Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Smoking tire - Cobb stage 1 review!

as title states...

[video=youtube;1_v8BuB5RsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v8BuB5RsI[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Nice he giggles like me when I nail second and light the tires :)

C. love

I got their podcast last night listened to 3 of the episodes and every episode they rave about it lol. I keep saying i wont modify it but an intake exhaust and tune might have to be the ticket

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I got their podcast last night listened to 3 of the episodes and every episode they rave about it lol. I keep saying i wont modify it but an intake exhaust and tune might have to be the ticket
And when you wear out the stock tires get some sticky ones LOL

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yeah, how is it that my car is the weakest stock Fiesta ST on the planet? My "stock" Fiesta ST made 22 hp & 27 pft less than that one on the "baseline" run (same type of dyno, different location).

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
The more dyno results I see, the more I think the dyno you went to is miss-calibrated (if its possible)...

unless the elevation is that much of a difference, which I can't see being the cause...

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The more dyno results I see, the more I think the dyno you went to is miss-calibrated (if its possible)...

unless the elevation is that much of a difference, which I can't see being the cause...
Yeah, there's almost a 20 hp & 12 pft difference between dyno #1 and dyno #2 (Dynojet v.s. Mustang). Dynojet = 181 hp... Mustang Dyno = [hah] 162 hp. Same. Exact. Set-up. Somehow I lost 11 horsepower and -7 pft with the same exhaust system that make 10-12 hp gain on other peoples dyno. [mecry]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

Maybe 200-250 feet difference in altitude between Mustang Dyno in Cali and Mustang Dyno in Texas.

I was talking to my Dad, yesterday. He has his own project going on with his 2014 V6 Mustang. Has gotten a Bama tune, BBK Throttle Body, and Roush intake, so far. He did some dyno runs, the other day. He said they wanted him to flash it back to stock, for some baseline runs. He said when he did that, then flashed it back to his tune, the car ran like crap, at first, and gradually got better over the next couple weeks. I'm wondering if both our vehicles use the same learning logic, and that's been your issue this whole time. May have to give the tune a good while to take full effect?

C. love

its possiable it has a learn function but not probable. I would probable get a custom calibration. it also could be the dyno is in error not your car.
If you dont mind civic assassin curious why your dad got a v6 model and tuned it and not the v8. I know the 6 is alot cheaper buy the 8 is worlds above if you are performance minded. Im not bashing just curious.

Idk...Was just what he ended up getting. I'm not sure if it was the initial price and the mod bug got ahold of him, insurance, mpg, or what? I just know it'll damn sure leave me in a straight-away! I catch up quick on the curvy roads, though. ;)

C. love

Idk...Was just what he ended up getting. I'm not sure if it was the initial price and the mod bug got ahold of him, insurance, mpg, or what? I just know it'll damn sure leave me in a straight-away! I catch up quick on the curvy roads, though. ;)
mustangs handle like complete piles!!! Until you throw money at em. I'm sure my mustang would
wax my fiesta in the corners but i have put quite a bit into suspension.

I installed my AP last night but went with Stg 0 because I only have 550 miles on it and I want to see what the stock mapping does. Just like most cars they most certainly have a learn function.

With Subaru it's called Dynamic Advance Multiplier (DAM) or also Ignition Advance Multiplier (IAM) the number it represents is critical to how the motor performs and is based on octane and/or engine health. The number will lower if the motor is hearing knock or over boosting or if there's a bad sensor throwing off the tune. On the FiST the multiplier is the Octane Adjust Ratio (OAR).

When I installed the AP it reset everything. OAR was at 0.00 This # can range after driving from (-1.00 to +1.00) -1.00 being high grade fuel, +1.00 being low grade fuel. Over the 20 min of normal driving with some WOT pulls my OAR incrementally raised to -0.50 where it has stayed. I'm on CA 91 oct fuel which is known to be crappy. The OAR # tells the ECU what kind of fuel you currently have and will adjust timing and boost accordingly to run safe.

I plan to keep monitoring how the stock ECU works, it's very complex. Hopefully next week I'll hit the dyno and see how mine compares.

Thanks,

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I installed my AP last night but went with Stg 0 because I only have 550 miles on it and I want to see what the stock mapping does. Just like most cars they most certainly have a learn function.

With Subaru it's called Dynamic Advance Multiplier (DAM) or also Ignition Advance Multiplier (IAM) the number it represents is critical to how the motor performs and is based on octane and/or engine health. The number will lower if the motor is hearing knock or over boosting or if there's a bad sensor throwing off the tune. On the FiST the multiplier is the Octane Adjust Ratio (OAR).

When I installed the AP it reset everything. OAR was at 0.00 This # can range after driving from (-1.00 to +1.00) -1.00 being high grade fuel, +1.00 being low grade fuel. Over the 20 min of normal driving with some WOT pulls my OAR incrementally raised to -0.50 where it has stayed. I'm on CA 91 oct fuel which is known to be crappy. The OAR # tells the ECU what kind of fuel you currently have and will adjust timing and boost accordingly to run safe.

I plan to keep monitoring how the stock ECU works, it's very complex. Hopefully next week I'll hit the dyno and see how mine compares.

Thanks,
Ummm, you do realize stage 0 is the same map as what comes with the car, right? ~grins~ You can use the AP to monitor the car without uploading the stage 0 map (gauges and data logging) with the stock map. Also, the OAR learning on my car has never changed or differentiated from -1.00 even after ecu learning reset and changing maps (I've changed maps at least 15-20 times). Heck I wish I could get mine to reset to 0.00 but it has never once done that. [confused] Anyways, I look forward to seeing your dyno results.

Yes I did the Stage 0 on purpose :) When you marry the AP you have to choose what map to run. I did 0 to keep it stock. When Cobb releases the Pro Tuner software for the FiST I'll be able to see what they're starting the OAR at. It's possible they've started it with -1.00 that's why you've never seen it go below that and especially if you run better fuel.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Yes I did the Stage 0 on purpose :) When you marry the AP you have to choose what map to run. I did 0 to keep it stock. When Cobb releases the Pro Tuner software for the FiST I'll be able to see what they're starting the OAR at. It's possible they've started it with -1.00 that's why you've never seen it go below that and especially if you run better fuel.
Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the Race Access. I will be able to compare the stock map with the 91 and 93 maps and then I will look to tweak the OTS map to fit my car. [:)]