That works out to about $1300 dollars with current exchange rates. The MP215 kit in the UK does include more than a tune (cold air intake, filter, hose).
Whoa....if that is the case, just call me Cobby Cobberson[thumbdown]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Even at $1300...that's still about $400 more than if you were to buy the Cobb tune and any other intake brand. The upside I see about the Mountune kit is the convenience and you might be able to add it to your financing.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Even at $1300...that's still about $400 more than if you were to buy the Cobb tune and any other intake brand. The upside I see about the Mountune kit is the convenience and you might be able to add it to your financing.
That would be the only reason I would do it, if it could have been negotiated into the final deal with warranty intact

The Cobb is $500, right? So that would make it $800 less...unless I am missing something

Harvick

1000 Post Club
The Cobb is $500, right? So that would make it $800 less...unless I am missing something
You didn't factor in the cost of getting an intake as the MP215 kit comes with intake and tune.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
You didn't factor in the cost of getting an intake as the MP215 kit comes with intake and tune.
Okay, lets say that a Cobb intake will cost around $300, its still $500 or so less than the Mountune kit. I know Mountune is quality, but so is Cobb while providing more value to us owners.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Okay, lets say that a Cobb intake will cost around $300, its still $500 or so less than the Mountune kit. I know Mountune is quality, but so is Cobb while providing more value to us owners.
I agree, no doubt going with other companies is cheaper. I wanted to make sure RDgolfer knows that the kit is made up of more than just the tune.[wink]