Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Tarox 6-Piston FiST Big Brake Kit option!! 300mm, may clear OEM wheels!

OP
S
Thread Starter #21
just received this kit for my 2016 FIST (I live in italy) and noticed that turning by hand the bolt that clamps the banjo, remains about 10mm (4/10") of free space, but the banjo is 8 mm thick (3/10") so it can't be tightened by hand.
the threaded hole is plugged, is it safe to force the bolt to tighten the banjo? the plug I see is the rear of the caliper?
thank you so much and please forgive my poor english...
Contacted Tarox to ask for you since this may come up for me too.

yes it is a new kit received yesterday directly from Tarox.
i sent a mail to their techical support and they simply answered to tighten the banjo bolt

OP
S
Thread Starter #26
The reply I got was:

The customer should speak to whoever he purchased the kit from. With the banjo and copper washers in place you should be able to nip everything together by hand.

Paul McGrath - Sales Manager

Tarox North America

Shepherdstown, WV 25443

T: 304-715-3322

www.tarox.us

OP
S
Thread Starter #27
i sent a mail to their techical support and they simply answered to tighten the banjo bolt
I would send the pictures to their tech support via email and ask for clarification for sure since you dont want to damage the kit. Someone else had this kit installed in this thread no problem it seems, can they chime in?

OP
S
Thread Starter #28
This may help too. Paul (NA Sales Mgr) provided this information to help with the install, including the torque specs:

When installing the brackets, the sides with the engraved part numbers always face towards the engine/middle of the car.

Re-use the factory rotor retaining screw, and torque as per stock recommendations.

Ensuring you have perfect mating surfaces, clean/brush the hub to remove rust and spurs.

Once you have them installed put two lug nuts on the rotors to hold them securely then pump the brakes and check the side to side clearances. They may not be centered after install, you have to use the little spacers to get the caliper to sit perfectly. Pump, check clearances, add spacers as needed, then finish when matched.

TAROX discs come ready to fit without any prep work, do not spray with brake cleaner or other solvents.

Avoid using copper grease when installing your new pads as it can corrode alloy components.

Before moving the car pump the brakes to reposition the pads and ensure even contact. This settles the pads and ensures even wear.

Prep info: http://blog.tarox.com/importance-cleanest-clean-hubs-matter/

222.jpg 111.jpg

I would send the pictures to their tech support via email and ask for clarification for sure since you dont want to damage the kit. Someone else had this kit installed in this thread no problem it seems, can they chime in?
this is exactly what I have done yesterday, and their answer is

1)la vite che ospiteraā€™ il banjo dovraā€™ essere serrata con una chiave assicurandosi che vada fino alla fine del filetto chiudendo bene tra le ranelle in rame .

that in english means:
the banjo bolt must be serrated with a wrench until the end of the thread tightening the banjo between the copper washers

but I also asked about the nature of the object I can see at the end of the threaded hole, without receiving an answer
the ā€œproblemā€ affects both calipers, they look the same

OP
S
Thread Starter #30
From google translate:

The screw that will host(receive) the banjo must be tightened with a wrench making sure that it goes to the end of the thread by closing well between the copper washers. Did you use copper washers to make up the gap? I'm assuming that's the issue that the banjo wont tighten all the way down and there is thread left so its not tight.

From google translate:

The screw that will host(receive) the banjo must be tightened with a wrench making sure that it goes to the end of the thread by closing well between the copper washers. Did you use copper washers to make up the gap? I'm assuming that's the issue that the banjo wont tighten all the way down and there is thread left so its not tight.
Yeah this is the only thing I can think of as well would be that the washers arent being used. I would have to take my lines off to see the inside of mine which would mean I would need to rebleed which I just dont have time to do right now.

when I tighten the banjo bolt by hand, between the banjo and the washers remains about 2 mm 82 threads more or less)
the real problem is the nature of the object that blocks the hole, may be the rear of the center piston?

OP
S
Thread Starter #33
when I tighten the banjo bolt by hand, between the banjo and the washers remains about 2 mm 82 threads more or less)
the real problem is the nature of the object that blocks the hole, may be the rear of the center piston?
I will have my kit on Monday and will install Tuesday. Will let you know what I find. For now, I would recommend adding further spacers if possible to back it out a bit and see how that works. Any other thoughts?

OP
S
Thread Starter #34
82 threads?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Getting more fond of these Tarox brakes as I'm researching more and more.

KKaWing

SVT Focus Front Rotor Dimensions: Diameter 11.81inches x Height 1.75 inches x Thickness 0.95 inches (Dia. 300 x height? 44.45 x thickness 24.13 mm)

Tarox specs: Disc Diameter

Disc Thickness

Minimum Disc Thickness

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/tarox-brake-kit-ford-fiesta-mk6-st180-sport-compact-kmfo1141/

Hmmmm...

Edit: The part number for the SVT Focus 300mm rotor from tarox is 0888

http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front-tarox-brake-discs-ford-focus-mk1-98-05-st-170-f2000/

even more hmmm....

sorry, my fault, i intendedto write 2 threads

Finally found a bit of time to dedicate, and solved my problem, as I suspected was the central piston to block the threaded banjo bolt hole , all due to my inexperience and excessive caution
thanks to all of you for the precious support, particulary for the istalling instructions, missing in the kit