Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock FiST? Start with a diff!

I always thought it was the dual mass flywheel.. I had it today doing an awkward shift over an uneven surface.. it's nothing to worry about IMO... The dual mass flywheel is for a smother shift in it's working environment which is under hard acceleration.. From what I know. It's absolutely fine to replace that clutch with a non dual mass flywheel I'm pretty sure but I'm not sure what that would fell like to drive. I'm no expert but just my findings on this issue as I had to research it a little while ago anyway...

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I love my Quaife, and while it did push me into STH for my local SCCA and Porsche Club events, it really made the car click with my driving style (I started autocrossing with a WRX [yes, I should have learned to drive around it, but this is more fun]). I didn't notice a big change in torque steer, but then again, I once had a built SAAB Viggen, so everything seems minimal in the torque steer department compared to that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've found that my employee rate of labor for an LSD install with me supplying the parts would be around $700. Thats not too shabby considering I was told normal customer pay was pretty much twice that.
In my area it is almost 3 times that amount!! [crazyeye]

I paid $1100 to have my diff installed, plus all the little bits that I needed on top of the installation kit from Mountune. That being said, the installer (who's pretty well regarded up here) somehow F'ed up one of my brake soft lines and I noticed spongy brakes on the way home. One angry phone call later and they sold me a brand new AP for $450. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