Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Version of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Coming in OEM Size

Your opinion and that of a few other people on this thread have definitely confirmed to me that the P Zero Nero is not a tire that I want on my car, thanks for adding your experience.
They look good... Sit well on the car. I did one track day with them and they just never felt great. They seemed to rollover on the sidewall and would get very greasy. They also have a very line that formed in the tread. I'd blame the track because AMP is very hard on right fronts, but it formed on all four tires. I was just over driving the tire and wasn't even pushing that hard.

In fairness, the Bridgestones weren't very good on the track either. I had mileage left in them, but wanted something track specific.

I'm leaning towards 660s. But after this thread may go Dunlop's just to try them. I've had good luck with their tires.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thanks to all who replied with their input, now if you will...

Rate the following from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) on the following for Price, Road Noise, Tread life, and DD performance:

RT660
Indy 500
Dunlop Direzza Z3
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

Thanks!
Not trying to be rude but I really don't want to thread jack this individuals thread anymore than what we have already. Maybe start a new thread.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

Your opinion and that of a few other people on this thread have definitely confirmed to me that the P Zero Nero is not a tire that I want on my car, thanks for adding your experience.
If you want the crispness and responsiveness of the RE050 and plus a lot more, highly recommend you go for the the falken 660's. You will pay more when it comes to treadware but it's one of those things I'd say is worth it for a street car. makes it so more fun to drive.

I'm only reluctant to recommend 660 if you do more track days. In the long run will cost quite a bit but then again doesn't hurt to try a set anyways. also not sure if it's a tire that will get greasy with a hot track and/or extended runs.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Update, the new version of the OEM Potenza still does not have an ETA on Tire Rack, so I did a little digging around and the tires are shown as available on Discount Tire. I called and spoke to a helpful rep who said their system shows two versions of the tire. One is a W rated version, which the OEM tires were according to him, and he says those are discontinued. They also show a V rated version, which is shown as back ordered with no ETA, but he said he had no reason to think they wouldn't be available at some point.
I wonder if that is the same newer version that the Tire Rack rep referred to. He said the price of the V rated version would be $187, which is pricey but still a lot better than the roughly $225 that the Tire Rack guy said they would cost there.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
If you want the crispness and responsiveness of the RE050 and plus a lot more, highly recommend you go for the the falken 660's. You will pay more when it comes to treadware but it's one of those things I'd say is worth it for a street car. makes it so more fun to drive.

I'm only reluctant to recommend 660 if you do more track days. In the long run will cost quite a bit but then again doesn't hurt to try a set anyways. also not sure if it's a tire that will get greasy with a hot track and/or extended runs.
Thanks for the information and the recommendation. I thought about the Falken 660s, but my hesitation there is that I run my summer tires all year round. It doesn't snow much here and if it does I just stay off the road, but it does get somewhat cold. I was able to run the OEM Potenzas in temperatures below 45 or so with no issues, and just didn't push the car in those conditions. My fear is that the 660s would be undrivable in temperatures below about 45, and would be dangerous, since they are a more extreme summer tire.
I see that you are in Beverly Hills, so do you have any experience driving on the 660s in temperatures below 45?

Last edited:
^^^im by no means a tire pro by a longshot, but im kinda confused by your worries. I think you'll be completely fine unless the road was wet/icy.

i also think you need to start befriending a local tire shop. Nothing against tire rack/discount tire or the sort. Ive used them once or twice before. But its nice to get tires cheaper, mounted and balanced. Who knows, you might end up getting the tires that you REALLY wanted at first.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I can't tell you now but I will let you know in late fall how they do.

I am happy with them they are absolutely fantastic.

I should also add just for anyone reading discount tire does offer a 10% veteran discount. The 10% also applies to the mounting and balancing. Remember with discount tire you can get your tires balanced for free anytime you want after you pay for it the first time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikey456

Update, the new version of the OEM Potenza still does not have an ETA on Tire Rack, so I did a little digging around and the tires are shown as available on Discount Tire. I called and spoke to a helpful rep who said their system shows two versions of the tire. One is a W rated version, which the OEM tires were according to him, and he says those are discontinued. They also show a V rated version, which is shown as back ordered with no ETA, but he said he had no reason to think they wouldn't be available at some point.
I wonder if that is the same newer version that the Tire Rack rep referred to. He said the price of the V rated version would be $187, which is pricey but still a lot better than the roughly $225 that the Tire Rack guy said they would cost there.
I think I saw the same tire
IMG_5833.png
I don’t know why its considered a new version. Looks like the same specs as the OEM version.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

ronmcdon

hopefully the price difference wasn't because of inflation. I know its getting scary but maybe not this bad haha

I drove my 660s at an autocross with temps in the 40s, and they had very little grip. I think I would have been better off with all seasons.