Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Morimoto LED 3157 and very soon back up lights, found what I have been looking for:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

Now available, $45 pr, the back up lights should be out next week:)
EDITED, no back up lights available for our fitment, two pair amber and one pr white 3157 on the way here:)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-3157-bulbs.html#.VJ268P88N0

I have been looking at bulbs for some time, quality brand, good design with well controlled light output, look good....and the right amount of output which it looks like these will do a great job though I will research that just a bit more.

I will likely do their fogs as well then will have nearly a full Morimoto install, Projector bi-xenon HID, DRLwhere the stock high beams are, LED fogs, 3 sets of 3157, one set of back ups.....

Edited, fogs on order as well:)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-s.html#.VJ29Rf88N0

Since I bought quite a bit from them they have given me a nice price break, never hurts to ask, being retired Military helps
even more sometimes but I would ask anyway if not, I always do:)

Great service from TRS!

Rick

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have had superb service from TRS but have no experience with Vleds so cannot comment on that aspect. I do get a nice miltary discount from TRS as well.

hi there...so these back up lights, just to make it easier to see while reversing I'm guessing? any other benefit as to why change them?

Thanks

I have had superb service from TRS but have no experience with Vleds so cannot comment on that aspect. I do get a nice miltary discount from TRS as well.
Did not know about a military discount at TRS. I'll have to take advantage of that when I get my fogs.

hi there...so these back up lights, just to make it easier to see while reversing I'm guessing? any other benefit as to why change them?

Thanks
It's also so people know when you're reversing. No particular advantage, some people want to go full LED with their lights.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Unfortunately no back up lights for now, it was a misunderstanding with another rep there:(

BUT, they love these backup lights from Vled.com, they all use them at TRS.

I am looking for something to more match what I am doing up front so looking at black projector housing back up lights, if none in black I will get silver and probably paint the housings.

---------------

I am doing full LED like in our trailer, around 80 changed so far in it!

I want really bright back up lights so I can see better, more important than anything else, then LED for long life, and then style in that order.

---------------------

I just ordered the Mirimoto LED fogs and 2 sets of amber and 1 set of while 3157's:)

---------------------

I asked about a GB on all the TRS products, I will talk to admin about it.
10 units, 10%
15 units, 15%
20 units, 20%

TheStig

Highly interested in the fogs as one of mine shat the bed long ago.

Might aswell upgrade to a better option if we can. Is it direct mount with no modification?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Not sure if direct mount but it should be close and pretty easy if not.

Polycarbonate lenses should hold up really well and a coat of Laminex would be a good idea.

I prefer clear so will look for some and make my own.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Rick, I've had really bad luck with reverse LEDS. Either one or the other will not work when installed. Let me know how the TRS ones work out. I tried two different lights from Amazon, and one set from suoerbrightleds, None worked or were brighter than the OEMs

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Thanks for the info, much appreciated, I am researching other options for back up lights now.

Unfortunately TRS only carries Mirimoto and they will not have the proper one for us, maybe later.

Maybe I will use the same DRL lights I bought to put where the high beams were, at 50 ft away it was hard to look at these in the daylight!

Or change the socket so I can find a much brighter smaller LED, 1000lm

http://www.vleds.com/3156-white-5k-ho.html

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, I am researching other options for back up lights now.

Unfortunately TRS only carries Mirimoto and they will not have the proper one for us, maybe later.

Maybe I will use the same DRL lights I bought to put where the high beams were, at 50 ft away it was hard to look at these in the daylight!

Or change the socket so I can find a much brighter smaller LED, 1000lm

http://www.vleds.com/3156-white-5k-ho.html
Don't forget the reverse lights are a T10 socket, not a 3157. I got mine from VLEDS and am quite happy with the output.

As for LEDs not working out of the box, this is a dumb question, but did you flip them around in the socket before giving up? The LEDs are polarity-sensitive and will only work in one direction.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Yes, there are many numbers for what will fit but not 3156 or 3157 but those I showed above are nearly twice as bright, just have to change the sockets which may or may not be easy.

Did you get the ones on the first post, they are not as bright but plug and play, if much better than stock bulbs I might get them:)

Thanks!
Rick

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Don't forget the reverse lights are a T10 socket, not a 3157. I got mine from VLEDS and am quite happy with the output.

As for LEDs not working out of the box, this is a dumb question, but did you flip them around in the socket before giving up? The LEDs are polarity-sensitive and will only work in one direction.
Yes, I'm aware that these lights are polarity sensitive, and I reinserted them after flipping them when they didn't first work. Out of three sets of reverse lights (2 from JDM, one from superbrightleds.com), only one worked, and the output was worse than the OEMs. Which ones did you use? Website and part number or link would be appreciated.

Yes, I'm aware that these lights are polarity sensitive, and I reinserted them after flipping them when they didn't first work. Out of three sets of reverse lights (2 from JDM, one from superbrightleds.com), only one worked, and the output was worse than the OEMs. Which ones did you use? Website and part number or link would be appreciated.
Sorry, I was on my iPad, otherwise I would have linked. I use these. They also come in a 5K color, and both output at 500 lumens:

http://www.vleds.com/921-15-w-6k.html

I also use these for my plate lights - and they're quite bright as well:

http://www.vleds.com/6k-4-hpf.html

westcoaST

1000 Post Club

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That's funny, I got my backup LEDs from JDM.
Not only do they work perfectly but they do appear brighter than the OE bulbs.

Dave

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
That's funny, I got my backup LEDs from JDM.
Not only do they work perfectly but they do appear brighter than the OE bulbs.

Dave
Dave, I agree, my situation was pretty strange. I purchased the JDMs per a post on this forum, and ended up sending two sets back through Amazon. Hopefully, 4th time is the charm! otherwise, I give up.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
The XB 3157 LED's just arrived, installed, very well made, very bright, good looking, so far love them, will see how they are in the dark later this evening:)

The turn signals flash faster than stock but that makes them more noticable so I might leave them like that.

When on the hazard lights they blink the normal rate.

LED lights fire up faster than regular bulbs which makes them stand out more as well.

----------------

The fogs came in but no time to install them right now, road trip time tomorrow and the car is staying home unfortunately.

----------------

I will order those VLED back up lights, not as good looking but seems the best I can get for now unless I change the sockets.