Signed up for a rallycross

Member ID
Well I am going to beat my FiST into submission. I registered for my first rallycross coming up in February. Any tips or pointers? I am definitely installing some mudflaps before then.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Are you getting some 16" wheels with beefy tires?

OP
mscuil
Member ID
Thread Starter #3
Winter tires are allowed, so I was going to run on my blizzaks for the first time, just to see how much I like it, before committing to another set specific for rallycross. Think that will suffice for a fun run in the meantime?

OP
mscuil
Member ID
Thread Starter #5
So I may have forgotten that my girlfriend and I are taking a road trip to North Carolina on the day of the race, so I cancelled my registration. She looked so disappointed when I was thrilled and exclaimed that I signed up for my first race. Ooops. [nono] Anyways, I did go to a local rally shop today and ordered my first helmet, a Bell M4. I picked the owner's brain for some time, and soon should be getting a skid plate fabricated or bought, along with mudflaps. That should keep the car in ok shape for a little while at least. [^]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
So I may have forgotten that my girlfriend and I are taking a road trip to North Carolina on the day of the race, so I cancelled my registration. She looked so disappointed when I was thrilled and exclaimed that I signed up for my first race. Ooops. [nono] Anyways, I did go to a local rally shop today and ordered my first helmet, a Bell M4. I picked the owner's brain for some time, and soon should be getting a skid plate fabricated or bought, along with mudflaps. That should keep the car in ok shape for a little while at least. [^]
They'll be plenty of other races, pleasing the girlfriend/wife is always first priority.[readthis]

Member ID
Darn I was so curious to see how it turned out and to read about your experience.

OP
mscuil
Member ID
Thread Starter #9
Darn I was so curious to see how it turned out and to read about your experience.
Don't you worry, just wait a month and I'll get some photos and have a story to tell (hopefully a good one...)