Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quest: driving lights hidden

I couldn't find any answers in specific terms. I am looking for some auxiliary lighting to fit behind the grill. I prefer more of a stealth look. My question is what will fit.

What is the baddest most over the top configuration that will fit? LED bar vs HID driving lights? What will fit?

LED BAR 20"? Driving lights 6" pair HID?
What puts out the most light straight ahead?
Any negatives?
Wired in conjunction with high beams?

Looking to illuminate some dark desolate highways.

Thanks!

Spaceman_Spiff

The only concerns I would think are (1) the heat that would be put off and would it affect the grill and (2) depending on how big the light(s) is will it block airflow and cause issues with cooling.
For (1), if you use LEDs, this isn't an issue.
For (2), we already have enough cooling issues, I would think blocking that with big lights (or even adding more heat) might exacerbate the issue.

I wouldn't think an LED lightbar would be a problem in either case. You could sand down the lower part of the top grill (where it's already filled in/blocked off) and use that area since it isn't letting air in there anyhow...