Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Wing Risers

Hey guys/gals,

I bought my FiST used with some cheap wing risers that were poorly put on. I hate the way they look and I desperately want to remove them. I was curious if the process of putting them on would be the same as removing them, without the need of any extra hardware?

Has anybody been in this situation before? And if there is extra hardware, where did you get it?

Thanks for the help!

- DJ

PunkST

2000 Post Club
There 6 plastic clips youll need to get. And the smaller length screws ( idk if the screws that hold the risers to the wing will work) lemme grab the clip pn quick.

W716352-S300 is for the clips. The screws idk as of yet

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #3
There 6 plastic clips youll need to get. And the smaller length screws ( idk if the screws that hold the risers to the wing will work) lemme grab the clio pn quick.
Awesome thank you! You think any shorter screw from Lowe’s/Home Depot should be fine?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
They should be as long as they have a large enough head and you DONT over tighten them. Itll strip out the wing itself then youll have to get fatter screws or a whole new wing. Just be extra careful. Hopefully someone chimes in the right lengths.

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #5
They should be as long as they have a large enough head and you DONT over tighten them. Itll strip out the wing itself then youll have to get fatter screws or a whole new wing. Just be extra careful. Hopefully someone chimes in the right lengths.
Thank you so much for the help! I really do appreciate it!

Also really interested in this thread. Where do these clips fit on the wing. I also bought the car with wing risers. Not quite my taste so also looking to return to stock

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #11
Also really interested in this thread. Where do these clips fit on the wing. I also bought the car with wing risers. Not quite my taste so also looking to return to stock
I’m not too sure, I would assume they go where the screw would go?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
There are grooved slots separate from the screw holes. The clips slide into the wing. Pointy side out to fit the alignment holes in the hatch.

Hello and Happy New Year!

I have one concern only relative to a wing riser:

Does it affect the rear window washer's spray area and diminish the ability to clean the window. It would seem that if the angle of the wing is now altered then the capability of the washer spray is reduced.

Someone with experience please respond; this is a deal breaker for me relative to having a wing riser installed.

While I do understand that the under the wing air flow would now keep the window cleaner than before I am also concerned about the now exposed wire sheathing for the rear brake light on the wing and the exposed sheathing for the washer fluid.

Regards,

M A J P

M. A. J. Pellettier, OCT

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does it affect the rear window washer's spray area and diminish the ability to clean the window. It would seem that if the angle of the wing is now altered then the capability of the washer spray is reduced.
It mildly changes it, if at all. Water still gets sprayed onto the same general area and the wiper will move it around. I did not notice a change in mine when I had them on.

While I do understand that the under the wing air flow would now keep the window cleaner than before I am also concerned about the now exposed wire sheathing for the rear brake light on the wing and the exposed sheathing for the washer fluid.
What is your concern about them being exposed? they have grommets on the hatch side that prevent water from getting into the car. If water somehow manages to get into the holes in the backside of the wing then you have bigger issues (like the car is sunk in a lake)

Anyone ever get a lead on the size screws that are needed to bring the wing back to stock?

I've had wing risers on it for 2 years now and the far left screw is busted and I tried epoxy in it back in and it's not working, so I like to go back to stock too.