Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

trouble with sunroof opening

hello,

just a few days ago my sunroof had been acting wierd. sometimes i'd try to slide it open, but it seemed it was getting 'stuck' on something and wouldn't open. i tried to push the slide button once more, but no luck. 3rd try, and it opened and slid back.

i got it looked at ford and they 'adjusted' the sunroof but still i need to push the button at least 2x for it to open. has anyone else experienced this? the sunroof should open with one press, correct?

I guess it's back to the ford dealer tomorrow... [xx(]

One press opens it most of the way (point of max opening with least wind noise), then 2d press the rest of the way.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
One press opens it most of the way (point of max opening with least wind noise), then 2d press the rest of the way.
thank you for the confirmation. yes, one push should open it almost all the way, and then a second push will open 100percent.

but my FIST wont open at all with one push, kind of dips down like it will open, gets stuck and goes back up. it may take 2,3x of pushing before it opens at all.

Mine does the same whenever it's cold outside (below about 50 degrees) works fine otherwise. Not sure how to fix it

After having sunroof issues on other vehicles, I ordered my FiST without, kind of glad I did. Sunroofs sound better than the reality. After my last VW had a habit of jamming open and multiple dealers could never seem to fix it permanently , I will never get another one in a vehicle

grnmachine02

How many miles are on the car? The grease they use on the sunroof from the factory can actually harden up after time. I have to do this constantly on my fiance's pile of crap Acura. It's good practice to lube up the sliders on sunroofs every now and again.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Mine does the same whenever it's cold outside (below about 50 degrees) works fine otherwise. Not sure how to fix it
thanks for the comment. i guess im glad im not the only one experiencing this issue. [bigcry]

ill take it back to ford and see what they have to say. maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
After having sunroof issues on other vehicles, I ordered my FiST without, kind of glad I did. Sunroofs sound better than the reality. After my last VW had a habit of jamming open and multiple dealers could never seem to fix it permanently , I will never get another one in a vehicle
yea.....i am kinda wishing it didnt have one now!

i got mine cert. pre owned and jumped on it because of the low miles and molten orange color. besides the moonroof its been great so far!

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
How many miles are on the car? The grease they use on the sunroof from the factory can actually harden up after time. I have to do this constantly on my fiance's pile of crap Acura. It's good practice to lube up the sliders on sunroofs every now and again.
thanks for the tip! its definitely good to keep it in mind.

i just had it looked at by ford and they 'adjusted' the moonroof, so I would like to think they'd lube it up too, but you never know.

cars only got 20k on it from 2014. it cracks open fine but needs a few presses to slide open. hopefully its not a huge issue.