Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC 3 Update August/September 2018 (JR3T-14G381-AM)

I've done pretty much all leaked releases and just did this latest official release. I only ever had that WiFi bug for a few days. Didn't do anything that I can recall to get rid of it. I currently have WiFi on as well as auto update.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I ended up solving it. Master reset did not fix it. Basically, I deleted all wifi connections and reconnected to my house. Problem gone.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Does this update add any additional features or is it just bug fixes? I didn't see any release notes on the Ford owner site. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle or not.

brbauer2

Does this update add any additional features or is it just bug fixes? I didn't see any release notes on the Ford owner site. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle or not.
I haven't noticed anything new and everything is working the same. Probably just a minor bug update.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #24
I was finally able to get this update installed. It's most likely because Ford has updated the file recently. If you were having issues before, try re-downloading the update now.

I just came here to rant...

I have a 2016 FiST without NAV and a 2018 Escape with NAV, both have Sync 3. I saw that there was an update available so I went to download the files. By default my owner.ford.com page comes up to my escape so I downloaded the update package named JR3T-14G381-AM, then I switched to my FiST download page and went to download the file and saw that it had the same file name... I thought, cool they just have a single package now and it determines whether your car has NAV or not.

NOPE!!!!

The geniuses at Ferd have the file named the same but there are 2 different ones. I tried installing it on my Fist and it got an error that it was only for a car with NAV. I went back and downloaded the file under the FiST page and then it wouldn't load from the thumb drive. It didn't even try to start the upgrade. A friend who is a senior tech at a Ferd dealer said to disconnect the battery and try again and that worked. It took the install no problem.

I then used the first one (with NAV) and update my Escape no problem.

Seriously Ferd? Why the hell would you give them the same file name when they are 2 different files???

---Rant Over---

Just an update. With all the problems people have had updating Sync, I have left my 2017 non-nav alone until a couple of weeks ago. I finally bought a 64 gb thumb drive and decide to try downloading and installing the update a couple of weeks ago. The first time I tried I could not download the update to the thumb drive. But I tried again a few days later and it downloaded. I was then able to install it successfully. I am not one of the very tech-savvy people here, but it worked fine. One thing the instructions do not make real clear is that during the installation you are prompted to restart the car several times. Don't be fooled into thinking that the installation is finished, even though the instructions on the Ford website say that when the installation is finished, you need to turn off the car, wait a short time, then restart it. It is very clear when the installation is all done and it is time to remove the thumb drive. There are also lags when there does not appear to be anything happening, but be patient. In the end it installed successfully and I now have Waze as an integrated app, which is why I bothered with the update at all.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I went from the AL version and was hoping my radio wouldn't tune to AM randomly when I started the car, but no luck. I don't see any difference.
Yeah, that's what I suspected. And - indeed - the radio suddenly comes in if it can't find the previous source of media. And, at the volume that made sense for the former, but for the AM station is at an aural assault level. I almost jump when it start to blare.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So we should be on version 3 now for both nav snd non nav cars? Trying to fix my setup and wonderinf if this is why my nav isnt working at all

Intuit

3000 Post Club
.......... was hoping my radio wouldn't tune to AM randomly when I started the car, but no luck. I don't see any difference.
If you have a USB device attached and that's supposed to be your audio source, this is probably because it's unable to load the file system, index and content fast enough. Mine only started that after switching to an HDD with well over 10,000 items on it... and even then, it doesn't occur often. The HDD should be plugged into two USB ports for a total of >750ma power, but have it running from one (~500ma) instead. It's also possible that a particular file(s) is responsible for slowing down initialization. I believe it's MBR partitioned, FAT32 formatted.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
If you have a USB device attached and that's supposed to be your audio source, this is probably because it's unable to load the file system, index and content fast enough. Mine only started that after switching to an HDD with well over 10,000 items on it... and even then, it doesn't occur often. The HDD should be plugged into two USB ports for a total of >750ma power, but have it running from one (~500ma) instead. It's also possible that a particular file(s) is responsible for slowing down initialization. I believe it's MBR partitioned, FAT32 formatted.
Mine does it all the time if it can’t find the last used source. I tend to stream via AA, so if it doesn’t find the phone either via the USB or the BT, it defaults to the last tuned radio channel. At the volume it was left when the ignition was switched off - which is way too loud for the radio. And since it doesn’t do it immediately and only after searching for the phone for a few seconds- it is always startling.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I went from the AL version and was hoping my radio wouldn't tune to AM randomly when I started the car, but no luck. I don't see any difference.
Lol my car started doing that after the update 😂😂😂