Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune MP215 - "PremiumCare" friendly?

That is entirely not the point. Shows that you are really not paying attention.

Look, I didn't 'flip a sentence'. I interpreted it, then proceed to contact Ford dealers, Ford Racing, and Mountune. Why don't you do the same and come back, instead of just posting your same opinion over and over again? Maybe some users can benefit from it. I'll be leaving this thread.
I sent an email to Mike Robins (Supervisor-Info Center) at Ford Racing regarding your interpreted take on the Ford Performance Limited Warranty. See below...
Looks like the info the Ford dealers told you is incorrect. I would like to apologize if I was a bit harsh with you, again I'm sorry for that.

"Marc,

I hope all is well with you. From what I?ve read, and unless I missed anything?.you?re reading the statement the correct way. We write these things with what I believe, leaves no room for interpretation. Mike or myself would also be happy to chat over the phone if any of this is confusing.

I?ve answered here in red:

Questions:
1.If the MP215 kit (in theory) were to cause an engine failure during the base 3year 60,000km (miles) warranty would Ford cover the repair under the new vehicle warranty? ?YES is the short answer. If it is attributed to the calibration, we (Ford Performance) cover it, if it is attributed to a base/mainstream vehicle failure-Ford covers it. This may be confusing to a consumer, but the take away is that either way-it?s covered.
2.Who is responsible for fixing an issue caused by warranty approved mountune part (MP215, Intercooler, short shift kit, etc), Ford or Mountune? I believe I answered that above, but the answer is Ford Performance.
3.I have the Ford extended warranty on my Fiesta ST, does the extended warranty cover a MP215 caused failure? The black and white answer is NO. However, you have to also remember that just because your vehicle has an aftermarket calibration, that does not automatically void any warranty, extended warranty or not. The failure HAS to be PROVEN to be caused by the calibration. For example-if your strut fails, is this a result of the calibration? No, therefore ESP would cover it.

Would like to clarify this on the forum as I don?t like having false information for other potential users that may steer them clear of Ford Racing parts or mountune parts.
If you could take a bit of time to comment on this would be most appreciated.

Not to shoot down a poor example, but an intake is not a fair example. These are controlled by MAP sensors and have no effect on calibration. That?s why you can run a different intake on these cars, as well as Focus, and not have issue. Calibrated or not.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Mike Robins
Supervisor-Info Center
Ford Performance
(800) FORD-788

www.fordperformance.com
www.fordperformanceracingparts.com
www.fordshowparts.com

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 3:45 PM
To: Robins, Michael (M.)
Cc: Goodwin, Michael (M.J.)
Subject: RE: mountune Intercooler Installed - 2014 Ford Fiesta ST - Warranty Registration

Hi Mike,

I?m a member on one of the Fiesta ST forums and have being going back and forth with one guy regarding the limited warranty to the performance packs. Or in my case the mountune MP215 kit.
I have read the warranty document and it all seems very straight forward to me. However a member of the forum is basically trying to say if the MP215 kit during the base 3year 60,000km warranty were to cause the engine to fail and they said it was caused by the MP215 kit then the warranty would not cover the repairs. This seems to go against everything the warranty document talks about.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

Somehow he understands the following sentence to mean you have no warranty with mountune warranty approved parts:
?Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.?

I read the above sentence as anything not caused by F.P. or mountune parts are still covered by the base vehicle warranty. Based on his interpretation he?s trying to say this mountune MP215 tune is no more warranty friend then compared to a Cobb tune. He was also trying to say that if something goes wrong with a mountune part and it causes damage that somehow you have to deal through mountune fix the issue, which seems crazy. Not too sure if he?s trying to get you guys to agree to what he?s saying?? See below what he?s saying.

?I am quite certain now that I am right. I called and spoke with two dealers. I will be visiting a third tomorrow (getting some warranty work done at this one), and will confirm with them as well. They confirm my suspicion that no aftermarket item voids your warranty (not Cobb, not Mountune, etc). Mountune is no more "warranty friendly" than Cobb. The thing that is different amount Mountune is that they will replace that item, if it is found defective, under their warranty for the remainder of your factory 3 year/36k. That's it. Mountune gives you a limited warranty on the product itself.

