Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

AMAZING BUILD!!!! Liking the 2.0 version!

I was wondering what's the offset on the new Matte Black Wheels?

Got the Brakes bled and the CarboTech pads bedded and the new wheels and tires on but the weather has not given me time to clean it up and more rain on the way lol
So here are a few pics of the TD Pro Race 1.2 Matte Black 15x8 with BFG Rival-S 225/45/15 lots of grip an no rub at normal speeds so far..
Thanks PCA for the Wheels.. Here is blue by You 2.0...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #524
AMAZING BUILD!!!! Liking the 2.0 version!

I was wondering what's the offset on the new Matte Black Wheels?
ThankYou so Very much
The Matte Black are 35mm offset also like the anthracite wheels from PCA and Team Dynamics

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #526
Thanks for the reply. Think this is the set up i would like to run on my FiST.

Any rub with the BFG Rival-S?
No rubs as of yet. I will give it a close look now that I haf them on at my last event at the Milwaukee Mile HSAX.
Love these Tires .. They work very well in the hot and dry. I have not had them in the wet yet. But they work pretty good for me ..

Rodmoe,
Did you have any issues fitting the wheels? Rubbing? I'm asking cause I'm looking at a set of wheels that are 15x7 at a 30 offset and I plan to run 205/50's ZII Star Specs. I'm just having a hard time finding much information on offset other than the hysteria of running anything less than a 40 offset. Thank you.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #528
So it has been a while since I updated my Build thread . So after getting the car back from a winter at DHM 's shop it now has the Quick Spool kit and a Stratified AUX Fuel system. we were shooting for Straight up E85 fuel but ran out of low Press fuel pump after about E65 so we tried but stopped there and backed off to about E50 which should be about a 50/50 mix on a empty tank. Car has a super light stunningly quiet 2.5 inch all aluminum from the downpipe back twin resonator pipe all the back. Still deciding if I like the one pipe outlet but so far so good.. Then xame the off the wall idea of changing out the LSD from a ATB to a ramp/clutched LSD From 3J Drivetrain Sold in NA by Team Blitz.. So far so good gathering parts for the swap and scored a deal on a used B6 transaxle so I can just swap the grearbox makes for a quicker swap Got the LSD parts and Trans are inbound to my address. Should be a fun time testing a clutched ramped LSD that locks and unlocks per the ramp chosen and in this case we are trying a 70 (quick lock up) 40/90 fast lock forward and no lock in rev. are what the numbers mean as far as I can tell. enough talkin here are a few pics till i get back into the meat of the install :p

Attachments

antarctica24

Very nice indeed sir. That Eth gauge is hot and the LSD looks like jewelry. I know this your hot rod, but how does the exhaust sound at 3K under load inside the car? So if you were doing 80mpg and gunned it, how much louder does it get and how does it sound outside both when just riding around and when under load.

One other question, so our cars say E15 is the maximum. How are we getting away with running E30?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Very nice indeed sir. That Eth gauge is hot and the LSD looks like jewelry. I know this your hot rod, but how does the exhaust sound at 3K under load inside the car? So if you were doing 80mpg and gunned it, how much louder does it get and how does it sound outside both when just riding around and when under load.

One other question, so our cars say E15 is the maximum. How are we getting away with running E30?
Keep in mind he has a 2867R turbo that doesn't really build full boost until 4500 or so.

Ethanol: E15 is the limit with the stock programming. With custom tunes you have full access to target stoich ratio, mixture under load, etc... which makes it run well up until the e40 point. At that point, the stock HPFP and LPFP can't flow enough to keep the car fueled properly.

In my experience on a stock turbo and stock fueling, e30 is about the limit without going crazy with timing beyond MBT levels. Not recommended. e20 seems to be the sweet spot in my testing.

antarctica24

Keep in mind he has a 2867R turbo that doesn't really build full boost until 4500 or so.

Ethanol: E15 is the limit with the stock programming. With custom tunes you have full access to target stoich ratio, mixture under load, etc... which makes it run well up until the e40 point. At that point, the stock HPFP and LPFP can't flow enough to keep the car fueled properly.

