Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST owner

Morning! New FiSt owner here as of this past weekend from Lancaster PA. I picked up a 18’ with 37k on it, figured it was a good successor to the 03’ focus SVT I had in high school. Pretty much stock, other than an access port with a Cobb stage 1 ( thanks to a fellow member here )

I’ve learned a ton already lurking here and I’m looking forward to picking y’all’s brains! Not gonna do anything crazy tho, as it is my daily.

View: https://imgur.com/a/5hV6G5z

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the fun zone. It's a great daily, and even gets decent mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.
I know you're not interested in going crazy with mods, but a RMM and a short shift kit really helps the driving experience. You can find them used here.
If you want a cheap but effective tune, get a mountune OTS tune for $75. It'll wake it up nicely. Just tell them what mods you do or don't have, and they'll e-mail it to you.
I just ordered a 91 tune because I'll be road tripping out west in April. Once you've had a taste, the Cobb tunes are boring by comparison.

OP
rcnut14
Thread Starter #8
WELCOME and CONGRATS from about 2 hours east of you.

Was just the AP from a forum member, or was the car itself also from a member on here?
yes. the AP was from RUNCDO87's for sale ad here on the forum

the car I got from a local ford stealership as they gave me a very tempting trade-in price for my fusion. I went from the SVT focus to the fusion, and, while I loved it, I missed having a "fun" daily driver.

though it's a wonderful time to get into tuners with gas prices right now, lol

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Former SVT Focus owner here too. I've owned 3 of them over the years and at one time had both the FiST and the FSVT. I prefer the FiST.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yea I'm enjoying the FiST a little more as well. though it doesn't make me wonder what a turbo'd SVT would be like
Welcome to the fun zone. It's a great daily, and even gets decent mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.
I know you're not interested in going crazy with mods, but a RMM and a short shift kit really helps the driving experience. You can find them used here.
If you want a cheap but effective tune, get a mountune OTS tune for $75. It'll wake it up nicely. Just tell them what mods you do or don't have, and they'll e-mail it to you.
I just ordered a 91 tune because I'll be road tripping out west in April. Once you've had a taste, the Cobb tunes are boring by comparison.
I'll keep that in mind! I'm not scared to do upgrades, in fact, I kinda want to do some ( FMIC, maybe an intake, BOV, etc) but I don't want an aggressive tune as I want to keep reliability. I made the mistake of reading the blown up engine thread lol

dhminer

2000 Post Club
yes. the AP was from RUNCDO87's for sale ad here on the forum

the car I got from a local ford stealership as they gave me a very tempting trade-in price for my fusion. I went from the SVT focus to the fusion, and, while I loved it, I missed having a "fun" daily driver.

though it's a wonderful time to get into tuners with gas prices right now, lol

yea I'm enjoying the FiST a little more as well. though it doesn't make me wonder what a turbo'd SVT would be like

I'll keep that in mind! I'm not scared to do upgrades, in fact, I kinda want to do some ( FMIC, maybe an intake, BOV, etc) but I don't want an aggressive tune as I want to keep reliability. I made the mistake of reading the blown up engine thread lol
I would trust Mountune's OTS tune more than Cobb's.