Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint issues. Getting the run around.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So my car has paint flaws that were there the day I bought it which was 5 weeks ago. I brought them to the dealerships attention and they sent me to their body shop to be looked at. It has metal flakes all in the paint and the paint guy said that it's in the base coat and sanding would not remove them. The only way is a repaint. The dealer said it would be taken care of.
The dealer also said they would talk to ford about the problem 5 weeks ago. I've been back every week since and it's the same answer every time. They say they are waiting to hear back from Ford. I've already made my first payment and I'm starting to get a lil upset. I can understand a few weeks but 6? I think they are giving me the run around. I was planning on trading this car in for a new focus rs when they arrive but this experience isn't helping that decision. Anyone know the next step I should take? I just want answers. [:(!]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Maybe FordSupport will chime in if not you can call Ford Customer Service (800) 392-3673

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
God I hope so. I'm getting slightly upset at this whole situation.

If you financed with Ford, you may have the right to withhold payments if Ford is dragging their feet on warranty repairs. It may require writing a letter to Ford and giving them some warning.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
If you financed with Ford, you may have the right to withhold payments if Ford is dragging their feet on warranty repairs. It may require writing a letter to Ford and giving them some warning.
You have to be careful that though as they can demand full payment on the loan if you aren't making payments.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
She made contact with me and was supposed to call me back last wednesday. No luck. I called Friday and left a message so just waiting to hear from her.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Now Im gettiing pissed. When you say your going to call back someone, do it. Ive left two messages now.

Now Im gettiing pissed. When you say your going to call back someone, do it. Ive left two messages now.
I see your CSM has been working on this case and with your dealer. There's currently a follow-up set for the 11th.

Meagan

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
So im two months into this ordeal.

Update: Been trying to reach my regional service manager for the past 2 weeks. Left numerous messages to call me back and no return call. AHving enough i called directly to the customer service line and spoke with a rep. Supposedly the CSM's supervisor is going to call me tomorrow to seek a conclusion to this deal. Two months of the run a around is enough.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Compensation. Basically I know that resale wil be hurt if I were to paint it and hurt if I keep it unpainted. So I just bit the bullet. Got a couple set of tires when I need them and some compensation.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Compensation. Basically I know that resale wil be hurt if I were to paint it and hurt if I keep it unpainted. So I just bit the bullet. Got a couple set of tires when I need them and some compensation.
Great news, glad you're happy with the results.