Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune MP215 Question

Does anybody know how to uninstall the mountune device from the fiesta? I hit a tough time and need to sell my mp215 kit and according to the sale rules I need to show a picture of it being uninstalled. I don't know if the mountune device is different than cobbs and it doesn't need to be unmarried or whatever, but any help would be great! Also, if you're looking for one of the best upgrades you can do be on the look out for it on the sale posts once I get it figured out.

Pete

Does anybody know how to uninstall the mountune device from the fiesta? I hit a tough time and need to sell my mp215 kit and according to the sale rules I need to show a picture of it being uninstalled. I don't know if the mountune device is different than cobbs and it doesn't need to be unmarried or whatever, but any help would be great! Also, if you're looking for one of the best upgrades you can do be on the look out for it on the sale posts once I get it figured out.
You can't the mp215 can not be removed because it is warranty friendly and smog legal. It is permanently married to the car.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
that's what I thought based on what I know about the device. So there's really no way to sell the mp215 kit?

You could sell the parts, and have your car flashed back to factory, but I believe the access port is permanently tied to your ECU, it can't be used on another car.

The Cobb Accessport also gets married to the car, but you can divorce it, at which point it can be married to another car. Cannot be married to more than one car at a time.

So you may be able to un-marry the Mountune mTune unit as well. No reason why not, no reason why it should void your warranty or the product's warranty by doing it. Definitely contact Mountune and talk to them directly, or a dealership to find out.

Zormecteon

The Cobb Accessport also gets married to the car, but you can divorce it, at which point it can be married to another car. Cannot be married to more than one car at a time.

So you may be able to un-marry the Mountune mTune unit as well. No reason why not, no reason why it should void your warranty or the product's warranty by doing it. Definitely contact Mountune and talk to them directly, or a dealership to find out.

Nope. The mp215 works for one car and one car only. EVER. And only a dealership and set the ECU back to stock. mtunes sold by mountune are a different story, but the question is specifically about the mp215.