Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential baby brother?!

Hey everyone!

Located in NJ; I currently have a Focus RS and I’m waiting for my daily to die before finding a new one. I figured I’d hop onto the Fiesta forum to obtain any useful information as this car will definitely be in consideration. All I’ve been hearing is how fun the ST is so I’ve come to see for myself. I’ll just be lurking the forum to see what I can find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #5
Stop lurking and just get 1 so you can join erbody on here helping spend all your hard earned monies on mods. [welcome] [twothumb] [wrenchin]
The RS already has some mods. I’ve been trying to refrain from doing too much to that car so soon hahaha I just need my daily to blow up first, so I’ll continue to lurk [emoji51]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The RS already has some mods. I’ve been trying to refrain from doing too much to that car so soon hahaha I just need my daily to blow up first, so I’ll continue to lurk [emoji51]

This is a simply solve with the DD.....just go get some wd-40 and drain the oil and see how long it will run! It can be done...check it out! The night time is the right time! COME JOIN US!

View: https://youtu.be/moFzeZKEYSw

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #8
This is a simply solve with the DD.....just go get some wd-40 and drain the oil and see how long it will run! It can be done...check it out! The night time is the right time! COME JOIN US!

View: https://youtu.be/moFzeZKEYSw
Hahaha I don’t know if I want it gone that fast. The trans is pretty shot on the DD so pretty much just waiting for that to go. Could be tomorrow, could be 50k miles from now

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME!
What part of Joyzee?
Are you a NJ ST/RS club member, and if so were you at the meetup @ Driving Impressions (in Dover) about 2 years ago?

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #10
WELCOME!
What part of Joyzee?
Are you a NJ ST/RS club member, and if so were you at the meetup @ Driving Impressions (in Dover) about 2 years ago?
I’m in north jersey, like right on the border of NY state. Dover isn’t too far from me, about 40 min south. I didn’t have the RS 2 years ago as I got it in January 2018 so I wasn’t at that meet. And also, nope, I’m not a member. If you know, how do I become one?

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #11
I found a NJ ST/RS Facebook group if that’s what you were referring to?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I found a NJ ST/RS Facebook group if that’s what you were referring to?

Yes, that's the one, sort of based out of Smith Ford in Clinton/Washington Township on RT. 31.

You are not all that far from a Super Regional ARA rally, which will be held in the (tri-state) Narrowsburg, N.Y. area in late October. [driving]

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #13
Yes, that's the one, sort of based out of Smith Ford in Clinton/Washington Township on RT. 31.

You are not all that far from a Super Regional ARA rally, which will be held in the (tri-state) Narrowsburg, N.Y. area in late October. [driving]
I’ll have to look into it some more. I just googled Narrowsburg and that’s about 1hr 30min from me. All of those places are west of where I am. I’m closer to NYC than PA, but I’ll take a look, thanks!

Hi Clisica7,
I'm on the same path as you: bought an RS, then a FiST as a DD. It hasn't worked out that well for me because the FiST is so much fun!! Seriously, I love my RS, but for just a little more than 1/2 the money, the Fiesta is 90% of the fun. In fact, I couldn't leave mine alone- TD wheels, Bilstein coils, SCT tune, and most importantly the Quaife diff has made the car into a giant killer (well, bigger giants).
Undeniably, he RS is better in every way. It's faster, better handling, and just a nicer car. The FiST does get better fuel economy and has a nicer ride. From what I can tell you can pick up a used FiST for a song and then make it what you want. I doubt you'll regret it.

OP
clisica7
Thread Starter #17
Hi Clisica7,
I'm on the same path as you: bought an RS, then a FiST as a DD. It hasn't worked out that well for me because the FiST is so much fun!! Seriously, I love my RS, but for just a little more than 1/2 the money, the Fiesta is 90% of the fun. In fact, I couldn't leave mine alone- TD wheels, Bilstein coils, SCT tune, and most importantly the Quaife diff has made the car into a giant killer (well, bigger giants).
Undeniably, he RS is better in every way. It's faster, better handling, and just a nicer car. The FiST does get better fuel economy and has a nicer ride. From what I can tell you can pick up a used FiST for a song and then make it what you want. I doubt you'll regret it.
I’ve only ever heard great things about the fiesta and especially at its price point, it seems well worth it. I love the RS though and AWD is definitely a big help since I do get snow. I wanna drive it every day but I’m trying not to put miles on it. As a result of that, I hate driving my DD because it’s not even close to as fun as the RS. This is why I’ve been considering the fiesta.. better gas mileage plus I’ll have fun all the time, no matter if it’s the RS or the ST!