Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's what I was thinking. Is 205/45 the best bet or would 215/45 work better? I know the tire selection there would be more limited.

Would 205/50 work with an inch drop on something like Swift springs? I bought the car on these h&r springs and have been thinking about raising it a bit anyways.
IF someone made a decent, UHP all season in a 215/45-16, they'd be on my wheels right now. [wink] [:(]
(These Dekagrams are my daily driver everyday wheels, and I do use them in the cold/winter as long as there is no ice/snow on the roads. WHY I need an all season rated tire on them. [wink])

IF someone made a decent, UHP all season in a 215/45-16, they'd be on my wheels right now. [wink] [:(]
(These Dekagrams are my daily driver everyday wheels, and I do use them in the cold/winter as long as there is no ice/snow on the roads. WHY I need an all season rated tire on them. [wink])
Yup unfortunate to see how limited they are. Sounds like 205/45 will have to do!

I picked up some used ones from a forum member and just installed them last night. Tires are Firestone 205/45. I’ve tried searching but found basically nothing other than M-Sport Fan running really high pressures, but what tire pressure are folks running for normal street driving? Stock pressures seem stiff, so looking for some input.

I picked up some used ones from a forum member and just installed them last night. Tires are Firestone 205/45. I’ve tried searching but found basically nothing other than M-Sport Fan running really high pressures, but what tire pressure are folks running for normal street driving? Stock pressures seem stiff, so looking for some input.
I'm interested in an answer to this question too. I'm running 205/50 Indy 500s on my Dekas and I've been using the stock pressure in them.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I'm interested in an answer to this question too. I'm running 205/50 Indy 500s on my Dekas and I've been using the stock pressure in them.
I used to run Indy 500s, 205/40/17.

IIRC I had to really dial up the pressure extremely high to something like 42psi all around to get the car to rotate and have crisper turn in at least relative to my ZIIIs I also ran at the same time

You can run lower pressures, say 33-35psi all around on the Indys if you want to dial in more comfort. Just know there is giong to be a performance trade off

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So glad I chose bronze! The bronze-ness is a bit muted but I actually like it more that way on a silver car. Mounted on Falken RT-660 215/45r16 on stock suspension, clearance from shock is a bit tight but they don't rub.
View attachment 37929
Actually, the bronze OR the black Dekas look phenomenal on the silver! [wink] [twothumb]
Those tires, in that size look wicked on that car!

IF that color was offered (or the Performance Blue) for new cars in '16, I would have gotten one of them, despite how 'common' silver is for all cars/SUVs in general (but not for FiSTs), and how much I like the Magnetic, which is sadly now THE most common FiST color, it seems.

Erick_V

So glad I chose bronze! The bronze-ness is a bit muted but I actually like it more that way on a silver car. Mounted on Falken RT-660 215/45r16 on stock suspension, clearance from shock is a bit tight but they don't rub.
View attachment 37929
Looks great! Could you get a side profile of the tire on the wheel? I want to know how much wider it’ll be than my current RS Pro setup

Looks great! Could you get a side profile of the tire on the wheel? I want to know how much wider it’ll be than my current RS Pro setup
Unfortunately I'm across the coast from this car for a few months so I can't take more pics, but is this what you're looking for? I will say these are very wide for 215s.
dekagram new pic-2.jpg ECC437E2-0B72-48BC-A0F4-847C1D60D043.JPG

Erick_V

Unfortunately I'm across the coast from this car for a few months so I can't take more pics, but is this what you're looking for? I will say these are very wide for 215s.
View attachment 37934 View attachment 37935
It’s all good. From what I have seen you’re right, they are pretty wide. I’m hoping I don’t have to raise my car or ride around with the damping turned up lol

CSM

1000 Post Club
It’s all good. From what I have seen you’re right, they are pretty wide. I’m hoping I don’t have to raise my car or ride around with the damping turned up lol
what suspension setup are you on? I am running a more aggressive setup and can provide insight maybe as to what works / what doesnt

Erick_V

what suspension setup are you on? I am running a more aggressive setup and can provide insight maybe as to what works / what doesnt
BC Coils 5k/3k, 1.6deg camber, 0.3deg total toe out. I’m not crazy low but I may have to trim the tabs. I’m 23 1/4 inches from floor to the top of the rear fender and just a hair under 23 inches in the front
39F1B604-6947-4A45-A272-88DEAD93D9D1.jpeg

CSM

1000 Post Club
BC Coils 5k/3k, 1.6deg camber, 0.3deg total toe out. I’m not crazy low but I may have to trim the tabs. I’m 23 1/4 inches from floor to the top of the rear fender and just a hair under 23 inches in the front
View attachment 37937
I dont know my car's ride height in terms of floor to fender lip distance.

Any way you can measure center of the hub to the fender lip? that's a more standard approach IMO. I'm at 31.5cm all 4 tires. Rubs in front, not rear. Trimmed tabs and -1.7* camber, still rubs fender lip during autocross.

This season I'm switching to Fortune 500s, dialing up more stiffness, going to 15x8 and 225/45/15, and more camber. Hope that helps. If not, I'll roll fenders

Erick_V

I dont know my car's ride height in terms of floor to fender lip distance.

Any way you can measure center of the hub to the fender lip? that's a more standard approach IMO. I'm at 31.5cm all 4 tires. Rubs in front, not rear. Trimmed tabs and -1.7* camber, still rubs fender lip during autocross.

This season I'm switching to Fortune 500s, dialing up more stiffness, going to 15x8 and 225/45/15, and more camber. Hope that helps. If not, I'll roll fenders
Looks like I'm about half an inch lower than you. Rough measurement but I'm ~30.3cm in front and ~30.4 in rear.

Bumping this thread. New member and new ST owner here! I've got some Konig 16x8's on order and planning to put 205/50 Indy 500's on.

Does anybody know if I can keep the rally armor mudflaps with this setup (stock height)? If that's a no how about 215/45's EC Sports?

Last edited:

Erick_V

Bumping this thread. New member and new ST owner here! I've got some Konig 16x8's on order and planning to put 205/50 Indy 500's on.

Does anybody know if I can keep the rally armor mudflaps with this setup (stock height)? If that's a no how about 215/45's EC Sports?
Both of those tires will work fine. My car was the photo right above your post and I’m lowered a decent bit. If you’re stock height it’ll be hard to rub on anything tbh. Unless you take something at a really bad angle you’ll be fine. The only thing I hit occasionally is my exhaust. That’s only because the MBRP has a huge canister right after the downpipe and I’m low, has to be a high and long speed bump for it to scrape. That’s around the same area where your front mudflaps would be