They also said: If an aftermarket item on your vehicle that did NOT come installed from the factory (even if it's Ford Racing or Mountune products) -- if these items are found to have caused a problem, then your factory warranty will not cover the damages. I re-emphasize, if your Ford Racing or Mountune products are found to have caused a problem, the damages will not be covered under your factory warranty. Instead, you need to look to Mountune to help resolve your issues (most likely, they would just replace your product... I doubt they would replace your engine or any severe warranty work if that were the case).

Here's the example they gave me: Let's say your Mountune intake causes a code related to O2 levels or some other sensors failing (or insert something perhaps more appropriate/realistic, just using intake as an arbitrary example), then Ford will not replace your intake or anything else that your intake has damaged due to normal use. The "warranty friendly" means that Mountune is responsible for replacing your intake and paying for whatever other damages have occurred for the remainder of your factory 3 year 36k. Not sure about you, but this isn't a situation I want to be in, because I've called Mountune and they gave me no comment. They told me to refer to Ford. Maybe they would replace the intake (because they would have to if it was a faulty product) but I am genuinely uncertain whether or not they will cover the bill from the rest of the hypothetical damage.

Hope this all makes sense. If someone knows better, and can cite something concrete (like, an email from someone high up on Ford Racing would help...) or a statement from someone at Mountune. Please do. I've been looking for answers and gather this much, but it hasn't exactly been transparent.?

Questions:
1.If the MP215 kit (in theory) were to cause an engine failure during the base 3year 60,000km warranty would Ford cover the repair under the new vehicle warranty?
2.Who is responsible for fixing an issue caused by warranty approved mountune part (MP215, Intercooler, short shift kit, etc), Ford or Mountune?
3.I have the Ford extended warranty on my Fiesta ST, does the extended warranty cover a MP215 caused failure?"

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Not too sure where you found this in one of their warranty documents, but the Ford Racing performance pack limited warranty says otherwise.
View attachment 9377
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf
Go to the Mountune site and read the MP215 documents. If a MP215 causes a problem Ford performance is billed internally for the repairs. It is invisible to the owner as long as you registered you MP215 with Ford. But that is only for 2014-2016 model years. The MP215 is not according to Mountune covered after the 2016 as they would have had to recertify it for both EPA and CARB. A Ford extended warranty will cover it for 2014-2016 per Ford customer service when I asked.My MP215 still showed on my warranty info and of course even the MP215 was covered since weeks after I bought the car. Did not buy the Ford extended warranty but was told by Ford that nothing in the extended warranty excludes any parts covered under your original warranty. BTW, "Warranty friendly" means something will not void your warranty like an exhaust, but unlike the MP-215 an exhaust is not covered by your original warranty.

Quote for Mountune document
"If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs."
36 months/36K

The document does not go into extended warranties which prompted me to call Ford, I did not trust the warranty sales folks. So Customer Service at Ford performance was where I got my info. After 36/36 the extended warranty pays for any Mountune stuff not Ford Performance. I have no idea about third party providers but would never us one anyway/
From my personal experience and in great lengths talking to my service manager at my Ford dealer he has told me that Cobb tunes, etc if something fails and they can prove back to tune then your warranty claim is denied. One example he gave me and they see this alot on diesel trucks with tunes and the truck comes in with axle issues, they prove that there's a tune and deny the claim. Problem with Cobb stage 1 tune is that they unlock all the torque in 1st and 2nd gears allowing for too much potential wheel spin and potential axle damage. Again if this is the case they will probably denied the warranty claim. At least with MP215 they unlock some but not all torque in 1st and 2nd. Yes mountune gives a 1year warranty on the parts alone, think they mention this on their website. As for saying that mountune has to remedy the issue just don't see that. Show me a document that says when you have a warranty issue you have to deal through mountune in terms of getting your car fixed. Why is it that when you have to register your install with Ford Racing to get your limited warranty. If mountune was paying for the repairs don't you think that you would have register the warranty with them? You talk about having to look to mountune to resolve your issues if there's a problem with mountune that caused a failure of sorts, never heard of anyone on these FiST forums that had to do that. As for mountune telling you to refer to Ford it's because they don't deal with base factory warranty claims.

