Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Pierce Motorsports 6-Point Brace SOLD

Trader history for Dr Awkward (0)

New in box (never unwrapped) Pierce 6-point brace for $265 shipped.

I bent mine during an ill-advised off dirt road excursion (a simple dirt road turned into a full-on, high crowned, rock strewn horror show with no chance to turn around and too steep to reverse). In the end I decided that the bend arc wasn't causing noticeable trouble, the welds were fine, and it would be too much bother to uninstall the old and reinstall the new FIST parts 147.jpg FIST parts 149.jpg FIST parts 146.jpg FIST parts 148.jpg . These are good braces, but the install is kind of a pain. Totally doable, but no fun.

New in box (never unwrapped) Pierce 6-point brace for $265 shipped.

I bent mine during an ill-advised off dirt road excursion (a simple dirt road turned into a full-on, high crowned, rock strewn horror show with no chance to turn around and too steep to reverse). In the end I decided that the bend arc wasn't causing noticeable trouble, the welds were fine, and it would be too much bother to uninstall the old and reinstall the new View attachment 23653 View attachment 23654 View attachment 23655 View attachment 23656 . These are good braces, but the install is kind of a pain. Totally doable, but no fun.
Pm'd

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
GLWS. This is definitely a future upgrade for me.

I would like for someone to do a how to. Just because it seems everyone says the install of the 6-point brace is a pain in the ass.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Good luck with sale.

I did a review of this piece including install, just search my threads it’s there. Short version is get the car on four jack stands and everything unbolted and bolts up easy and can be threaded by hand to start. It’s all about the four jack stands, I was done in 45 minutes start to end with a help of a friend.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Whats funny is i just bent the crap out of mine too. Hitting a rock as well

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Good luck with sale.

I did a review of this piece including install, just search my threads it’s there. Short version is get the car on four jack stands and everything unbolted and bolts up easy and can be threaded by hand to start. It’s all about the four jack stands, I was done in 45 minutes start to end with a help of a friend.
Thanks Jeff. I was about to point people in your direction for reassurance. People: if you haven't checked out Jeff's YouTube channel, there's tons of useful info and insight there.

Also, my "pain" may be different to yours: I'm well past 60, and getting under the car is less amusing than in decades past (I soloed my install; take Jeff's example and get a friend involved. It'll be loads more fun.) I will say that the Fiesta brace installs were MUCH less bother than the underframe bracing I added to my old Z3 around the same time.

PunkST: When I bent mine. It sounded like the end of the world, but the damage wasn't so bad: I bent it a bit right in the middle, so it wound up in a nice symmetrical arc. After I got the new part, I did the geometry, and it turned out that the length had shortened by way less than 1/16". The car still drives excellently.