Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST needs a better HORN! Anyone done it?

Are you satisfied with the stock HORN?

• YES, it sounds fine to me!

Votes: 111 71.6%
  • NO, I wish it were louder/different, but doubt I will go to the trouble

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • NO, it s**ks! I plan to replace it.

Votes: 16 10.3%

• Total voters
Has anyone replaced their horn with one that can more reliably say, 'HERE I AM!'

I do believe that the ST deserves something more distinctive, and in line with it's performance intentions...

In the past, I've used the 'Stebel Nautilus', a beautiful, and loud-sounding two-tone (same as the 'Griot's Garage Italian Air Horn') to replace the generic one in three of my cars: my Mazda Miata, Lotus Elise, and Honda Element to very nice effect.

Would I be the first? I'm no electronics whiz by any stretch, so any help on doing this would be greatly appreciated!!

MOFiST

Man you should hear the Mazdaspeed 3 horn. That blows in comparison. I wonder if US and Euro fists have the same horn. I actually like my horn.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I don't think I have ever used the horn since I have owned the car.
My last car was the '11 Fiesta SES and it only has one horn where as the ST has dual.

Dave

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I used the sickspeed horns on my Mustang. These mount behind the grille. They come in handy when the horn is part of your car alarm. You can really hear these horns, Kind of like the Hella horns. I'm thinking of replacing my horns in my FiST. They are located under the passenger side head lamp housing.

OP
dougiedude
Thread Starter #5
Man you should hear the Mazdaspeed 3 horn. That blows in comparison. I wonder if US and Euro fists have the same horn. I actually like my horn.
I felt the same way with my Lotus Elise. It had a very wimpy horn. But now it's more in tune to its driving character...[hatchet]

OP
dougiedude
Thread Starter #6
I used the sickspeed horns on my Mustang. These mount behind the grille. They come in handy when the horn is part of your car alarm. You can really hear these horns, Kind of like the Hella horns. I'm thinking of replacing my horns in my FiST. They are located under the passenger side head lamp housing.

Awesome! Please post here if you figure out how to get it done... I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up by putting in the 'Stebel', so I could use some guidance as far as wiring/voltage concerns.

Mr. Electrically Inept

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Here is some info from ebay on these horns.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-BLUE-SUPER-LOUD-GRILLE-MOUNT-COMPACT-ELECTRIC-BLAST-TONE-HORN-KIT-FOR-12V-E-/321423173844?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ad65068d4&vxp=mtr

and here is some info on youtube, different horns and car, but the principle is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbiD9YRjlFU

If you replace your existing horns, it should be plug and play. You may need to create a negative post to ground wire, as shown in the youtube video, though. Especially if you mount these horns where the OEMs were.

OP
dougiedude
Thread Starter #8
If you replace your existing horns, it should be plug and play. You may need to create a negative post to ground wire, as shown in the youtube video, though. Especially if you mount these horns where the OEMs were.
I like the compactness of the Stebel. I'm hoping it will fit near the factory horn, which I'm little bit unsure of its location. Is it here in the photo which is looking at the side wall behind the passenger headlight assembly?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
You need to remove the passenger side head light. The horn is under the headlight. Give the sickspeed horns a chance. They are very loud and don't suffer from water damage when wet. Looks like the Stebel will definitely fit. I would add a relay. A relay is not needed with the sickspeed horns. Check out a sound clip on youtube. These suckers are very loud.

OP
dougiedude
Thread Starter #10
You need to remove the passenger side head light. The horn is under the headlight. Give the sickspeed horns a chance. They are very loud and don't suffer from water damage when wet. Looks like the Stebel will definitely fit. I would add a relay. A relay is not needed with the sickspeed horns. Check out a sound clip on youtube. These suckers are very loud.
Thanks, great info... I think I may wait until someone has done this with the ST before taking it on...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Dang, I thought the factory horn on this car was pretty good. Especially for the size of the car. It's one of the loudest factory horns that I have had.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I like the Factory horn. Way better than all my previous honda horns.
I'm with you on this. The prior owner of my XR4Ti installed dual air horns and they sound like ass. You have to hold the button down and wait for them to get going. Makes it impossible to just give a quick beep or tone.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ive always replaced my horns with Hella Horns but might hold for this car. Just wish the horn was a button instead of the whole center of the steering wheel. Its such an inconvenience to press lightly.

Coming from the Subaru world, we all used Hella Supertones horns. I saved my kit (2X horns/mounting bracket/relays/wiring) to use...but the factory horns don't seem to be bad.

Boro

Hella Supertones behind the grill.

Not my car, BTW.
Looks pretty sweet, surely sounds good too.

I came from a single-tone SES fiesta so the ST's horn sounds great to me, haha. At one time I'm sure my first thought would have been 'Put one of those train horns in it like a diesel truck.'

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anybody here installed the hella super tones? I see the picture but I was wondering what was actually needed besides what comes with the normal kit. Like what is needed to move the mounting location to the grille, etc etc.

I really want these blue ones.

FiestaST1

I installed mine just simply using the stock connection. I made a harness to extend from the factory location to the bumper beam behind the grille. I re bent the stock bracket to mount my Hellas. Hardest part of the whole thing was removing the bumper cover.

I'll be installing mine at the same time as my intercooler so the bumper cover will be off already. I'll be posting a write up whenever I get to putting the horns on. Hoping the bracket for the intercooler will be here today and the weather holds up so I can get moving on it.