Warranty issues aside the Cobb stage 1 tune is rather underwhelming, lots of punch on the bottom end, wheel spin but pretty tired on the top end. My friend the bought the Cobb stage 1 package and we drove each other's cars and even he admitted that the mountune mp215 seemed to be quicker overall.

Perhaps part of the problem is most Ford dealers know nothing about mountune and said warranty, I had to educate my dealer on everything. Seems the way Ford and mountune rolled this info out to the dealers was poorly done.

Like i said before I will email the warranty guy at Ford Racing, hopefully they can shed some further light on this.

My theory is and may I'm wrong but since Ford Racing and mountune have a partnership they are less likely to void your warranty.

I know during the MP215 development mountune had talked about working with Ford and the CARB certification required. They said when they got the CARB certification then the base warranty by Ford wouldn't be voided which makes mountune MP tunes and Cobb's tunes very different from that point of view. Unfortunately most of these posts from mountune where on a different FiST forum that mountune was a major sponsor but then the forum got bought out and mountune stopped being a sponsor and the mountune section was deleted, not too sure if any of those posts pre MP215 release are still on one of the FiST forums.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
A dealer has jack to do with your warranty, looking at Mountune documents issued 2017 does not say the same thing the doc's that came with the certified MP215, after 2016 it was no longer covered under factory warranty. A dealer is an independent contractor, they do not have any authority over your Factory warranty, they cannot alter or void it. They are free to refuse to work on you car and many, many dealer will lie their butts off so they don't have to do low paying warranty work if they can. Nor are they obligated to work on your car if they don't want to.Your warranty say FORD, Dearborn, Michigan.....not your local Ford dealer. You cannot sue a Ford dealer for warranty issues. Their name is nowhere on your warranty. I have had Ford Customer Service tell me "under the table" so to speak not to use one local dealer due to complaints of work billed but not done. If ANY Ford Service idiot tells me anything I take it with a truckload of salt.....if they say it is daytime I'll look out the window to check! Dealer service is a bad joke, drove my car into the ground for 9 days to fix Sync 3 And guess what? They billed Ford for work they did not do, just like the one I was warned away from.

I doubt there are very many FiST's still under their 36/36 warranty with an MP215, just ones sold in 4Q of 2016 if under 36K miles.

When I bought my car in 2016 I had to get Ford Performance Customer Service to call the Service Manager and explain in one syllable words he was full of shit telling me he would void my warranty if I had the MP215 installed. They then called the General Manager and "suggested training" for the idiot lying Service Manager. I ended up installing it myself and trading a case of beer for an ASE tech to check it and sign off. Then took all of 5 minutes to get it registered. How the 2014-2016 MP215 was handled is totally different for 2017 up as the are not EPA or CARB approved.

The cost of warranty repairs is NOT billed to Ford Manufacturing but is internally billed to Ford Performance.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The good news here is that no one's had a problem with the MP215. No issues, no claims, AFAIK, here in the US, or worldwide.

I don't want an AP in the cabin, anyway.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The good news here is that no one's had a problem with the MP215. No issues, no claims, AFAIK, here in the US, or worldwide.

I don't want an AP in the cabin, anyway.
Mine has been in the glove box since it was installed. The MP215 is a fantastic supplement to out FiST. I cannot imagine it being better for my purpose. Seamless and invisible and third gear pulling like a train is wonderful. The passing ability on two lane roads is unbelievable. Like you I know of nobody that has a single issue nor have I ever read about any. Was really not that expensive, Levittown Ford sold it at a deep discount over Mountune, installed ourselves and had a friend ASE certified check and sign off on it. Cost me a case of beer!

