Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Resonator Delete - Drone or No Drone?

I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer. Just wanted to ask again since I have an appointment in a few days to put my stock exhaust back on. I am not considering any aftermarket cat-back exhaust at this time (will be selling my MBRP). Just want something a tad louder than stock and no drone.

For those who had their resonator deleted, does it drone at all? If it does, when does it drone? Thank you!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Resonator delete didn't drone from what I remember. I only drove like that for a few days before I had the muffler changed out anyways because a resonator delete was such a small change.

Definitely no drone. I have been driving with a resonator delete for years and from inside the car you probably will not even notice a difference.
I should also mention that I still have stock turbo and stock catalytic converter.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would definitely try the symposer delete if I deleted the resonator.
It's there because the stock exhaust is so quiet. It can cause odd frequencies with a louder pipe.
At least, that's what a lot of people report.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Symposer already deleted.

If there's really no sound difference in the cabin then I'm not even going to bother taking it out.

The Whoosh crossover pipe made more of a difference to the sound I could hear inside the car than the resonator delete. Gave me back some of that sound symposer noise without it being there, lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Whoosh crossover pipe made more of a difference to the sound I could hear inside the car than the resonator delete. Gave me back some of that sound symposer noise without it being there, lol.
I've got the delete and a full intake, too. Stock exhaust. I like the noises.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It drones a little bit on a long uphill at around 3000 rpm, other than that not a big deal. There's an overall increase in interior noise - not really the desirable ones, just a general... white noise. I can see it on instrumented testing and I can feel that it's there but it's not oppressive or intrusive.

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Stock is back on. Now I have the MBRP for sale. Anyone interested? I'm in northern California.