Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pierce 2 point front brace VS 6 point?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I like the safety part you added. I want to improve the car to make safer before adding more HP, but as it seems there is so much info which make it hard to make a decision. For bracing would you say the 6pt is the best option over the mountune underbrace?
Sorry, I have never used the Mountune underbrace so I am unable to comment on this.

Dave

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think that Dave's comment re. safety was with respect to a roll cage. None of these braces will increase safety any appreciable amount.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's kind of my point - a stiffer chassis does not necessarily mean a safer chassis. One could even make the argument that more toe-in under braking is safer than not and that a chassis that transfers weight a tad bit slower is more predictable, hence safer. Stiffening the chassis and spring rates tend to make the car much less forgiving once you've found the limit.

Original J-Pat

That's kind of my point - a stiffer chassis does not necessarily mean a safer chassis. One could even make the argument that more toe-in under braking is safer than not and that a chassis that transfers weight a tad bit slower is more predictable, hence safer. Stiffening the chassis and spring rates tend to make the car much less forgiving once you've found the limit.
I can see where that makes sense, but I don't have the experience yet of stiffening up my chassis yet. It made me think about that as a outcome though. I didn't really think about that. I may work on my tires and brakes before I touch the suspension then.