Mine has been in the glove box since it was installed. The MP215 is a fantastic supplement to out FiST. I cannot imagine it being better for my purpose. Seamless and invisible and third gear pulling like a train is wonderful. The passing ability on two lane roads is unbelievable. Like you I know of nobody that has a single issue nor have I ever read about any. Was really not that expensive, Levittown Ford sold it at a deep discount over Mountune, installed ourselves and had a friend ASE certified check and sign off on it. Cost me a case of beer!
Well said, I had zero issues with MP215 and have since moved to MR230 hardware and custom mountune tune. I waited till my extended warranty was done before moving to MR230 w/ tune. Love it give the car an extra nice punch, I believe mountune told me just the mountune downpipe adds 10hp by itself and exhaust didn't get any louder with the full turboback mountune exhaust which was an bonus for sure.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well said, I had zero issues with MP215 and have since moved to MR230 hardware and custom mountune tune. I waited till my extended warranty was done before moving to MR230 w/ tune. Love it give the car an extra nice punch, I believe mountune told me just the mountune downpipe adds 10hp by itself and exhaust didn't get any louder with the full turboback mountune exhaust which was an bonus for sure.
It's not louder?

It's not louder?
I don’t think so, my mechanic friend thought it was a little louder but I don’t think so. He did the install at my Ford dealership. My wife didn’t complain about the exhaust so thinking [emoji848] it really didn’t get much if any louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don’t think so, my mechanic friend thought it was a little louder but I don’t think so. He did the install at my Ford dealership. My wife didn’t complain about the exhaust so thinking [emoji848] it really didn’t get much if any louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems louder, here. Deeper, more than way louder, but louder.
Go to around 5:15.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYJa3Zlj-Yk

He's in Ireland, but it's the same exhaust.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I sent an email to Mike Robins (Supervisor-Info Center) at Ford Racing regarding your interpreted take on the Ford Performance Limited Warranty. See below...
Looks like the info the Ford dealers told you is incorrect. I would like to apologize if I was a bit harsh with you, again I'm sorry for that.

"Marc,

I hope all is well with you. From what I?ve read, and unless I missed anything?.you?re reading the statement the correct way. We write these things with what I believe, leaves no room for interpretation. Mike or myself would also be happy to chat over the phone if any of this is confusing.

I?ve answered here in red:

Questions:
1.If the MP215 kit (in theory) were to cause an engine failure during the base 3year 60,000km (miles) warranty would Ford cover the repair under the new vehicle warranty? ?YES is the short answer. If it is attributed to the calibration, we (Ford Performance) cover it, if it is attributed to a base/mainstream vehicle failure-Ford covers it. This may be confusing to a consumer, but the take away is that either way-it?s covered.
2.Who is responsible for fixing an issue caused by warranty approved mountune part (MP215, Intercooler, short shift kit, etc), Ford or Mountune? I believe I answered that above, but the answer is Ford Performance.
3.I have the Ford extended warranty on my Fiesta ST, does the extended warranty cover a MP215 caused failure? The black and white answer is NO. However, you have to also remember that just because your vehicle has an aftermarket calibration, that does not automatically void any warranty, extended warranty or not. The failure HAS to be PROVEN to be caused by the calibration. For example-if your strut fails, is this a result of the calibration? No, therefore ESP would cover it.

Would like to clarify this on the forum as I don?t like having false information for other potential users that may steer them clear of Ford Racing parts or mountune parts.
If you could take a bit of time to comment on this would be most appreciated.

Not to shoot down a poor example, but an intake is not a fair example. These are controlled by MAP sensors and have no effect on calibration. That?s why you can run a different intake on these cars, as well as Focus, and not have issue. Calibrated or not.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Mike Robins
Supervisor-Info Center
Ford Performance
(800) FORD-788

www.fordperformance.com
www.fordperformanceracingparts.com
www.fordshowparts.com

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 3:45 PM
To: Robins, Michael (M.)
Cc: Goodwin, Michael (M.J.)
Subject: RE: mountune Intercooler Installed - 2014 Ford Fiesta ST - Warranty Registration

Hi Mike,

I?m a member on one of the Fiesta ST forums and have being going back and forth with one guy regarding the limited warranty to the performance packs. Or in my case the mountune MP215 kit.
I have read the warranty document and it all seems very straight forward to me. However a member of the forum is basically trying to say if the MP215 kit during the base 3year 60,000km warranty were to cause the engine to fail and they said it was caused by the MP215 kit then the warranty would not cover the repairs. This seems to go against everything the warranty document talks about.

