Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New turbo-back exhaust!!!

The original post:

Has anyone seen this exhaust or know if anyone has this installed.... the price is unreal for a full turbo back exhaust and what looks to be a catted downpipe...
it almost seems too good to be true but for that price...man...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maximizer-T...ash=item3622edfcfe:g:DR4AAOSwOS1Z18Or&vxp=mtr
Buyer Beware!

Like Jeff mentioned, while it does say "Stainless Steel" in one place, look farther down and it lists:

High quality mild steel
Hard baked black powder heat treated coating

That would be considerably different from the item pictured.

The alternate item to the top left of it, does say "Stainless", but does not say what type. Like I've said before; it does matter.

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #44
The original post:

Buyer Beware!

Like Jeff mentioned, while it does say "Stainless Steel" in one place, look farther down and it lists:

High quality mild steel
Hard baked black powder heat treated coating

That would be considerably different from the item pictured.

The alternate item to the top left of it, does say "Stainless", but does not say what type. Like I've said before; it does matter.
I've looked everywhere on the link above that blue2turbo posted, and all I can see is Stainless Steel. No where do I see what you are describing. I'm certainty not saying you're wrong but I've read over it a few times and I saw stainless steel 5 times and tig-welded in the description. If I don't get picked to be the tester for the Thermal R&D exhaust, I think I might give it a try.

It appears to be the same supplier as the OBX fiesta kit but at a lower price. Id go for it. My tsudo (ebay) I love and havent had any problems (year plus). If a true lightweight or titanium exhaust comes out then ill buy a new one.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yes it does... And it is supposedly all stainless. That's a whole exhaust for about the same as a catted DP

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They have one SS system and one that is stainless steel "surface"....plated? Could be well made China stuff or junk. Time will tell. The SS is $401 + $100 shipping. Cheap enough.

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #48
UPDATE: I contacted the seller and confirmed that the exhaust is Stainless Steel (he also said it was mirror polished) and is 2.5" piping. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on this tonight. I live in Indy and this is coming from the West Coast and I'm having standard shipping so it probably won't arrive until late next week if I had to guess. I'll be sure to write a review and post a video for you guys.

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna run their downpipe or not because I'm currently running Whoosh's prototype true 3" "catted" dp (that doesn't have a cat), but who knows... if fitment is an issue, then I'll pop it on.

Will definitely be following along to see how this turns out. With the design being the way it is, I hope it fits and sounds like an fswerks or cobb.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna run their downpipe or not because I'm currently running Whoosh's prototype true 3" "catted" dp (that doesn't have a cat)
Do you state it like this because it appears to have a catcon in it from the outside (pipe swelled where cat would be)? [dunno]

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #53
Do you state it like this because it appears to have a catcon in it from the outside (pipe swelled where cat would be)? [dunno]
To clarify: the dp I'm running for Whoosh isn't catted (despite it looking like there is) and since it is a true 3" dp and from my understanding on this turbo-back system, that cat-looking thing, doesn't have a cat in it (possibly a resonator). Plus, its a pain in the ass to change the dp, if you don't have to. Alot of the reason I bought this is to answer all these questions, be the guinea pig, and take the gamble on this being a decent system for the budget-minded FiST owner.
In my experience with fast little turbo cars, there are certain things you pay good money for, and others you don't so much have to.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To clarify: the dp I'm running for Whoosh isn't catted (despite it looking like there is) and since it is a true 3" dp and from my understanding on this turbo-back system, that cat-looking thing, doesn't have a cat in it (possibly a resonator). Plus, its a pain in the ass to change the dp, if you don't have to.
OK, the bolded above answered my question. ;)

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #55
If you're not in for this review...you my friend are a cock womble!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'd have to agree. I was really hoping someone would have taken the dive before me lol but I'm certainly willing to do so. I think its worth it, especially if it turns out to be a good little system. I think sometimes, people are much to quick to write something off because it doesn't have a brand name stamped on it, when in all reality... its an exhaust we are talking about. Its not an Ebay Turbo (which is complex and must have extreme precision and extreme stress). I wouldn't have taken the plunge if I haven't been pleasantly surprised in the past three systems I've bought like this. Here's the great bit. If the muffler sucks....slap in a better one. If its too loud....I'll put in a vibrant ultra quiet res. @$350 shipped....I'll still be ahead.

