Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sakel's clean build 2017 magnetic

Picked up my fiesta as my first new car and because it had so many of the things of the things I wanted. Enjoyed it for a blissful 10 days...... then broke my left leg. So I have been impatiently staring at my car and doing small things. I do not have many plans for the car, just a clean different dd. So far I have added a cpe rmm and rallyarmor splash gaurds. I also added a focus carbon st shift knob.

dmb

legs heal bro. if you can just get a 10 yr old auto for a few months sell it when you can, and you won't take a hit on your new FiST. you might use the auto as a tax write off.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #3
20180321_185809.jpg 20180321_185841.jpg
Lucky, I am only a few weeks from driving my car. Its been a long 3 months though. I really like the way magnetic makes the red of the bakes pop. It's an understated color, but cleaned up with the right accents it is really nice. A big part of me choosing the fiesta, aside from the universal praise, is that it is so well equipped compared to the focus. I would have had to spend nearly 30k on a st2 to match the equipment level of a base FiST.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #5
Quick update, went back to the doctor and was able to walk for the first time in 92 days. Am 1 week out from FiST action[readthis]. In the meantime I have been doing a few mods, I installed the ambient lighting upgrade and have a turbosmart BOV on the way.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #6
20180521_153333.jpg
Installed Accessport and threw in a k&n filter. The car seems to spool quicker BUT there is no traction anywhere in the first 2 gears. Also, my mileage went from 34 mpg to 25. Turbo cars are fun.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #7
Wow this died out. Sold the accessport but kept the car, added a set of wing risers and new shoes. 215/40 17 Federal 595 RS-R tires, they stick much better than stock. it may be time to execute the next stage...... Who knows, could a whoosh hotside pipe, intercooler and catless dp be in my future? Seems like an oddly specific list if it's not~

dmb

If your on the stock tune, just enjoy it the way it is. you could do some suspension up grades and enjoy the turns. by the way nice place.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #9
I'll be adding a stratified tune with another accesport. Chassis bracing isn't out of the question, but the driveablity of a lowered car doesn't sound fun

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #10
A few more fun things lately. A new rear brake setup, focus svt rotors and hangers. Also picked up another accessport, and had my boyfriend print me up a rather nice mount for it. (I can't be bothered to resize every photo I take, so no pics for now)

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #12
Back from the dead! A few minor updates in store. Got a good deal on a used cobb intake, and paired with a whoosh intake fix have made all kind of fruity sounds IMG_20191027_234642_725.jpg
(See if you can spot the mistake here)
Also bit the bullet and bought something that's nearly vaporware, the rally innovations foglight kit. I've seen them talked about but no one seems to have them, so I had to change that. Went with amber lenses in a wide cornering pattern, plug and play and look fantastic IMG_20191027_234645_639.jpg IMG_20191027_234644_113.jpg IMG_20191027_234641_356.jpg
A few big plans in store in the next month, starting with my first autocross in two weeks and ending with much more horsepower. Stay tuned!

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #14
Need a lower intercooler grille to protect that shiny new piece! Looking great!
It's not just removed, I've 3D printed filler bars for it. Look great! I've also printed an accessport pillar mount, and tomorrow am printing an adapter to move my BOV to the symposer location. Certain future plans make relocating prudent...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Customcargrills makes lower replacements now Vs the stock unit that couldn't stop a Boulder from hitting the intercooler.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #16
those don't look terrible, but I like the clean look I have now IMG_20191028_002617_761.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #17
A few small changes, I had a spare airbox so I cut the bottom out. A few more fruity sounds, and less restriction IMG_20191103_155647_818.jpg IMG_20191103_155644_001.jpg
Also preparing for a big turbo, the Mountune MRX setup requires a BOV in the symposer location. Instead of buying a new one, I 3D printed an adapter out of stainless steel. (Pictured is the factory diverter valve for a mockup) IMG_20191103_160103_391.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #18
Also installed a whoosh lower traction bar, it scrapes on everything but reduced torque steer a good bit