Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #385
Wow. I guess it's time you start looking for a tire sponsor.
I saw a movie once that had a cool line in it . "Build it and They will come.." lol you are correct in that it will now be tire limited..

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I know your all about data anything you call see? I want to make sure i share what i can.

Russ
Generally speaking, the data I usually look to see/compare is regarding OEM turbo applications simply because that's where the majority of members will be-big turbo builds are an entirely different class in and of themselves. I definitely appreciate the offer though and those are some seriously impressive charts. If I have any spontaneous questions I will definitely hit you up.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Generally speaking, the data I usually look to see/compare is regarding OEM turbo applications simply because that's where the majority of members will be-big turbo builds are an entirely different class in and of themselves. I definitely appreciate the offer though and those are some seriously impressive charts. If I have any spontaneous questions I will definitely hit you up.
Sounds good!!

Russ

Is this going to be a big potential power output difference between the EFR 6758 and the GTX kit? It seems like a fuel issue more so than turbo setup no?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Is this going to be a big potential power output difference between the EFR 6758 and the GTX kit? It seems like a fuel issue more so than turbo setup no?
We have not had the EFR 6758 on the dyno yet. But looking at the data it would have its limits compared to the Garrett. Biggest things with the GTX kit is the consistent boost control, the lower exhaust gas back pressure, and have logged a lower more consistent charge air temps. Im sure the EFR will support very similar numbers right now. But once we finish our Aux fuel system and limits are pushed even farther is when you will see the spread.

Russ

I see that you're revving to 7400ish. Do we know the Valvetrain's limits and I wouldn't imagine that's high enough to risk spinning a bearing right?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I see that you're revving to 7400ish. Do we know the Valvetrain's limits and I wouldn't imagine that's high enough to risk spinning a bearing right?
Ford have very low valve train weight due to its awesome design with cam and buckets. I do not see it being a issue. However due to the reduced counterweight crank shafts this is the highest I would rev and still call it "safe". We plan on taking our shop car to 8-8.5k rpm so I hope to find the limits

Russ

Ford have very low valve train weight due to its awesome design with cam and buckets. I do not see it being a issue. However due to the reduced counterweight crank shafts this is the highest I would rev and still call it "safe". We plan on taking our shop car to 8-8.5k rpm so I hope to find the limits

Russ
Awesome thanks! I'll most likely be ordering one of your kits at the end of the summer. I'm very impressed with your work!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
WOW!

----------------------

Looks like time for some 15x9 or 10" front wheels, I have the info on how to do that if you want some help I will be here for you:):)

15x9, 12.8lbs, roll formed, +35 offset, $129 each! (matching +35 offset 15x7 rears, less weight, etc, they make 15x8 but +25mm)
(There are some other wheels, requires smaller rotor, 15x8-9-10 available in proper offsets, 10's might not be easy up front.)

4x100 conversion, easy, cost effective
With Wilwood BBK
Change to 11.75" rotors (other wheels mentioned, 11.5" rotor should clear, I can look into it)
Change caliper mounts(custom CNC, I can get them made for either rotor size)

Even on the street you can setup a FWD car to work very well with wider front than rear tires and wheels, I am going to run wider fronts than rear tires on 15x9 all around for my track setup which will actually make the car faster as can use the power with 245 wide slicks much better than 225's and the rear does not need that much grip.

Rick