Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opening up rear diffuser

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #81
After you hack off the tips on the Versus mail them to me and Ill glue em on and save myself 5 hundy

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have been driving around with my diffuser installed for about a week now.
I must agree with @D-resonant that the main thing I feel is less drag.
The car just seems to coast much easer.
This, to me means that overall I should get better gas mailage (not that I was worried about this before)

Where I don't agree is any clearance issue between the diffuser and the twist beam.
I took a very close up photo after the install of this space and as you can see, with the Ebach bar there is plenty of room.
I do not see why the Hotchkis bar should not fit.
From what I have seen in photos the Hotchkis bar sets in the exact same place.
The only difference is that the Hotchkis bar bends up in the center but up should be an issue.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #88
Nice job Dave. So that’s some good news about my Hotchkis fitting 👍

I have been driving around with my diffuser installed for about a week now.
I must agree with @D-resonant that the main thing I feel is less drag.
The car just seems to coast much easer.
This, to me means that overall I should get better gas mailage (not that I was worried about this before)

Where I don't agree is any clearance issue between the diffuser and the twist beam.
I took a very close up photo after the install of this space and as you can see, with the Ebach bar there is plenty of room.
I do not see why the Hotchkis bar should not fit.
From what I have seen in photos the Hotchkis bar sets in the exact same place.
The only difference is that the Hotchkis bar bends up in the center but up should be an issue.

IMG_0878a.JPG IMG_0880a.JPG
Hotchkis bar does not parallel the twist beam through its entire length. Center portion protrudes 1 7/8" behind twist beam. The Hotchkis did not fit with the Verus on my car.

Excellent closeup photo Dave. Definite differences between Eibach and Hotchkis.

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
View attachment 20541 View attachment 20542
Hotchkis bar does not parallel the twist beam through its entire length. Center portion protrudes 1 7/8" behind twist beam. The Hotchkis did not fit with the Verus on my car.

Excellent closeup photo Dave. Definite differences between Eibach and Hotchkis.
Thank you.
That is the first clear up close photo that I have seen of the Hotchkis bar installed from that angle.
I do see now that you are correct, it is unfortunate that the two cannot coexist.
The only option I see now is to sell your Hotchkis bar and use the Eibach.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #92
It's not going to, there's still going to be a huge low pressure area behind the car.
Yes that is why Doctor Dave took this idea and ran with it. I was just talking out loud with no idea what to do 🍻

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #94
shape the rear like a prius
I was going to put the rear diffuser in until someone said it wouldn’t fit with the Hotchkis rear sway bar and now because Dave had the wherewithal to endeavor in following through with this project hope is alive and well. I hear ya though 😄

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I was going to put the rear diffuser in until someone said it wouldn’t fit with the Hotchkis rear sway bar and now because Dave had the wherewithal to endeavor in following through with this project hope is alive and well. I hear ya though 😄
With the photos posted above, we now can see proof that the Hotchkis bar will NOT fit with the Verus diffuser.
If you wish to use both, sell the Hotchkis and buy an Eibach.
Your choice.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #96
Thank you.
That is the first clear up close photo that I have seen of the Hotchkis bar installed from that angle.
I do see now that you are correct, it is unfortunate that the two cannot coexist.
The only option I see now is to sell your Hotchkis bar and use the Eibach.
With the photos posted above, we now can see proof that the Hotchkis bar will NOT fit with the Verus diffuser.
If you wish to use both, sell the Hotchkis and buy an Eibach.
Your choice.
Ok too bad 😪

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'll add that I can definitely feel the car being more stable at high speeds after the Versus rear diffuser was installed - VERY happy with it. I drove down to pick it up and had a high speed encounter with a Mustang GT/CS and it wasn't fun at the top of 5th - too much movement at that speed that wasn't driver input. Tossed on the diffuser as the only modification and after some cruises I believe it's not just a placebo effect.

A quality modification if you're looking for true aerodynamic performance from your diffuser / rear end. None of this 3D printed wing crap.