Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
well in that video I got 6.493. I've gotten 6.412. So I know there's room for improvement. Just takes practice.

And I think 6.4 seconds is pretty good for this car with minimal mods. I roll raced my dad's 1998 z28 and it was even from 35-95mph. So the car isn't SLOW, it's just not as fast as a new mustang gt. And I think it is a funner car to drive because it's so nimble and torquey.
I will try and do a 0-60 one day and see how it compares. I've raced a few cars and have blown some people away

Raced a e350 Benz and got him by a car length when I was stage 3 protuned sort of lol

Then a couple range rovers when early tuning on the x37.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

I will try and do a 0-60 one day and see how it compares. I've raced a few cars and have blown some people away

Raced a e350 Benz and got him by a car length when I was stage 3 protuned sort of lol

Then a couple range rovers when early tuning on the x37.

Yeah it's a quick little car that most people don't even notice. That's why I want to keep it as stock looking as possible but just keep getting faster. I'm not aiming to BEAT most cars, but just surprise some people. The car is rated to do 0-60 in 7.0 seconds from the factory. With minimal mods I'm at 6.4. That's a pretty good jump. Once I get lighter wheels+stickier tires I hope to be at 6 seconds flat on average.

And keep in mind, this car is a lot more fun to drive than the big muscle cars just because of how little it is and how nimble it is. I've driven a couple cars that would destroy my FiST in a straight line, but they just weren't as fun as the FiST. I think the FiST is a GREAT compromise between affordability, fun factor, practicality, and you can mod it to be pretty fast for pretty cheap. And it's a sleeper. It's honestly everything I could ask for in a brand new car for $22K. Yeah you're always going to want just another 10WHP, but that's nature.

Oh and not to derail the thread, but I noticed you (WeTheNorth) have the Maxxim Winner wheels. I just ordered a SET of 16x7 Maxxim Sixx wheels for $111. I guess if you are running the Maxxim wheels, they must be pretty good quality and won't break easily like some people are worried about.

Just my car to stage cobb stage 3 status and ran their tune while I waited for Stratified to come through with a tune, and the difference is huge. Power comes on much sooner and the default setting for their traction control is perfect for everyday driving. Also, ordered yesterday morning and they sent me the tune later in the afternoon. The Stratified crew rocks!!!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Oh and not to derail the thread, but I noticed you (WeTheNorth) have the Maxxim Winner wheels. I just ordered a SET of 16x7 Maxxim Sixx wheels for $111. I guess if you are running the Maxxim wheels, they must be pretty good quality and won't break easily like some people are worried about.
Oh you're going to love them, the quality is unreal for the price! Company is owned by Konig FYI

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So.... Who has been the main point of contact at Stratified for most people?

I've been dealing with Aaron through emails after a conversation with Alex and, to be honest, I'm not very enthused with the service.

1.) Purchased flash tune through the web - one day later I received an email from Aaron thanking me for my purchase, stating the tune was attached showing how to log the variables and which ones to log but no tune. I had yet to fill out the form indicating which modifications had been made.

2.) Aaron sends over the link to their website - after I send an email requesting clarification from him / for the link as he wasn't aware he sent the wrong email. as I replied I fill out the form on their website and submit the form.

3.) Receive the tune files from Aaron - email states that the variables I selected had not been changed as requested. Again, I request clarification on the settings. Aaron confirms that the tune is correct, the email wasn't changed to reflect my changes.

4.) Apply tune to the vehicle - I'm sitting in the car and am having trouble with the map selection sequence. I call in and talk to Aaron who picks up the phone - I ask about map switching and he doesn't know how. No big deal, he's typing away (I can hear the keys) to search how to switch the map - in the background I hear someone tell him how and he then forwards the information to me. Perfect, now I can switch maps.

5.) Same conversation as above - I ask about the traction control settings and how to change them. Once again, Aaron doesn't know how they work. I state that after scrolling through the AccessPort, I can't find any settings that are adjustable, it just reads the variables (as I understand it). Aaron puts me on hold stating he's going to check to confirm how the traction control is adjusted. I get cut off. He doesn't call back. That brings us to now. I still don't know how the Stratified traction control is adjusted.

I'm hoping that Aaron is new to the team and is just not yet comfortable in the sales environment - very possible, I was there myself at one point. The other is; there is a poor attention to detail (this concerns me as I don't know who exactly made the tune for my car and it's my engine that's on the line), his product knowledge is lacking (if he's the one sending the emails to me, I'm going to be asking him any questions I have) and his customer service is poor as well (doesn't take the initiative to call the customer back after getting cut off and not providing an answer to the question asked).

