Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nissan Sentra SR turbo

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Doesn't look like a serious threat.

That's cool though, I like that there will be more cars in the same class. I definitely hope it gets some aftermarket action...we could use a little competition [driving]

TempeST

^^I've never had a problem with any nissans I have owned nor have any of my friends. idk if you are talking about a specific Nissan or what. but my 280/300zxTT/350z(later I turbo'd)/ and both 370z's/ also a 97 4x4 Nissan pickup/04 Sentra SER Spec-v, never had a single problem out of any of them. I've had way more problems out of this car than all those combined.

and I will say, I am a die hard Nissan fan, and for good reason. I just couldn't handle the Juke's looks or really anything about it. so I landed here with my FiST.

TempeST

Wonder what it weighs. Today's Sentra and Civic aren't the small econo boxes they used to be.
The current gen Sentra SR weighs anywhere between 2650-2800, all according to the features and options.

I thought this would be a bit faster, it looks like Nissan made something that's almost up to par but not quite as good.
Is it an open e-diff?

Not impressed. I had a recent model Sentra as a rental for about 7,000 miles while one of my cars got hit. Hated it. I don't think the turbo motor would save that car from being dull.

Not to mention the curb weight of that thing...

I've never had a complaint regarding my wife's 2008 pathfinder, or her 2016 Rogue we purchased to replace it. Always thought that Nissan made quality vehicles, little pricey sometimes, but reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexdriver85

I had an 02 Sentra SE-R in Mystic Green, super rare color. Did a ton of suspension mods and a few bolts ons. I loved the car until I realized the OEM pre-cats eat themselves, eventually causing the cylinder walls to score up and create a massive oil consumption issue. It got so bad that I had to get rid of the car. It was a great car though, despite the major known flaw.

I don't think a turbo will make the sentra SR any more exciting to drive. We have one a sentra SV as a shop vehicle and it is as dull as plain popcorn.

Anything powered by the VQ series V6 becomes an oil burning nightmare past 100k miles

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I had an 02 Sentra SE-R in Mystic Green, super rare color. Did a ton of suspension mods and a few bolts ons. I loved the car until I realized the OEM pre-cats eat themselves, eventually causing the cylinder walls to score up and create a massive oil consumption issue. It got so bad that I had to get rid of the car. It was a great car though, despite the major known flaw.
I put a DC header on mine first thing.

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
So basically the Juke engine.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
^^I've never had a problem with any nissans I have owned nor have any of my friends. idk if you are talking about a specific Nissan or what. but my 280/300zxTT/350z(later I turbo'd)/ and both 370z's/ also a 97 4x4 Nissan pickup/04 Sentra SER Spec-v, never had a single problem out of any of them. I've had way more problems out of this car than all those combined.

and I will say, I am a die hard Nissan fan, and for good reason. I just couldn't handle the Juke's looks or really anything about it. so I landed here with my FiST.
Agreed.

I also had a 240sx and a g35 coupe. Never had any real problems with either of these vehicles. My 240sx had just under 300k miles when I rebuilt the stock engine. Running and sound amazing afterwards. Unfortunately I got in an accident (totally the other guys fault) or I'd probably be driving that car to this day. I had to get something else but it's still sitting in the driveway now. Was hoping to get a shell for the motor and tranny but the rolling shells for decent prices had gotten scarce so I looked for something else.

Got the g35 and same there. Unfortunately I needed a hatchback for music gigs and I was trying to downsize a bit. Started looking at juke but it's not really what I was looking for and the versa hatch was downright fugly. Would have sacrificed space for the honda CRZ if it were manual. Had an old CRX and though it was relatively slow I loved driving that car but I refuse to buy anything that's not a stick. Honda Fit also kinda fugly at the time (they have improved it a bit lately but it's too late now!). None of these compare to the FiST but Ford wasn't on the radar at the time.

Anyway though, to make a long story shorter...here I am with a FiST and no regrets! [emoji1]

While I am a Nissan fan and believe in their product, I will say that I don't buy sentras. Nissan has had a history in the past of lowering the "quality control" on the sentra model. Makes me wonder how reliable the versa really is, but time will tell. Glad they made the versa hatch ugly though because I would have probably bought it otherwise and truly missed out on the FiST.

Sent using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It's honestly too bad Nissans are junk, have seen people have nothing but problems with them.
Wow.....never had any problems other than a thermostat $5.00 in 260K miles and I know several other Sentra owners having no complaints. Previous Nissan went over 300K before selling it. Ran fine. Just checked 3rd party sites that show no unusual reliability problems with the Sentra 2007-2016. Were these street racers you are talking about with problems? My $5.00 in repairs for 8 years so far is pretty good to me......

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
05 Spec V 170,000 one cam position sensor.