Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential new owner

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sorry to keep bumping my own thread, but I figure that's better than starting new threads each time.
Your thread. Do whatever you want.

Seems high but unfortunately new car prices are insane, which has driven up the price of used cars. The backup cam and heated mirrors are features I'd like to add to my vehicle LoL Don't be surprised if you find that the seller is a member here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Requesting a price check:

2016 FiST, 60k miles, zero mechanical mods other than rims (includes OEM rims as well). No recaros (not a huge deal in my book, didn't love the feel of them). Added seat warmers, weathertech mats, backup cam, etc. Nice accessories that I would've done anyway, but doesn't necessarily add value. Very very clean from the photos, and owner seems like a responsible dude.

Asking price is $15k, and this is by far the nicest example I've seen in my area. Seem reasonable? Prices here seem to be all over the place, ranging from $9k for a salvage title to $19k for a 2016 w/ 40k miles. The clapped out example I test drove was $14k.

Sorry to keep bumping my own thread, but I figure that's better than starting new threads each time.
Ok I am gonna come right out and say it. Photo’s are useless, there is so much that does not show up in Photo’s … dings, scratches etc… unless the person takes specific pics to point them out . Even dents can be lessened in a photo. I personally think 15k for 16 with 60k base model might be a bit high. Prices are high in general , I scored my backup car a 19 with 23k on it for a deal though it’s worth a lot more due to the year and mileage. There are deals but you are more likely ti find them on the forums or facebook. The regular craigslist stufff, autotrader, car gurus etc… is always going to be pricey.

OP
W
Thread Starter #23
Well, I guess I can remove the word "potential" from the thread title :)

Picked this car up today. Paid $14.5k which given the prices I'm seeing these days seems reasonable, though not a screaming deal. Unfortunately due to our situation I wasn't in a position to sit and scour the market for the best deal possible.

Overall very clean - 62k miles, 2 previous owners, no mechanical modifications to engine/drivetrain. The 2nd owner installed the Konig (Hypergram?) rims. There is some touch up paint on the bumpers from what look like very small parking lot scuffs, which the seller did disclose. Interior is spotless and unmodified, except for the seat warmers and backup cam/screen.

Issues I'd like to address:
  • replace rear brake pads
  • change transmission fluid (actually shifts OK as-is, and the factory manual states 150k miles as the service interval. I'll have to do more research about whether I want to replace the fluid now).
  • change oil/filter - previous owner states it is due for an oil change
  • Rust on rear hatch lip - just a tiny bit on the edge as predicted by many on this forum. Not sure how I'm going to approach this - I don't need it to look flawless, but I want to prevent the rust from spreading.
  • HVAC "Auto" setting - it worked fine during our test drive, but on the drive home the fan started blowing full blast when set to "Auto," even when the interior temp was set to a reasonable 78 degrees and the AC had been blowing for a while. I am still able to adjust the fan speed manually, but I'd really like to use the Auto setting. Guessing it's something to do with the temp sensor not reading correctly.
    PXL_20230721_184002516.jpg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Picked this car up today. Paid $14.5k which given the prices I'm seeing these days seems reasonable, though not a screaming deal. Unfortunately due to our situation I wasn't in a position to sit and scour the market for the best deal possible.

Overall very clean - 62k miles, 2 previous owners, no mechanical modifications to engine/drivetrain. The 2nd owner installed the Konig (Hypergram?) rims. There is some touch up paint on the bumpers from what look like very small parking lot scuffs, which the seller did disclose. Interior is spotless and unmodified, except for the seat warmers and backup cam/screen.

• change transmission fluid (actually shifts OK as-is, and the factory manual states 150k miles as the service interval. I'll have to do more research about whether I want to replace the fluid now).
  • Rust on rear hatch lip - just a tiny bit on the edge as predicted by many on this forum. Not sure how I'm going to approach this - I don't need it to look flawless, but I want to prevent the rust from spreading.
  • HVAC "Auto" setting - it worked fine during our test drive, but on the drive home the fan started blowing full blast when set to "Auto," even when the interior temp was set to a reasonable 78 degrees and the AC had been blowing for a while. I am still able to adjust the fan speed manually, but I'd really like to use the Auto setting. Guessing it's something to do with the temp sensor not reading correctly.
    View attachment 56957
I’d definitely go ahead and change the transmission fluid, sometimes they’re under filled from the factory. There’s some threads about it on here that are helpful.
Congrats on the new car!

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

View attachment 56957
That's my favorite FiST color, and it was only offered on the '16 models. You got a rare and very clean car. Congrats!

Put 2 liters of Ravenol in the tranny. Smooth as butter, and it's not overfilled.

OP
W
Thread Starter #28
Well, I tried to order some Ravenol MTF-2 from blauparts, but they flagged my account as "fraudulent" and attempting to be an un-authorized reseller, because I appended my email address with "+blauparts@gmail.com." I do this whenever I provide an email address to any online vendor so I can track who is sharing my email address without my consent, but never had this problem until now.

I then tried to place another order without the "+blauparts" suffix, but they cancelled my order again. I've now placed an order through Ravenol America Direct, but they have a note that says that they fulfill all orders through BlauParts. So fingers crossed that my order goes through this time, but I'm not holding my breath. I have yet to hear back from BlauParts customer service.

This is more just funny and a minor annoyance than anything, as I'm not in a huge rush to get the transmission fluid changed.