Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Chat Version 1.0

I had an issue on stock turbo with the car wanting to overheat on passes. It doesn't help the unbearable heat that we have here in Idaho at times though. I was on a e30 tune by Randy @ Mountune. The car did pretty good, but if I was putting too much load on the car going up a pass, my coolant temps would climb out of control. My charge temps always looked fine. Haven't had the issues on the GTX2867r though....

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #82
I had an issue on stock turbo with the car wanting to overheat on passes. It doesn't help the unbearable heat that we have here in Idaho at times though. I was on a e30 tune by Randy @ Mountune. The car did pretty good, but if I was putting too much load on the car going up a pass, my coolant temps would climb out of control. My charge temps always looked fine. Haven't had the issues on the GTX2867r though....
Interesting, what do you think helped fix your temps? Combo of a new turbo/tune?

Interesting, what do you think helped fix your temps? Combo of a new turbo/tune?
I believe its due to the turbo. Requires a lower boost level to maintain a speed going up the pass. With lower boost, and getting into it less, in theory taking load off the car. I also threw the huge DHM race intercooler onto it.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #84
My mud flaps came in today. Happy to finally have them in hand, but wont have time for an install until this weekend. Ready for this week to be over so I can these bad boys on.

Only got the drive home on the "muffler delete" makes i little bit more noise. Cant really hear much over my 2J intake anyway :) Need someone else to drive it so i can hear ot from the outside.

I have about 500 miles on my FiST at the moment. However, the scratch was present on the car when it had roughly 40 miles on it.
My mud flaps came in today. Happy to finally have them in hand, but wont have time for an install until this weekend. Ready for this week to be over so I can these bad boys on.
How did your dealer visit go, Strife? Look forward to seeing some pics of the new mud flaps once you get them installed.

Nick

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #88
How did your dealer visit go, Strife? Look forward to seeing some pics of the new mud flaps once you get them installed.

Nick
Hey, thanks for following up. They fixed the scratch, but the repair is a little underwhelming. I decided to buy some touch up paint and will redo the scratch fix on my own.

Hey, thanks for following up. They fixed the scratch, but the repair is a little underwhelming. I decided to buy some touch up paint and will redo the scratch fix on my own.
My pleasure; thanks for the update. I'm able to document feedback on the repair. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number.

Nick

Getting quiet in here. Less then a week from closing on my house, and only another month till i get my dream house. This waiting sucks.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #91
Just occupy yourself with something and the time will pass before you know it. Excited for you though. I was going to pick up some mods I want for very cheap, but this close to Christmas I feel bad spending the money. Trying to buy my wife a DSLR camera.

Look at refurbished cameras, saved a bunch of money and had zero issues. Ordered straight from Cannons homepage i believe.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #93
I'll have to look into it. The NEX has some Nikon and Cannon package deals at 399.00.

Took 68 days, but closed on the house tonight. Sign papers on the new place next week. My FiSt is already comfortably living in its new home. Current owner was understanding that i did not want it sitting outside for a couple weeks.

Jeeze, dead in here. Hooefully just another 2 weeks till i get in the new place. Took the FiSt out for a wash the other. Really miss driving my car. Got a whole 1857 miles now.