In my experience on a stock turbo and stock fueling, e30 is about the limit without going crazy with timing beyond MBT levels. Not recommended. e20 seems to be the sweet spot in my testing.
Thank you for the response. Are there any concerns about corrosion from the ethanol. I thought that is why there was a limit to E15, but what you say makes much more sense. Do you think our engine parts are protected enough from any kind of corrosion the ethanol would or could cause?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thank you for the response. Are there any concerns about corrosion from the ethanol. I thought that is why there was a limit to E15, but what you say makes much more sense. Do you think our engine parts are protected enough from any kind of corrosion the ethanol would or could cause?
I don't know if anyone knows for sure outside of Ford's development team. I also don't know of any tests.

I'm thinking that at e30 and below you should be fine...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #534

I am running the Stratified Aux fuel on the DHM Quick spool kits so no big turbo and the Exhaust is more than surprisingly QUIET to the point it is almost stock like in this application so far.. We ran out of LPFP around E65 if i recall so no E85 for me till a work around is found I wanted it just for ease of filling the car and not mixing it. But there is really no big gains after E50 I think so this was a conviniance thing for me and to help find the limit of our cars .

antarctica24

I am running the Stratified Aux fuel on the DHM Quick spool kits so no big turbo and the Exhaust is more than surprisingly QUIET to the point it is almost stock like in this application so far.. We ran out of LPFP around E65 if i recall so no E85 for me till a work around is found I wanted it just for ease of filling the car and not mixing it. But there is really no big gains after E50 I think so this was a conviniance thing for me and to help find the limit of our cars .
It is so great to have people like yourself that push the car to its limits and Beyond so we can figure out where we can go. I will give you a couple of weeks and hit you back on your thoughts on the exhaust. I spoke with Russ the other day and he was telling me about the exhaust so I'm excited to see it was you, I trust what you have to say.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #536
It is so great to have people like yourself that push the car to its limits and Beyond so we can figure out where we can go. I will give you a couple of weeks and hit you back on your thoughts on the exhaust. I spoke with Russ the other day and he was telling me about the exhaust so I'm excited to see it was you, I trust what you have to say.
Though I do not do the work i only allow Russ and others to use my car as a platform to find these limits and push beyond. They do the real work I just enjoy the product.. If I forget to post up about the exhaust just ask and i'll provide feedback :) at 20lbs plus lighter and no drone like my old exhaust i can not here my engine wailing away ... Will need a adjustment period though.. :)

I been running the 3J LSD for about 15k miles, very happy with it. Just so your prepared, the diff did not fit in my trans case, so i had to grind inside of case a little.

I have no prior experience with LSDs, it makes some clunk noises when turning left at low speed.

The most difference i notice with this LSD is when accelerating out of corners. It pulls into the corner.

Using motul gear 300 LS, Im planning to change it every 15k or so, the first change after run-in should be much earlier I read.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #538
I been running the 3J LSD for about 15k miles, very happy with it. Just so your prepared, the diff did not fit in my trans case, so i had to grind inside of case a little.

I have no prior experience with LSDs, it makes some clunk noises when turning left at low speed.

The most difference i notice with this LSD is when accelerating out of corners. It pulls into the corner.

Using motul gear 300 LS, Im planning to change it every 15k or so, the first change after run-in should be much earlier I read.
Well this is good to know about the fitment. Thanks. I am going to start with Miller Oil for now and see how it goes with noise I did suspect the clutched unit might make different noise than the Quaife lil clicking sounds at rollup to a stop.. Good Stuff to know..

antarctica24

I'm curious, was there something wrong with your factory diff? Could it not hold the power you were making or did you just decide to replace it? I know it's not what you have but the clunking and sounds sounds more like a Detroit locker than a limited slip.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #540
I'm curious, was there something wrong with your factory diff? Could it not hold the power you were making or did you just decide to replace it? I know it's not what you have but the clunking and sounds sounds more like a Detroit locker than a limited slip.
Nope nothing wrong with the factory or the Quaife i installed I just wanted to try a clutched LSD for personal reasons ;)