Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear suspension sitting a lot higher

So I've been stripping my car down to shed weight for driving events, and I noticed my rear suspension (both sides evenly) is sitting super high. Car is on stock springs, but has Bilstein B6 struts and shocks in the front and rear. I installed them Feb. 18 of this year. I've taken 255 lbs out of the car, about 150 lbs of which was from the rear, but it still seems like it's sitting way too high.

I've double checked all the suspension components back there. The springs are solidly in their slots. The car rides fine, but I plan on removing the bottom bolt for the strut to make sure it compresses without any issues. Anyone have any ideas for possible causes or solutions?

Mikey456

Wow that quite a weight loss 255 pounds. The car was designed to have 255 more pounds [emoji23] which is why it’s jacked up. The bilsteins are gas pressurized shocks and might also contribute to the increase in ride height too.The solution is lowering springs (like Swift) or if you want more adjustability coil overs.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #4
Wow that quite a weight loss 255 pounds. The car was designed to have 255 more pounds [emoji23] which is why it’s jacked up. The bilsteins are gas pressurized shocks and might also contribute to the increase in ride height too.The solution is lowering springs (like Swift) or if you want more adjustability coil overs.
I've got H&R Super Sports coming tomorrow. Maximum low to get it back to a normal height.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #7
OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #16
Mind including a shot from the front to the rear? It'd be interesting to see all the little grommets and junk back there. Perhaps another shot after stripping the roof.
Just some shots from the front seat looking back? I can do that. And I'll post more after removing the roof/sunroof.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #18
I'm probably happiest about being able to remove the arm rest while being able to keep Android Auto and the reverse lockout on the shifter.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Installed H&R Super Sports in the rear. Leaving the front stock. Car sits much more level now.
How much do the H&R Super Sports claim to lower a factory damper car?

I ask because I am one of the very few on here who could actually benefit from the B6es preventing the car from being as fully lowered as the spring manufacturer claims (i.e.; Swift Spec Rs supposed 1" drop), while still getting that higher spring rate.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #20
How much do the H&R Super Sports claim to lower a factory damper car?

I ask because I am one of the very few on here who could actually benefit from the B6es preventing the car from being as fully lowered as the spring manufacturer claims (i.e.; Swift Spec Rs supposed 1" drop), while still getting that higher spring rate.
On Whoosh's site the Super Sports claim 2" average drop, but doesn't give the F/R drop amounts individually. But yeah, B6s will definitely make your car a little taller, I don't have any pictures of the full interior rear suspension to compare to unfortunately.