Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member here, looking to expand capability for the Fiesta ST.

Hello everyone. I want to introduce myself. I am the owner of Velossa Tech Engineering and Velossa Tech Design. I was given permission from the administrator to post a quick feeler thread to gauge interest in our pursuit of growth here on fiestastforum.com.

My company produces parts for the Focus ST via advanced 3D printing processes. I want to cut to the chase.

6 months ago I started producing parts for the focus ST. In that time I was able to, in a matter of weeks at a time; come out with mind blowing products.

Below are images of custom ST center caps, they are available in any color combination you can imagine, screw color combination, high temperature option for people that track their car and even custom designs such as skulls and logos.

These are stock replacement wheel caps for the FoST. They would probably fit the FiST.

Black oxide screws.

Red anodized screws.

This was a full custom set of caps I had made for a customer with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels. They fit perfectly.

This set will fit Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 and 1.3 wheels.
Sorry for the poor lighting.

I also create custom shift knobs for the FoST, with the lockout recess so it fits perfect.

Emblem and badges in any color.

Keychains too.

In any color.

And now for the real reason why I chose this forum. I successfully am able to produce ram air intake snorkels in house on my printers. I have no intention of slowing down production either and I want to add this performance modification to the Fiesta ST since it is a close design.

This is called the BIG MOUTH. We use CFD and a lot of design iterations to optimize this snorkel for maximum flow through the duct.

Available in any color.

Then there is the bigger brother of big mouth.

BIGGER MOUTH

Has an enlarged bellmouth opening that is color customizable. These are customer orders shown below, in all the different colors.

And that's what we're up to.

We can make anything any color. Would you guys be interested in new products like this?

Thank you,

- Dan

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Its amazingly cool that you guys are doing this with a 3D printer.

That snorkel is awesome as hell, if my intake was still in the stock location I would totally pick one up from you.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #4
i forgot to add more customer rides.

black oxide screws on black caps are very popular.

Custom caps for avant garde M310 wheels.

Stock ford caps again.

This customer in the images above is making 440 whp, he actually gave me the idea of the bellmouth. I made one for him THE NEXT DAY. We work very fast because we are not limited by suppliers or china, we make everything on printers.

FocusMike

Are all your products going to be from a 3D printer or mainly used for prototyping? I like the center caps but wish they look a little bit more polished. I do like your product ideas though.

me32

1000 Post Club
Looks nice. I like the big mouth snorkle setup you guys did

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #8
Thank you, a lot of the finish was cleaned up since those pictures were taken. We use 3D printers for production and prototyping.

Young L

the big mouth intake would be great for guys using the Cobb intake or just the factory intake with a upgraded filter.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Don't forget the Mountune air box. This snorkel would also work great for that air box. Right now, I have a hole cut in the plastic mount that sits on top of the radiator. This allows for an air path to the OEM snorkel. It would be great to replace the existing snorkel and pull air from the front of the radiator. I vote for black or blue, possibly white. You could also make a snorkel that fits on the bottom of the fiber tube that connects to the bottom of the Mountune airbox. Something with a baffle that could be closed in wet weather??????

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #12
I did a little research and I need to see what you guys think.

If this is doable or not. I dont have a Fiesta in front of me so all I can do is go by the pictures. Need mounting points for the snorkel, does anyone know if they exist? Remember I am not limited by molds or design since I can print the part. I just need to know if ya'll are willing to go this route for a snorkel, like possibly cutting that plastic faring behind the grill? Focus owners generally dont care.

Let me know, thanks.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
That is exactly where your snorkel would go. There really aren't mounting points or screws there, but ones could be drilled. Where you point to "Might need to cut through this" is where I cut a hole with a hole saw. Maybe if you made a lip on the end of the snorkel so that it goes inside and pops out into the opening where you have the dotted ellipse, you could get a tight seal. Then all one would need to do would be to cut an elliptical hole or a port that matches the shape of your snorkel, and we would have a Fiesta ST Snorkel.

OP
VelossaTech
Thread Starter #14
I would need someone to let me borrow their car for a few days to do this. That would be the only way to get it done.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
As we are on opposite coasts, thats not doable for me. However, there are some ST owners in Florida who may want to volunteer. Also, you may be able to get Mishimoto to provide you with some of their 3D models of this area, as they are making radiators, ICs and other parts, and have obtained some info from Ford.

the big mouth intake would be great for guys using the Cobb intake or just the factory intake with a upgraded filter.
I was thinking it would work best with the Cobb intake, that was the way I was leaning for intake anyway; the snorkel would make a gnarly addition.

I've been hoping someone will do a proper intake snorkel for our cars! Good luck in finding your test car. I think even open intake users will benefit from this although to a much lesser degree as closed box systems obviously. Any means to get "cold" air in there is a plus.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
3" Intake Ram Air Duct Extension Installed

This might be useful to provide further insight...

I found adding a snorkel extension tube (rather than just a hole) prevented heat radiated from the front face of the radiator from being drawn in (particularly important when traveling at very low speeds or when stopped in traffic) since the snorkel now extends well past the face of the radiator...The high density foam used surrounds and insulates the tube within the cover and provides a direct flow into the OE intake snorkel to airbox...The cross sectional areas of both tube and OE snorkel are matched to provide optimal flow...

All materials purchase at Home depot for $8

Ram Air Duct With Foam Insulation.jpg

Ram Air Duct 2.jpg

Ram Air Duct 3.jpg

Ram Air Duct 4a.jpg

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I did a little research and I need to see what you guys think.

If this is doable or not. I dont have a Fiesta in front of me so all I can do is go by the pictures. Need mounting points for the snorkel, does anyone know if they exist? Remember I am not limited by molds or design since I can print the part. I just need to know if ya'll are willing to go this route for a snorkel, like possibly cutting that plastic faring behind the grill? Focus owners generally dont care.

Let me know, thanks.

yup similar to
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4469-Free-Intake-Mod-as-per-Mod-Bargains

Some are willing.