I'm normally an angry asshole who has high standards so I try not to get that disappointed when things aren't perfect - that being said, I'm messing with my 'daily driver' and I don't want to fuck around with engine settings. Things can go bad quickly.

Rant over - what say you Stratified?

TUX15ST

Yeah I hear you with this Aaron guy, I only seem to get email responses from him unless I PM alex directly, under his signature it says junior engineer so I believe he is in training, I too have received some very bad info from him in past as well. I really hope he is not the one making my tune/ anyone's tunes but I have a bad feeling that he is with the way he answers certain things. I understand the best way to learn something is to actually do it and there is always a learning curve but certainly this guy should not be the one who is doing most of the customer service work ( as it seems), IE probably shouldn't be the first line of defense for emails and phone calls when he doesn't seem to know what he is doing (yet)

The Traction Control Setting can be found in the Performance section of the AP, IIRC. You can change the setting there.

5.) Same conversation as above - I ask about the traction control settings and how to change them. Once again, Aaron doesn't know how they work. I state that after scrolling through the AccessPort, I can't find any settings that are adjustable, it just reads the variables (as I understand it). Aaron puts me on hold stating he's going to check to confirm how the traction control is adjusted. I get cut off. He doesn't call back. That brings us to now. I still don't know how the Stratified traction control is adjusted.

ST_ARMAN

Just to be fair to Strat, Map switching is a utility built-in to the COBB AP so the COBB AP user guide, FAQ, and instruction video is the best source of information for using this feature. Same goes to Traction Control, enable TC and adjust TC mode. But this does not excuse the tech rep from not knowing how to use these features.

So.... Who has been the main point of contact at Stratified for most people?

I've been dealing with Aaron through emails after a conversation with Alex and, to be honest, I'm not very enthused with the service.

1.) Purchased flash tune through the web - one day later I received an email from Aaron thanking me for my purchase, stating the tune was attached showing how to log the variables and which ones to log but no tune. I had yet to fill out the form indicating which modifications had been made.

2.) Aaron sends over the link to their website - after I send an email requesting clarification from him / for the link as he wasn't aware he sent the wrong email. as I replied I fill out the form on their website and submit the form.

3.) Receive the tune files from Aaron - email states that the variables I selected had not been changed as requested. Again, I request clarification on the settings. Aaron confirms that the tune is correct, the email wasn't changed to reflect my changes.

4.) Apply tune to the vehicle - I'm sitting in the car and am having trouble with the map selection sequence. I call in and talk to Aaron who picks up the phone - I ask about map switching and he doesn't know how. No big deal, he's typing away (I can hear the keys) to search how to switch the map - in the background I hear someone tell him how and he then forwards the information to me. Perfect, now I can switch maps.

I'm hoping that Aaron is new to the team and is just not yet comfortable in the sales environment - very possible, I was there myself at one point. The other is; there is a poor attention to detail (this concerns me as I don't know who exactly made the tune for my car and it's my engine that's on the line), his product knowledge is lacking (if he's the one sending the emails to me, I'm going to be asking him any questions I have) and his customer service is poor as well (doesn't take the initiative to call the customer back after getting cut off and not providing an answer to the question asked).

I'm normally an angry asshole who has high standards so I try not to get that disappointed when things aren't perfect - that being said, I'm messing with my 'daily driver' and I don't want to fuck around with engine settings. Things can go bad quickly.

Rant over - what say you Stratified?
Hi and really sorry to hear this was your experience. My team and I strive to deliver both a quality product and customer service and I am sorry we haven't fully satisfied here. Please PM me your order number and I will double check your tune preferences and features to make sure everything is as it should be.

In terms of the traction control, adjusting it and turning it on/off happens in the Tune menu of your accessport. This is a newer feature added by COBB and it also requires that you are using the latest COBB firmware for your AP. If you don't see these features in your AP menu, then plug the AP in your computer and make sure it has the latest COBB FW. If there are any concerns please let me know.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Hi and really sorry to hear this was your experience. My team and I strive to deliver both a quality product and customer service and I am sorry we haven't fully satisfied here. Please PM me your order number and I will double check your tune preferences and features to make sure everything is as it should be.

In terms of the traction control, adjusting it and turning it on/off happens in the Tune menu of your accessport. This is a newer feature added by COBB and it also requires that you are using the latest COBB firmware for your AP. If you don't see these features in your AP menu, then plug the AP in your computer and make sure it has the latest COBB FW. If there are any concerns please let me know.
I'll be checking the menu shortly - I had just updated the AP and, obviously, had never seen the option for adjustment in the Tune menu before and must have glazed over it while sitting in the car.

I've PM'ed you my order number - having been on the inside sales desk myself for many years I know a high level of organization is required. Hopefully this is a minor, no consequence 'incident' and Aaron can learn from it and better himself.

