Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking Trick

I just discovered something cool today. My driveway has a moderately steep incline, so I have to make sure the parking brake clicks five times (Yes, I also keep the car in gear too).

I'm petite, and I lack upper body strength, so making sure my Fiesta is secure is usually a hassle setting the parking brake really tight.

Today I learned something neat - if I press the brake pedal harder with my foot, then the parking brake becomes a lot easier to manipulate.

Now it takes a lot less effort to click the thing five times :)

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
That's because your foot is benefitting from the hydraulic pressure in the lines to depress the brake pads rather than cable actuated by pulling up the parking brake lever only.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Might result with reduced force (strain/wear) on certain e-brake components. Sounds like a good practice. I am however curious about whether or how this may impact any auto-adjustment mechanisms for the e-brake; if there is an auto-adjust mechanism.