Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Morimoto LED 3157 and very soon back up lights, found what I have been looking for:)

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Sorry, I was on my iPad, otherwise I would have linked. I use these. They also come in a 5K color, and both output at 500 lumens:

http://www.vleds.com/921-15-w-6k.html

I also use these for my plate lights - and they're quite bright as well:

http://www.vleds.com/6k-4-hpf.html
Just got the backup LEDS from VLEDS. They worked perfectly. Each LED was individually wrapped in foam and shipped in an envelope with peanuts. Cost was $45.00 for two, but I finally got a set where both LEDs worked. Nice and bright also. Thanks Dirtyblueshirt.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Thanks for the review on them, glad you are happy, I guess I need to order a set now:)

Just got the backup LEDS from VLEDS. They worked perfectly. Each LED was individually wrapped in foam and shipped in an envelope with peanuts. Cost was $45.00 for two, but I finally got a set where both LEDs worked. Nice and bright also. Thanks Dirtyblueshirt.
No worries [emoji1]

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I have have been looking at these on Ebay for some time and checked them out again today and decided to order a pair as the brightest backup lights I have found, highly rated seller, plug right in, 800 lumens.

I was considering a socket change to run 1k lumens with the VLED 3156 bulb, it would require reshaping the taillight housing a bit with a dremmel and wiring in the new socket.

But these plug right in and are just $27.88 shipped!

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/291053744663

The 1k VLED 3156 would of cost around $80 with new sockets making the ones I ordered a great deal.

The XB 3157 LED's just arrived, installed, very well made, very bright, good looking, so far love them, will see how they are in the dark later this evening:)

The turn signals flash faster than stock but that makes them more noticable so I might leave them like that.

When on the hazard lights they blink the normal rate.

LED lights fire up faster than regular bulbs which makes them stand out more as well.

----------------

The fogs came in but no time to install them right now, road trip time tomorrow and the car is staying home unfortunately.

----------------

I will order those VLED back up lights, not as good looking but seems the best I can get for now unless I change the sockets.
Rick,

The 3157 are for the blinkers (front and rear?) ??
The Fogs are clearly for the Fogs....

On the 3157, did you get the CK or Non-CK version (I don't even know what that means!).
Thanks for clearing it up for me...

-- Max

XuperXero

I have have been looking at these on Ebay for some time and checked them out again today and decided to order a pair as the brightest backup lights I have found, highly rated seller, plug right in, 800 lumens.

I was considering a socket change to run 1k lumens with the VLED 3156 bulb, it would require reshaping the taillight housing a bit with a dremmel and wiring in the new socket.

But these plug right in and are just $27.88 shipped!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291053744663

The 1k VLED 3156 would of cost around $80 with new sockets making the ones I ordered a great deal.
Rick, my previous LED reverse bulb was this design you are looking at, it does not work well for flooding the light due to our housing design and direction of bulb placement especially for the project glass part.
I purchased some SCOE LED bulbs to replace it, and the result was MUCH better as seen below:

SCOE bulbs

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Thanks for the input!

My car is apart on the lift so I just turned them on to see how bright and they seemed pretty good on the shop wall, I guess when I get the new turbo on and drive it I can find out for sure. I will look into the ones you are now using if needed, much appreciate it:)

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
I have to head out on some errands, wife and doggies waiting so I must go, I need to answer the questions on the 3157 and will, sorry I missed it this AM.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
I do not know what the CK version is either, it was not available when I ordered the 3157 bulbs.

I think I got 2 amber and one white pair and then had to order their resistors as blink to fast on the turn signals. They are very bright to say the least.

The fogs are complete replacement assemblies and very easy to install, I tested one hooked up to 12 VDC and they are super bright and have a wide and not tall beam which is exactly what fogs are meant to be, far better than the stock in all ways and barely more weight.

------------

SCOE bulbs for backup lights, is that a type or a brand or just get some with lots of LEDs all around and call it good?

Rick

XuperXero

SCOE bulbs for backup lights, is that a type or a brand or just get some with lots of LEDs all around and call it good?

Rick
SCOE is a China brand specializing in making car LED bulbs for cars. The LED filament (is that what you call it for LED's?) itself is actually imported whereas the rest of the construction is made in China. I'm not sure if they sell outside of China as they do not have a website, they were only listed on China's version of eBay called Taobao (www.taobao.com) and paypal is not heard of on this side of the world. I've never heard of SCOE either until my coworker had them on his car and they were amazingly brighter than what I used to have so I ordered a couple myself and have been very satisfied.

Pricing is about $10-12 USD per bulb depending on design and connector type.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
SCOE is a China brand specializing in making car LED bulbs for cars. The LED filament (is that what you call it for LED's?) itself is actually imported whereas the rest of the construction is made in China. I'm not sure if they sell outside of China as they do not have a website, they were only listed on China's version of eBay called Taobao (www.taobao.com) and paypal is not heard of on this side of the world. I've never heard of SCOE either until my coworker had them on his car and they were amazingly brighter than what I used to have so I ordered a couple myself and have been very satisfied.

Pricing is about $10-12 USD per bulb depending on design and connector type.
It looks like SCOE is available on Amazon. Do you have part numbers for the lights you purchased?

XuperXero

It looks like SCOE is available on Amazon. Do you have part numbers for the lights you purchased?
FYI

Brake Light: 1157 (61LED upgraded model, normal is 30LED) Seller also claims that the output is 2000Lumens...

Reverse Light: T15 (22LED model)

XuperXero

Update: 1157 does not fit USDM Fiesta. Check your bulb type before purchasing!

XuperXero

You could have looked in your owner's manual for this information as well.
The Chinese owner's manual does not have this or fuse diagrams or engine/transmission oil specificatons... literally... the most useless owner's manual I've ever used. Hence why I use this forum's resources, even though there are a lot of differences, but still helps.