Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sudden miss under heavy boost

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was going to order from whoosh and get the upgraded waste gate for lower spool. When does your power come on? And how difficult was install
I ordered from whoosh and also got the upgraded wastegate which I’m not using as the provided one is fine especially on stock fuel. Several folks here running it without issue on aux fuel and e30-e50 too. I’m dialing in the pre load and tuning some more to get spool down. With bad pre load and the restrictive adapter I spooled at 4800. With the WOR manifold and pre load fixed I’m hoping for 4200ish

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I know I'm being lazy here but does anyone have a part number for the coils? I'm at about 106k right now and yall making me nervous [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know I'm being lazy here but does anyone have a part number for the coils? I'm at about 106k right now and yall making me nervous [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Should be replaced every 50k as they break down internally over time. They are a wear item. Did mine at 60k*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #25
Should be replaced every 50k as they break down internally over time. They are a wear item. Did mine at 60k*

On a different topic, I want to test the car before paying for a tune, if I install the big turbo can I run it at idle without a tune? I would assume so, but would rather be safe than sorry in asking. Just want to make sure I corrected my misfire issue, I pulled the turbo off and did not see oil in the intercooler which has me worried.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
On a different topic, I want to test the car before paying for a tune, if I install the big turbo can I run it at idle without a tune? I would assume so, but would rather be safe than sorry in asking. Just want to make sure I corrected my misfire issue, I pulled the turbo off and did not see oil in the intercooler which has me worried.
What test?

OP
R
Thread Starter #27

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
gen 2 2860 atp kit, I also have an aux fuel kit coming, so I figure I can hit north of 350 easily, just wasn't sure about the depo intercooler, I know mishimoto clearly states 325
Did you already buy this kit? If not I will be posting mine up for sale in the spring. Mine will be coming with a port and polished stock log...ported ATP adapter to match....whoosh high flow Cat* and of course the Gen2 ATP GTX2860r.

OP
R
Thread Starter #32
My Gen2 Turned a very same or similar intercooler into a giant hair dryer. So I sought this one out. I even did a DIY write up on it. Way....way better IMO.

https://www.bravoalphaperf.com/products/big-mutha-fist-intercooler-kit

Hmmmm, I see the whoosh v3 says it can run 375 whp as well, I just don't know if it's in stock kind of confusing on their website:all colors OUT OF STOCK - new orders start shipping mid October 2021
I'm trying to keep cost down as originally had only budgeted for a hybrid turbo, but didn't want to take 2 months for one to be built, so stepped it up to gen 2, which then needed aux fueling..... oh god what have I done

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to a DHM360R Kit...Which is still a Gen2 but comes with a custom tubular manifold...external wastegate and its all v-banded*

OP
R
Thread Starter #34
Did you already buy this kit? If not I will be posting mine up for sale in the spring. Mine will be coming with a port and polished stock log...ported ATP adapter to match....whoosh high flow Cat* and of course the Gen2 ATP GTX2860r.

Yes, bought it from Whoosh's website sorry man :( I also can't wait till spring because my car is KIA with the dead turbo

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
H

How am I supposed to setup the charge pipe? The one included makes no sense to me how it would go in and there's a random port on the sidr
That is for the BOV* that little outlet on the hotside pipe for the ATP kit. Didn't you get a BOV with it as well?

OP
R
Thread Starter #39
That is for the BOV* that little outlet on the hotside pipe for the ATP kit. Didn't you get a BOV with it as well?

My BOV is on the cold side where blow off valves should be :) how is it routed though I can't for the life of me figure it out, and do you think I can just use my mishimoto cold pipes?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My BOV is on the cold side where blow off valves should be :) how is it routed though I can't for the life of me figure it out, and do you think I can just use my mishimoto cold pipes?
May not work unless you re-engineeer it too fit properly. or what you can do is Cap off the little Ext. outlet for the BOV.