Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 3

2016 fiesta st
I bought intercooler, air intake, catless downpipe with non fouler , catback exhaust 2nd hand
Can i do cobb accessport of the shelf map stage 3 with this?
I know cobb access port off the shelf map stage 3 does not support cattless downpipe

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
2016 fiesta st
I bought intercooler, air intake, catless downpipe with non fouler , catback exhaust 2nd hand
Can i do cobb accessport of the shelf map stage 3 with this?
I know cobb access port off the shelf map stage 3 does not support cattless downpipe
I have a catless dp and I run Cobb St 3 OTS tune with no problems, at least none that I can notice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get rid of the Catless down pipe...It does nothing in gains as Virtual Ronin has proved in a side by side test and log. All your doing is polluting more and harming the Bald eagles who do gnarly Fish grabs on some remote lake in Alaska.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
But I like coal rolling all those un-‘murcan Tesla’s? Also, nothing like the smell of unscrubbed exhaust in the morning. And, discernible gains or not, freeer flow aids in removing parasitic power losses due to back pressure.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Only one manufacturer claims that there are 3 actual stages with a stock turbo and it's pure bullshit.... You can have an upgraded intercooler ("Stage 2"), hybrid turbo (real "Stage 3") or big turbo ("Stage 4")... As far as the original question, yes, actually for Cobb's "Stage 3", they do say you're supposed to have a high flow or catless DP but all you really need is at least the intercooler.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
But I like coal rolling all those un-‘murcan Tesla’s? Also, nothing like the smell of unscrubbed exhaust in the morning. And, discernible gains or not, freeer flow aids in removing parasitic power losses due to back pressure.
Tesla is about as American as there is, designed and built in the US... Also, no, there are no parasitic loss with a stock DP and no gains with a catless DP, it's only like a quarter of second faster spooling. This was already proven by a real tuner making multiple, multiple dyno pulls.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Tesla is about as American as there is, designed and built in the US... Also, no, there are no parasitic loss with a stock DP and no gains with a catless DP, it's only like a quarter of second faster spooling. This was already proven by a real tuner making multiple, multiple dyno pulls.
I don’t trust cannabis-puffing South Africans with triple citizenships... Straight pipe, baby!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
LOL! Ok man, you're right, the founder isn't exactly natural born citizen... and you be you man, we all enjoy our cars in different ways!
True that. I didn't bother investigating in depth if it's worth it to go catless. I had Joe at 2JR do a bunch of stuff in my FiST, and this was just added to the list. "I was young and I didn't need the money".

danbfree

3000 Post Club
True that. I didn't bother investigating in depth if it's worth it to go catless. I had Joe at 2JR do a bunch of stuff in my FiST, and this was just added to the list. "I was young and I didn't need the money".
No, it's a pretty common mod, just weird to find out that most bolt ons don't do much with this car, so many of us just do some anyway!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
No, it's a pretty common mod, just weird to find out that most bolt ons don't do much with this car, so many of us just do some anyway!
There are tons of posts where people claim "feeling the difference" when there is just no way that any of those mods would do anything discernible. So, there's a placebo effect at work, no doubt. Game theory teaches us that marketing may be a powerful force. And, when you can smell unoxidized unburned gas from the pipe, this just HAS to make the car go faster.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There are tons of posts where people claim "feeling the difference" when there is just no way that any of those mods would do anything discernible. So, there's a placebo effect at work, no doubt. Game theory teaches us that marketing may be a powerful force. And, when you can smell unoxidized unburned gas from the pipe, this just HAS to make the car go faster.
LOL, true, but apparently the spool time is very slightly noticeably improved, but that's about it...