Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SITH Racing - Developing Upper Motor and Transmission Mount Set for FiST

meFiSTo

Ordered! One thing I did notice is that the checkout says "Free shipping on all TTR motor mounts," but then your tool charges $16.75 or something for "Home shipment." It's not a big deal, but just something that seemed odd during checkout.

Mine: Polished with the red bushings. Woohhoo.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Cyborg turbo, TBE, panda TR6 intercooler, drop in green filter.
245whp 293Tq V-dyno
13.3@104mph

Waiting on reviews. Be willing to go bavk to stock rmm if the results are better than the bombas rmm.which is amazing.......

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Waiting on reviews. Be willing to go bavk to stock rmm if the results are better than the bombas rmm.which is amazing.......
300 mile round trip to AutoX today and LOVED every minute No engine noise at ALL on launch and the drive home was smoother than the drive there so they must be breaking in or relaxing a smidge but wow do they hold the motor GREAT !! You can still feel the engine a little in the steering wheel at cruising speed which today was 2800-3200 depending on the flow of traffic 65-75 mph ish. And at the event I could light up the tires on launch at will without worry of any ugly bang or such nonsense I think it held the car better on the transitions at the track too .. In Short I like these..

Rhinopolis

I installed mine today, and after one small hiccup that wasn't the fault of the new motor mounts (passenger mount chassis bolt hole got cross threaded and gave me some grief), I have put about 40 miles on the new mounts and these are my initial impressions.

* I have the Cobb RMM which has been on since the car was under 200 miles new, and the car had 4554 miles on the odo when I took it out to test these mounts today.

1. These mounts most definitely look and feel more solid and of a much better quality than the stock ones.

2. Install is a relative breeze, and can be done in under two hours with the right tools and basic know how. Instructions sent with the mounts leave nothing to the imagination, and the most challenging part for me was dealing with a poorly drilled out frame bolt hole on the passenger side. I worked through it, but it added an extra 30-45 minutes.Thread ease, patience, repeated cleaning, and a gentle but consistent pressure applied to the bolt is what finally got it to take.

3. Initial startup, SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE,........lol. These things are stiff, and as with other stiff motor mounts that I have had on other cars in the past, the initial cold start is always the most surprising. You will feel it in the seat, in the steering wheel, in the gear shift, and really all around the car. You will also hear it, but race car.... It lessens after the car warms up, but you are always aware that the extra noise and vibration are there. I'll give it a couple hundred miles and see how things settle, but the real benefit comes next and to me is worth the extra vibration and noise.

4. The car feels more planted, and shifting gears (especially the 1-2 upshift and 2-3 upshift) are noticeably improved. It was a little vague at times IMO from the factory in the lower gears, but now it feels like a bolt action rifle firing off rounds. I absolutely dig it.......

5. Taking off under hard acceleration is drama free, and shifting in regards to all its aspects (up shifting and rev matched diwnshifts) is improved. If your goal is to enhance the feel of the drive and if you are willing to accept some sacrifice with regards to noise and vibration, go ahead and get you some of these.

Rhinopolis

I never thought that the FiST had a big torque steer problem to begin with, but I plan on running E35 starting this coming weekend, and with that extra torque released I am sure these mounts will help to tame the power pull!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Try 300 WHP, higher RPM hard hitting torque curve, wide sticky tires, LSD, have to pay attention and make corrections or you could be in trouble, it can get that bad but is kind of fun:)

Rhinopolis

Yeah, you're definitely on a different FiST playing field! Sounds fun though, and I'm hoping that the ethanol tune and extra boost/timing will push me to a level where I'll be happy for a spell w/out upgrading the turbo......... thumbsup

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Try 300 WHP, higher RPM hard hitting torque curve, wide sticky tires, LSD, have to pay attention and make corrections or you could be in trouble, it can get that bad but is kind of fun:)
^^^^ What RAAM said, the torque steer can be a real problem. I would be interested if these mounts reduce it or not.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just did my own version and will report in it in a few days when the car is finally running again, I sure hope it helps as sorely needed!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I posted pics of how insanely flexible the passenger side mount is stock on another thread, no wonder it breaks bolts, drivers side is not as bad but still moves quite a bit.

Rhinopolis

As an update and after 100 miles on the new mounts, I would like to say that they work WELL! I put these more stout mounts on for a reason, and those reasons have all already been highlighted and are positives.

I would like to highlight the noise and vibration, and not to knock the product but just to make everyone aware so that no one purchases and then regrets. I uploaded an E30 tune file last night after mixing e85 and 93 octane and went for a drive to let the tune settle and then datalog for my revision.

After having some excellent logged runs, I decided to get on the highway and roll the windows up (which had been down both drives since installing the new mounts) and cruise 75 mph+ for the 15 miles return trip home.

The inside of the cabin is so loud now (I have the 3" Injen exhaust stock dp) that I couldn't hear myself think. The 3" exhaust seems to be even louder now somehow, and it's as if the extra vibrations are transmitting everywhere. After a few hundred miles I will report back, and I did recheck my mounts to make sure that they were not loose and causing any extra vibrations because of that.

In conclusion and for now, I do not regret putting these VERY high quality mounts on my car (I knew what to expect going in), but last night with the windows up really highlighted how much vibration was being transmitted through and in to the cabin. My rear seats are removed and I do have a host of added chassis bracing plus the Cobb RMM, and all of these could possibly add to the extra vibration induced noise.