Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SITH Racing - Developing Upper Motor and Transmission Mount Set for FiST

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I always ran all three VF Engineering mounts back in my VW days. Was hoping someone would step up! I've delayed an RMM purchase as running just an RMM theoretically places more stress on the other two uppers. Very interested!

May I suggest you offer at the very minimum two levels of stiffness. We're not all track junkies here. ;)
I am a junkie. But I'd love a 3 way combo of cobb-like stiffness mounts instead of 2 luci-goosie mounts and one solid mount.

That passenger side mount ended up costing me a lot of money when it broke ( like in the $400 range by the time it was all done ).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The more I think about it the more I am interested in these, even the drivers side I already rebuilt into a lower weight already might just get replaced with one of these as long as not to heavy:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
What is the harndess of the urethane you are using for the bushings?

Will you offer more than one level, harder for race cars, softer for street cars?

Asking because I have poured my own mounts out of 90 and then had to make some out of 70 as really hard resin can be pretty brutal to live with on a street car but perfect for a pure race car.

Anybody that has worked with this stuff knows it is quite stinky when curing, can be speeded up in an oven but then, whoa, nasty sheat!

Picks look great, likely will buy both sides.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I also want to know if they are aluminum or steel or both, the top could be aluminum, the rest steel from what I can see in the pictures that would seem the case due to the welding.

I hope lighter or not much heavier than the stock mounts as my car still needs more weight out of the front, just spent the money on a CF hood for that reason.

Rick

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Put me down for a set in Blue Please I should get these by the time my car comes back from DHM Skunkworks ;) Sometime after April Fools But i will be needing a solid set of mounts when the E85 Cornfed Cone Crusher is loosed on the frozen Tundra...

Attachments

What is the harndess of the urethane you are using for the bushings?

Will you offer more than one level, harder for race cars, softer for street cars?
TTR will be using a 75 durameter bushing. Reason being is anything more, will cause way to many vibrations. Anything less will cause deformation of the bushing, and will also cause to much movement. 75 durameter is a good balance. Only 1 durameter for the above reason. After playing with many variations of durameter between 70 and 88 on the FoST with varying manufacturers, the 75 bushing is the perfect balance for these cars between race and street.

I also want to know if they are aluminum or steel or both, the top could be aluminum, the rest steel from what I can see in the pictures that would seem the case due to the welding.

I hope lighter or not much heavier than the stock mounts as my car still needs more weight out of the front, just spent the money on a CF hood for that reason.
The upper support in which connects to the engine is aircraft grade billet aluminum, CNC machined. The base which connects to the frame is 3/16ā€ thick steel, precision laser cut. Both mounts are only about Ā½ lb heavier vs stock. We need to add a bit of weight to make them stronger than stock, as they will need to take a bit more stress from being more firm.

Hope this answers your questions!

You need a beta tester.

I can guarantee that I will stress the hell out of it once my big package of parts from DHM arrives.

I am also shopping for a flex fuel sensor setup and Jerry cans so I can stock up and mix at home.

After replacing the uppers on my '14 FoST I am never doing that again. Nothing like feeling and hearing every movement of the accessory belt tensioners, being able to tell rpm by but braille, and generally making the car unpleasant as hell in normal use.

I consider these a full race product, applicable to big turbo track nuts. Us daily drivers would hate it over time.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
After replacing the uppers on my '14 FoST I am never doing that again. Nothing like feeling and hearing every movement of the accessory belt tensioners, being able to tell rpm by but braille, and generally making the car unpleasant as hell in normal use.

I consider these a full race product, applicable to big turbo track nuts. Us daily drivers would hate it over time.
Sounds exactly what im looking for like when i replaced the mounts in my 2011 GT Mustang it made it "Feel" like a muscle car not a Lincoln Town Car. For some it will be too much but for others it will def fill a void. Nothing wrong with either point of view it is good to have Options ;)

I daily the FoST 160 miles round trip with full "race car" attitude. Since I also weekend race it the motor mounts are perfect. These TTR mounts are exactly what we run in the fost. Yes, if you want an OEM ride feel you will not get it with aftermarket anything. However, these mounts make a huge difference in vehicle response, TQ to ground and stability. As a bonus due to the limited engine movement there is nearly zero chance of breaking anything as a result of excessive engine pitch. Not for everyone but for anyone looking to get more out of the car for track days or anything beyond simple communing, these are a must.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I drove a fully gutted, no heat, never had A/C, 510 for nearly 10 years, I was much younger then, Eastern WA State, plenty of cold and heat....I can handle a bit of noise and vibration in the FiST:)