Thanks everyone for the interest. I'm even more so now that I have skin in the game lol.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'd have to agree. I was really hoping someone would have taken the dive before me lol but I'm certainly willing to do so. I think its worth it, especially if it turns out to be a good little system. I think sometimes, people are much to quick to write something off because it doesn't have a brand name stamped on it, when in all reality... its an exhaust we are talking about. Its not an Ebay Turbo (which is complex and must have extreme precision and extreme stress). I wouldn't have taken the plunge if I haven't been pleasantly surprised in the past three systems I've bought like this. Here's the great bit. If the muffler sucks....slap in a better one. If its too loud....I'll put in a vibrant ultra quiet res. @$350 shipped....I'll still be ahead.

Thanks everyone for the interest. I'm even more so now that I have skin in the game lol.
Iā€™m only skeptical because Iā€™ve had two bad experiences buying cheap ebay exhausts, being the Guinea pig myself, and returned them both. But if youā€™ve had good experiences i donā€™t blame you for having faith in this part. Good luck, i hope it works out and look forward to your review, and appreciate you being the Guinea pig!!

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #57
Iā€™m only skeptical because Iā€™ve had two bad experiences buying cheap ebay exhausts, being the Guinea pig myself, and returned them both. But if youā€™ve had good experiences i donā€™t blame you for having faith in this part. Good luck, i hope it works out and look forward to your review, and appreciate you being the Guinea pig!!
I completely understand that...I would probably feel the same way if I was burned twice. Idk how I got so lucky on my three previous ones. To be completely honest, I'm pretty skeptical myself. I'm not sure what to expect but for all of our sake, I do hope its a good one.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I completely understand that...I would probably feel the same way if I was burned twice. Idk how I got so lucky on my three previous ones. To be completely honest, I'm pretty skeptical myself. I'm not sure what to expect but for all of our sake, I do hope its a good one.
If it doesn't sound good or is poor quality you might not be able to return it, but in my case with both my cheap Acura and Toyota exhaust, it didn't fit and touched the exhaust shields in multiple places, so I took pictures and they accepted the return. Sound is one issue but it's subjective to taste....what bothers me more is if it's poor quality and doesn't fit well.

Good luck! I anticipate your review!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
UPDATE: I contacted the seller and confirmed that the exhaust is Stainless Steel (he also said it was mirror polished) and is 2.5" piping. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on this tonight. I live in Indy and this is coming from the West Coast and I'm having standard shipping so it probably won't arrive until late next week if I had to guess. I'll be sure to write a review and post a video for you guys.

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna run their downpipe or not because I'm currently running Whoosh's prototype true 3" "catted" dp (that doesn't have a cat), but who knows... if fitment is an issue, then I'll pop it on.
Not only does the grade of stainless matter, (304 > 409), but also the thickness. I'm not too far from you however we're in a valley as opposed to flat land. (meaning - more road salt) Had bought what claimed to be just a, "stainless steel", flex pipe, and the crap looked older than my OEM pipe in matter of months, failed in roughly 18 months, memory serving. So I purchased 304 grade via Jegs and it was holding up nearing two years, but wasn't looking good and definitely wasn't going to come anywhere close to the OEM piping.

(BTW, the aluminized steel that the shop needlessly installed to replace the perfectly fine ~16 year old OEM stainless, lasted about eight months.)

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #60
Not only does the grade of stainless matter, (304 > 409), but also the thickness. I'm not too far from you however we're in a valley as opposed to flat land. (meaning - more road salt) Had bought what claimed to be just a, "stainless steel", flex pipe, and the crap looked older than my OEM pipe in matter of months, failed in roughly 18 months, memory serving. So I purchased 304 grade via Jegs and it was holding up nearing two years, but wasn't looking good and definitely wasn't going to come anywhere close to the OEM piping.

(BTW, the aluminized steel that the shop needlessly installed to replace the perfectly fine ~16 year old OEM stainless, lasted about eight months.)
I agree... Luckily (for now) I won't be running their dp so I won't have to worry too much. But i plan to make a good, honest video/pics and try to point out any flaws in manufacturing/assembly. I will also give updates on this thread as time goes on to see how it holds up. If it turns out that I just can't stand the sound or have to add a res (reluctantly), I will do so but I'm going to honestly try to give this exhaust a fair shake with plenty of skepticism, for as long as possible. I'll also get the opinion of a couple local ST guys here in town (sometimes video's don't quite do justice).

I also wanna clarify that, obviously this isn't the exhaust i really wanted. But.... I've taken the advice and pictures and DIY's and many other owners on here and this is one way I can give back (even if its in a very insignificant way).