Somehow he understands the following sentence to mean you have no warranty with mountune warranty approved parts:
?Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.?

I read the above sentence as anything not caused by F.P. or mountune parts are still covered by the base vehicle warranty. Based on his interpretation he?s trying to say this mountune MP215 tune is no more warranty friend then compared to a Cobb tune. He was also trying to say that if something goes wrong with a mountune part and it causes damage that somehow you have to deal through mountune fix the issue, which seems crazy. Not too sure if he?s trying to get you guys to agree to what he?s saying?? See below what he?s saying.

?I am quite certain now that I am right. I called and spoke with two dealers. I will be visiting a third tomorrow (getting some warranty work done at this one), and will confirm with them as well. They confirm my suspicion that no aftermarket item voids your warranty (not Cobb, not Mountune, etc). Mountune is no more "warranty friendly" than Cobb. The thing that is different amount Mountune is that they will replace that item, if it is found defective, under their warranty for the remainder of your factory 3 year/36k. That's it. Mountune gives you a limited warranty on the product itself.

They also said: If an aftermarket item on your vehicle that did NOT come installed from the factory (even if it's Ford Racing or Mountune products) -- if these items are found to have caused a problem, then your factory warranty will not cover the damages. I re-emphasize, if your Ford Racing or Mountune products are found to have caused a problem, the damages will not be covered under your factory warranty. Instead, you need to look to Mountune to help resolve your issues (most likely, they would just replace your product... I doubt they would replace your engine or any severe warranty work if that were the case).

Here's the example they gave me: Let's say your Mountune intake causes a code related to O2 levels or some other sensors failing (or insert something perhaps more appropriate/realistic, just using intake as an arbitrary example), then Ford will not replace your intake or anything else that your intake has damaged due to normal use. The "warranty friendly" means that Mountune is responsible for replacing your intake and paying for whatever other damages have occurred for the remainder of your factory 3 year 36k. Not sure about you, but this isn't a situation I want to be in, because I've called Mountune and they gave me no comment. They told me to refer to Ford. Maybe they would replace the intake (because they would have to if it was a faulty product) but I am genuinely uncertain whether or not they will cover the bill from the rest of the hypothetical damage.

Hope this all makes sense. If someone knows better, and can cite something concrete (like, an email from someone high up on Ford Racing would help...) or a statement from someone at Mountune. Please do. I've been looking for answers and gather this much, but it hasn't exactly been transparent.?

Questions:
1.If the MP215 kit (in theory) were to cause an engine failure during the base 3year 60,000km warranty would Ford cover the repair under the new vehicle warranty?
2.Who is responsible for fixing an issue caused by warranty approved mountune part (MP215, Intercooler, short shift kit, etc), Ford or Mountune?
3.I have the Ford extended warranty on my Fiesta ST, does the extended warranty cover a MP215 caused failure?"
This debate has gone on for years and some people ( Mountune haters?) want to keep trying to BS forum members about it. Thanks for posting this but I'll bet people will continue with the BS posts. And for people that have other Fords keep in mind this is not just the MP-215, Ford Performance offers a wide range of performance parts that are covered. Believe what your car manufacture says not the idiot dealer or forum haters.

Seems louder, here. Deeper, more than way louder, but louder.
Go to around 5:15.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYJa3Zlj-Yk

He's in Ireland, but it's the same exhaust.
Yes your right it got louder compared to the stock exhaust, more bass deeper sound but no drone when cruising at low rpm. I follow his channel and don’t believe he ever had the mountune downpipe fitted. So when I said added the mountune downpipe and it didn’t get any more louder was referencing back to the mountune cat back exhaust I had installed a year earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk