Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new owner from the virginia beach area

hey everyone new guy and gal here. just picked up a 2014 fiesta yesterday and love it!! we're both coming from the mini cooper world. after countless problems with them and tons of money were hoping this will be a different story. traded in her 2004 MCS for this and im pretty jealous*wish we wouldve traded mine* my minis currently sitting as it decided to overheat and possibly blew a headgasket so before hers also took a dump at the same time we decided to go looking for cars. few cars we looked at: CRZ she loved the looks but not the power, dodge dart rallye turbo, s2000, golf r32, fiat abarth, mazdaspeed 6.

ended up being between the r32 and the st. it just made sense to go with a new car over the 75k mile r32(however i may have to trade mine in on one as i fell in love), lower interest rate, warranty, and suprisingly lower insurance cost cant beat that.

Here she is, just a stock st nothing special. only options are the sunroof and recaros.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #5
Welcome! It won't be long before you also want your own FiST.
i woke up early and took her out on some backroads before the lady woke up(she wasnt too happy about that). love the feel of the car and quite responsive!!! those recaro's though..<333. very cool car, and already has a solid selection of aftermarket stuff available, i asked her to trade my modded out mini for it. i got a big fat "NO" [:(!]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard!

SICKESSS-ST

i woke up early and took her out on some backroads before the lady woke up(she wasnt too happy about that). love the feel of the car and quite responsive!!! those recaro's though..<333. very cool car, and already has a solid selection of aftermarket stuff available, i asked her to trade my modded out mini for it. i got a big fat "NO" [:(!]

Hahaha, now you have to work your magic to convince her, just like they work their magic on us.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #9
Lol so the cars got 200 miles on it and is now back at ford after it decided to go possessed 3 times on us already. Hopefully this isn't a bad omen for things to come :/

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Lol so the cars got 200 miles on it and is now back at ford after it decided to go possessed 3 times on us already. Hopefully this isn't a bad omen for things to come :/
Define Possessed plz ?

Welcome Roosey! Time to push that MCS into your Ford dealer to get your own FiST! My son's friend had a MCS with all kinds of serious problems and finally sold it...got an A4 because she didn't know about the ST's.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #12
Define Possessed plz ?
well possessed is a strong word but lastnight headed into work the tach and speedometer did a quick sweep and died out while i was going 60+ on the highway. wasnt reading speed rpm, miles, pretty much the whole display went out and every light on the dash came on followed by a "Service Immediately faulty steering" on the touch display. didnt think anything of it car still drove normal but the display never went back to normal. got out of work started her up and everythings fine. the lady takes the car to class today and about 30 minutes in, around the same time i had issues, it does the same thing to her. again after she leaves school no issues. driving it home shes about four blocks from our house and at a stop light the whole car looses power and will not accelerate, however it did stay running. turned it off pushed it off the road and tried to restart it and it would start but no acceleration. about 20 minutes goes by and a cop pulls up etc,etc. she starts it again and fires right up and now it magically works fine again??? just took it in to the dealership and they said they'd look at it. since I'm 2 years away from 25, they gave us a terrible rental. a POS impala that looks like it's been through hell and back with bird shit and all. we were really looking forward to taking the st to cars and coffee this weekend, but on the bright side atleast we were given a car to use. [:(!] i may post this in the problems section as it will probably get more views and maybe more help on what to do in this situation.

OP
roosey
Thread Starter #13
Welcome Roosey! Time to push that MCS into your Ford dealer to get your own FiST! My son's friend had a MCS with all kinds of serious problems and finally sold it...got an A4 because she didn't know about the ST's.
ya i'd love my own FiST! hopefully we dont have anymore issues with it. I'm going to keep pressing the idea of her trading me for my mini haha