I'll be checking the menu shortly - I had just updated the AP and, obviously, had never seen the option for adjustment in the Tune menu before and must have glazed over it while sitting in the car.

I've PM'ed you my order number - having been on the inside sales desk myself for many years I know a high level of organization is required. Hopefully this is a minor, no consequence 'incident' and Aaron can learn from it and better himself.
PM replied!

gabe

All the tunes that you are receiving have gone through our verification process. This means that IF there is an error, it is only relatively minor such as individual launch control settings.
So those of us that told you about the check engine light issue and a few other things. Are we still included in you checking the data log??????

PS. I managed to reset it and take the check engine light off but now I'm running my car without the tune because I'm afraid of it reoccurring. I also sent you a pm. Still waiting for a response....

how long do typical log review/adding power revisions take these days?
In the winter things are a little slower so we usually process these quite quickly in 1-2 days.

So those of us that told you about the check engine light issue and a few other things. Are we still included in you checking the data log??????

PS. I managed to reset it and take the check engine light off but now I'm running my car without the tune because I'm afraid of it reoccurring. I also sent you a pm. Still waiting for a response....
Gabe, please message us directly via e-mail if there are any issues - it is much easier to keep track of conversations compared to a message board. I've replied via e-mail to you regarding your CEL but haven't received a reply. Let's continue this via e-mail. We can certainly have a look at a datalog to make sure all is well but as I mentioned in the e-mail there is no MAF sensor on the car and therefore it reading "lean" is either a false trigger after a reflash, or a mechanical issue such as an exhaust leak or similar.

"Hi Gabriel, the car runs in full time closed loop using the on-board wideband oxygen sensor. There is no MAF sensor on the car so intake leaks will not affect it.

However an exhaust leak will as it can fool the wideband oxygen sensor. If there is a leak between the turbo and downpipe you can have a condition where the sensor is fooled into reading lean due to fresh air entering the exhaust. This can trigger the lean code but can also cause the car to consume more fuel as the ECU is injection more to address this potentially false lean condition.

Introducing exhaust leaks is common when a downpipe is swapped. Could it be that the downpipe was removed or undone when the exhaust work was done to remove the resonator? This is the first place to look. This condition can also be caused by a contaminated O2 sensor connector from moisture ingress for example. So this is another place to look while under there."

gabe

In the winter things are a little slower so we usually process these quite quickly in 1-2 days.

Gabe, please message us directly via e-mail if there are any issues - it is much easier to keep track of conversations compared to a message board. I've replied via e-mail to you regarding your CEL but haven't received a reply. Let's continue this via e-mail. We can certainly have a look at a datalog to make sure all is well but as I mentioned in the e-mail there is no MAF sensor on the car and therefore it reading "lean" is either a false trigger after a reflash, or a mechanical issue such as an exhaust leak or similar.

"Hi Gabriel, the car runs in full time closed loop using the on-board wideband oxygen sensor. There is no MAF sensor on the car so intake leaks will not affect it.

However an exhaust leak will as it can fool the wideband oxygen sensor. If there is a leak between the turbo and downpipe you can have a condition where the sensor is fooled into reading lean due to fresh air entering the exhaust. This can trigger the lean code but can also cause the car to consume more fuel as the ECU is injection more to address this potentially false lean condition.

Introducing exhaust leaks is common when a downpipe is swapped. Could it be that the downpipe was removed or undone when the exhaust work was done to remove the resonator? This is the first place to look. This condition can also be caused by a contaminated O2 sensor connector from moisture ingress for example. So this is another place to look while under there."
I did reply. But how about you email me @carcrazy2121@gmail.com. Instead getting Aaron to do so. My response was simple. I never actually got the opportunity to do anything. Still factory downpipe. No resonator delete because I've been on a shopping spree. I have a C39 on order. I have a cpe intake, cpe nexus exhaust, plm 3" catless downpipe, and a race intercooler and crash bar from dhm. Non if those parts have been installed yet and some I'm still waiting to arrive.

I did reply. But how about you email me @carcrazy2121@gmail.com. Instead getting Aaron to do so. My response was simple. I never actually got the opportunity to do anything. Still factory downpipe. No resonator delete because I've been on a shopping spree. I have a C39 on order. I have a cpe intake, cpe nexus exhaust, plm 3" catless downpipe, and a race intercooler and crash bar from dhm. Non if those parts have been installed yet and some I'm still waiting to arrive.
I recommend reinstalling the tune. If you are still getting a code, we will be happy to check a datalog from you. I say we because we work as a team. In a small space. With open doors and no cubicle walls :).