Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Owner From Sunny South Florida!!!

Evening guys,

Long story short, I recently found myself requiring a personal vehicle again. Ive been driving my patrol car for the better part of six months as my primary vehicle and well, its getting a little old. While its a GREAT perk, ive found that I need a vehicle to actually leave the county! Relying on my girl and my brother for rides is just not in the cards for me.

So, fast forward to car shopping in hyperdrive mode! I went from a Ram 1500 to a Camaro SS to a Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 to a...Ford Fiesta ST...Wait...what?

Yeah guys, i went through all of those cars and settled on the Fiesta. Why might you ask? What in the holy heck do i need to spend 35-40k on a vehicle for when i cant legally use 100% of those cars on the road? It seems like a waste. Plus, with the money left over i can go go buy an Aprilia RSV4 or something insane like that. :)

Anyway, i went into supersonic hyperdrive shopping mode and found a 2017 Fiesta ST in Orange Spice Metallic with the Recaro's, nav and basically every feature under the sun minus a sun roof. I walked out with the price of the car being 20,700 plus tax tag and title. Not bad if you ask me!

So, here i am ready to start actually modding the car. Its not my daily driver so the threat of having an unreliable car wont loom over me.

A brief history of my car purchases:

Acura RSX Manual
Acura RSX Auto
Mazda RX8 Auto
Mazda RX8 Manual
Mazda 3 Auto Hatchback
Mazda 3 Auto sedan
Mazdaspeed 3 Hatch Manual (duh)
Mini Copper S Manual
Crown Victoria Whale of a Police Cruiser. :p
Fiesta ST.

Interesting history right? I seem to have a bit of a Mazda Fetish and this is my first Ford product. The fiesta is the slowest car of the bunch but so far it feels the most precise. From the gearbox to the steering, this is a VERY impressive little car for 20k.

I cant wait to read what you guys have to offer on this site! Im looking forward to being a part of the community!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the Fiesta ST Family from a resident south Floridian.
Once the modding bug hits you, the Fiesta will not be the slowest on that list.

welcome! im in Miami....got pulled back into Fiesta ST ownership after letting go of my previous 2014 FIST.....glad to own one again.....check out the Florida ST/RS Facebook group...if you have FB....they have meet ups every couple of months.

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
Welcome to the Fiesta ST Family from a resident south Floridian.
Once the modding bug hits you, the Fiesta will not be the slowest on that list.
HA! Im not really hard up for speed with this thing but I would like to actually do some work to the car. I pussed out on my Mazdaspeed 3 after a rear motor mount and shifter bushings lol! :p

Let me know if you want to show off your car sometime man! Im down here in Delray.