Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Tarox 6-Piston FiST Big Brake Kit option!! 300mm, may clear OEM wheels!

OP
S
Thread Starter #41
sorry, my fault, i intendedto write 2 threads

Finally found a bit of time to dedicate, and solved my problem, as I suspected was the central piston to block the threaded banjo bolt hole , all due to my inexperience and excessive caution
thanks to all of you for the precious support, particulary for the istalling instructions, missing in the kit
Thanks for clarifying what it was. I am curious, why was the piston blocking the bolt and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your input.

C42FB0C2-E850-4F56-9AFB-CBC3CD6336F7.jpeg I suspected that it was the piston, so I tried to push it with a little allen key through the banjo bolt threaded hole, and the piston
went forward...
today have installed the big brake kit an all is gone well, but I discovered that the original wheels are not compatible, I think it needs at leasr a 5mm spacer, no problem instead using my new wheels, OZ formula 4 hlt (17” x 7,5 - et 40)

Butterybunz

Got my kit installed. I went with the Corsa pads, anyone else getting squeaking during light brake application? Hoping it goes away once they break in, if not I guess that's the price to pay for the "track & street" pads.

I have the same issue, now 2 months and about 3000 km but the squeal remains the same, they sent the corsa pads as default.
I can live with it, but am considering the possibility to swap the pads for the street version, hoping to solve this problem. I have just mailed tarox , asking if they know this will solve

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do any of the other performance aftermarket braking companies make various compound replacement pads for these calipers?

Butterybunz

I have the same issue, now 2 months and about 3000 km but the squeal remains the same, they sent the corsa pads as default.
I can live with it, but am considering the possibility to swap the pads for the street version, hoping to solve this problem. I have just mailed tarox , asking if they know this will solve
Thanks for chiming in, I'm sad to hear the squeak doesn't go away. It's not terrible but obviously don't want squeaky brakes. Let me know what they say!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks for chiming in, I'm sad to hear the squeak doesn't go away. It's not terrible but obviously don't want squeaky brakes. Let me know what they say!
I'll send a message to Paul @ Tarox USA as well
I only know of the Corsa (street/track) and Strada (street) pads but will ask if there are other options that fit the calipers as well....
sorry this is an issue

-Ron

slopoke

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
EBC has pads for both the 300mm and 325mm brake systems. B380-10 is the Yellow Stuff pads for the 300mm rotors. DP4413R is the Yellow Stuff pads for the 325mm rotors.
Interesting this part number is listed as a 02-08 Mercedes-Benz G500 5.0
I have access to these and they are in stock
approx $140 per set

OP
S
Thread Starter #54
I'll send a message to Paul @ Tarox USA as well
I only know of the Corsa (street/track) and Strada (street) pads but will ask if there are other options that fit the calipers as well....
sorry this is an issue

-Ron
Unfortunately, I also have the light braking squeal and I have the Strada pads, not the Corsa. It didnt show up until about 600-700 miles on the brakes and they were bedded explicitly according to Tarox instructions. Would love to hear what Paul says about it. 300mm two piece rotors, Strada pads.

Butterybunz

Unfortunately, I also have the light braking squeal and I have the Strada pads, not the Corsa. It didnt show up until about 600-700 miles on the brakes and they were bedded explicitly according to Tarox instructions. Would love to hear what Paul says about it. 300mm two piece rotors, Strada pads.
I'm sorry to see that. Did you do the 300 mile of regular driving break-in? That's what my instructions said. Shouldn't be squealing on Strada pads and 2-piece rotors.

OP
S
Thread Starter #56
I'm sorry to see that. Did you do the 300 mile of regular driving break-in? That's what my instructions said. Shouldn't be squealing on Strada pads and 2-piece rotors.
It didnt show up until about 600-700 miles on the brakes and they were bedded explicitly according to Tarox instructions. Would love to hear what Paul says about it. 300mm two piece rotors, Strada pads. :)

Butterybunz

It didnt show up until about 600-700 miles on the brakes and they were bedded explicitly according to Tarox instructions. Would love to hear what Paul says about it. 300mm two piece rotors, Strada pads. :)
I'm asking what your instructions said for the break in process, mine said 300 miles of regular driving.

OP
S
Thread Starter #58
Same, 300 miles no hard braking or overheating brakes.

Butterybunz

Hey guys. I just completed my first track day on these brakes. On my way home I noticed I'm getting pulsating vibrations from them whenever I use moderate braking now. Any ideas? I took them apart today and the pads/rotors look okay.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Hey guys. I just completed my first track day on these brakes. On my way home I noticed I'm getting pulsating vibrations from them whenever I use moderate braking now. Any ideas? I took them apart today and the pads/rotors look okay.
Your rotors are probably out of round. It doesn't always mean the rotor is warped, a lot of the time it is from pad material embedded in the rotor. Parallelism*refers to variations in thickness of the*rotor*. If the*rotor*is out of*parallel, it can cause excessive pedal travel,*front-end vibration, pedal pulsation, chatter, and on occasion, grabbing of the*brakes. It must be resurfaced or replaced.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk