Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PPF Over Cracked Paint

So my new-to-me 2016 Fiesta is lowish mileage for the year, but still a bit rough. Especially since it seemed to be a city car from Philly. The paint is cracked and flaking off in a few spots on the front bumper as you can see.

My goal is to stop it from getting worse... so am I crazy for thinking about buying a roll of PPF and slapping it on there? I know if I ever have to take it off, all that paint is coming with it - and more probably. But it's already at the point of needing a respray anyway, so I figure it will be worth it to stop the damage at this point.

What am I missing - any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea?

tempImageCaDhNf.png

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Sounds good in theory if you don’t mind there being a big ass air bubble where it’s cracked because my guess is you won’t get perfect adherence there.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Sounds good in theory if you don’t mind there being a big ass air bubble where it’s cracked because my guess is you won’t get perfect adherence there.
Ah interesting... I'm hoping if the PPF will stick to clean paint, then hopefully it'll stick to clean plastic. Luckily it's not in a super visible location... is what I keep telling myself.