Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New with 2019 in White Platinum

Hi all! Just picked this up yesterday. I've been out of the "fun car" game since I sold my FR-S in 2015, so it's been a blast already having something that corners well, and I absolutely love the way the car fits me. Shifter is in the right place, wheel in in the right place... It's great.

The car was sold as used but only has 6k on it and was never registered to a private owner. I think maybe it was in an area where small hatches don't sell super well and someone at a dealership tooled around in it a bit. It still had the tag on the driver's seat that tells you how to operate the adjustments.

I'm hoping to learn from all of you and do some small mods to improve reliability and endurance--brakes and cooling mostly at this point.

Is there a way to tell if my car came with the 180 or 194 thermostat?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I went by SubieNate on the 86 forums, in case anyone else is a convert. [emoji16]

Pics!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Look over your PAINT now with a fine tooth Comb now before its too late so if there is an issue ferd can address it for you under warranty!

Last edited:
OP
E
Thread Starter #10
Question for all of you, how much bypass/blowoff noise is normal? Coming from Subaru I'm not used to hearing any at all. This car's is quite noticable.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Question for all of you, how much bypass/blowoff noise is normal? Coming from Subaru I'm not used to hearing any at all. This car's is quite noticable.

Stock our cars are pretty quite in that department. I found mine only became noticeable after I put on a crossover pipe and intake tube with ST200 Air box and I changed out the stock J pipe for a Mountune one. Then I started hearing my diverter valve.

OP
E
Thread Starter #12
Hmmm... They told me it was totally stock per their techs but it's definitely a noticeable "PSShhh" when I shift or let off the gas. What would I be looking for to see if someone has mucked with things?

I could always take it by Ford and have them look it over.

OP
E
Thread Starter #14
I'll take a video tomorrow. Unless I rev the piss out of it it doesn't really do it much under no load though.

That sounds a bit "sharper" than what I'm hearing, especially the initial sound.

Fiestig

Sounds as normal as maybe an aftermarket panel filter would sound. Also, if you have the stock sound symposer on still it is also feeding sound into the cabin as well.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Had to stay up to swap the laundry. I rolled the windows down when I pulled the u-ey.
Hmm, I don't remember mine making anywhere near that much before I put the Borla on, but I AM deaf in my left ear. I do have a TASCAM DR-05 Portable Digital Recorder I could use to catch it and compare. Thanks for capturing yours.

OP
E
Thread Starter #20
I've got to go in and make a trip to the Ford dealer with a rep from the dealer I bought it from to get another set of keys programmed, so I'll ask if they can give it a once over while we're there.