Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MR230 Review???

dyn085

2000 Post Club
A few people must have bought it, and then starved to death because they couldn't afford to eat for the next 5 weeks, lol.
LOL

Mountunes redeeming quality is that it preserves warranty, but because this is the MR that obviously doesn't apply. You can't argue the looks or quality of workmanship, but I can't imagine wasting a single penny on the brand. Generally speaking, everything available through them has a better and cheaper competitor. Some people want the name and/or badge, and I can't fault them for that, but there won't be many reviews because most people went another direction to get more power for less.

If you snag the upgrade kit (TBE, Intercooler, and charge pipes) on sale, it's really not that much of a difference in price than going with a competitor. Getting the 2JR exhaust and a Cobb intercooler kit, for instance, is about 1730 right now, but that's with a sale on the exhaust. On labor day, Mountune had a 15% sale which would have put their kit at 1830, and it includes the induction hose (which doesn't mean much if you have a cold air). Like dyn085 said, you're banking on the global name brand being better quality than a small race shop in Georgia.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against 2J Racing. Only ordered a Koni kit from them, so I can't speak to the craftsmanship of their in house products, but they were quick in getting the order out and I will probably be getting some more stuff from them in the future. I know their cowl intake has been a huge hit.

Here is what I don't understand. Everybody says that the mountune kit is overpriced. I haven't seen anywhere anybody saying that the cobb kits are overpriced. Apples to apples both are basically a stage 3 with very minute differences. The MR230 is priced at $2,949. The cobb stage 3 is $2,960. They both are great products, I have read that mountune underrates there power figures(I could be wrong). I know that I will go with the MR230 when i am ready to set up from my 215 kit. Its all personal preference to a certain point.

meFiSTo

Yikes. Who in their right mind would want to jump into this conversation regarding mountune?

me32

1000 Post Club
Here is what I don't understand. Everybody says that the mountune kit is overpriced. I haven't seen anywhere anybody saying that the cobb kits are overpriced. Apples to apples both are basically a stage 3 with very minute differences. The MR230 is priced at $2,949. The cobb stage 3 is $2,960. They both are great products, I have read that mountune underrates there power figures(I could be wrong). I know that I will go with the MR230 when i am ready to set up from my 215 kit. Its all personal preference to a certain point.
This was pretty much my thought. Seems to be in the same ball park as cobb.